Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: You Are A Kobold  (Read 2559 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
You Are A Kobold
« on: March 19, 2012, 10:20:53 am »

You are a kobold, a small dog-like humanoid. Twenty years ago, your father's home cave was raided by human bandits. He were the only survivor. He managed to escape to a nearby town, and hid within the sewers. He met another female kobold, and then you were born a few years after. You are three years old. Your parents died in the night by natural causes. Your converted dead-end sewer has no more food, and you have only one option. The ladder to the surface awaits. But what kind of kobold are you?

Sorcerer: Trained in the art of ancient kobold magic, you are able to create powerful spells, as long as you do the proper rituals. You can choose one spell.
Scavenger: Taking broken items and making them whole again. Your technology is cobbled together from the tossed away, the irreparable, the forgotten. You can make flintlock pistols out of broken puzzle boxes, whole shirts out of torn dolls and chainmail out of a bed. You can choose one device to create.
Scourge: You are good at the art of modifying yourself and others. You are a doctor, sort of. You are more adept in the art of replacing then repairing. You use whatever you can to ensure the patient survives. If a clock needs to replace the heart, so be it. Oddly enough, you are so adept at this patients usually never die. And even if they die, you can bring them back. You can choose one modification to yourself.

Now, apart from this, there is also a matter of name and gender. So, what kind of kobold are you?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 04:33:37 pm by Fniff »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Quest
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 11:11:08 am »

Trrevi, a male sorcerer with a spell that creates a protective armor of magical force around us.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 12:01:53 pm »

You are Trevvi, a male sorcerer with a ritual that can create protective armor of magical force around us. The ritual requires carving a rune into a wall and casting the spell with your silver knife, and you have to say "Protect Self Body" in ancient kobold tongue. You are in the dead-end sewer, that has been converted to a nice cozy home. There are three beds, two of which are occupied by your parent's corpses, and two tables. On the first table is a collection of candles and lamps that light up the room, and the second is your silver knife and a kobold-sized tunic and coat.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 01:49:11 pm »

Get everything we can easily carry ready to go, cast the spell, and then venture into the unknown.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Quest, Chaper I: Into The City
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 06:07:24 pm »

You put on the tunic and the coat, and gather the items you need, (Silver knife and lamp), and carve the rune into the wall. "Tasl Ayan Osam", you mutter, and a green glow appears around you. It fades away. You feel protected. Now... it is time to venture forth into the unknown. You climb up the sewer ladder, and out into the light...

The light blinds you, and you cannot help but stumble around. When you finally gain your bearings, the light loses it's glare. Your dark adapted eyes finally adjust to the sunlight. You are in an alleyway, filled with boxes and fallen rubbish. To the north, a street awaits. On the right, a door below a sign marked in what appears to be the standard Empire letters (Luckily, you were taught how to read) that read "The Fallen Angel". The sky is gray, and the sun is a sickly yellow. You shift your coat, and wonder what to do.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 11:40:16 am »

Ahem, may be too early, but bump?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 11:43:41 am »

Using our born/species knowledge of stealth, sneak to the door and look through a gap, if possible.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 11:58:45 am »

You sneak up to the door, and look in the cracks. It appears to be a bar, pretty much empty. There is a shady looking human in black clothing with a black cloak on a barstool, and a large orc behind the bar. The bar seems to be very old and ill-repaired, and you can smell the split, stale drinks from over here. Suddenly, you hear a clicking sound from behind you. You turn around, and look up. A tall humanoid who appears to be made out of clockwork stares at you with glass optics.

"Citizen UNRECOGNIZED. You appear to be a vagrant. Announce personal details or vacate the area into the sewers. Name, race, address."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 04:29:42 pm »

Go back into the sewers for ten minutes until it goes away. Then, if the sentry is gone, find somewhere in the alley to hide and try to learn its patrol routs.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 04:33:16 pm »

"Alright, alright. I'll return." You mutter, going back to the sewer ladder. You climb down a bit, then look up. The sentry is gone. You climb up and cleverly hide in a bin, and wait ten minutes. It returns, looks around, then goes away. Ten more minutes, it comes back, looks around, and goes away. You think you have a pattern, now.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Quest, Suggestion Game; Chaper I: Into The City
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 08:36:29 pm »

Walk into the bar now that you know when to avoid metalman.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 11:41:18 am »

You open the door before the clockwork creature comes back, and close it behind you. The barkeeper looks at you as you walk forward.

"What do you want?" He asks.

Hm... you are rather hungry.

"Uh... do you have any food?" You ask.

"Yeah, we do. What food you want?"

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 04:41:05 pm »

We only wish to eat a fish, preferably juicy and sweet.
Oh, yeah and some traditional kobold-y drink.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

ComradeGafarov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 01:46:53 am »

Ask for Tsar Alexander in a can.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 12:48:19 pm »

I don't think we wave any money. Are we planning on dining and dashing?
Soaplent green is goblins!
Pages: [1] 2