Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reaction help:  (Read 426 times)

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATEBILLION:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Reaction help:
« on: March 20, 2012, 06:33:22 pm »

I have been trying to make a reaction that uses leather armor and scales to make scale mail, my dwarves always correctly grab the scales, but refuse to use leather armor, and instead use.... Umm. Of all things wine barrels to make the armor, does anyone have a clue whats going on?
[REACTION:MAKE_SCALE_ARMOR]
   [NAME:craft scale mail]
   [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
   [REAGENT:leather armor:1:ITEM_ARMOR_LEATHER:NONE:LEATHER:NONE]
   [REAGENT:scales:15:ITEM_TOY_SCALE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [PRODUCT:100:1:ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_SCALE_SHIRT:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:scales:NONE]
   [SKILL:LEATHERWORK]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reaction help:
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 06:42:42 pm »

There's no item supertype whose IDName is ITEM_ARMOR_LEATHER. ITEM_ARMOR_LEATHER should be the subtype. Also, I seriously doubt that it's getting the scales correctly, because ITEM_TOY_SCALE is also not a valid item supertype. Your reagent lines should look like this:

[REAGENT:leather armor:1:ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_LEATHER:NONE:NONE][ANY_LEATHER_MATERIAL]
[REAGENT:scales:15:TOY:ITEM_TOY_SCALE:NONE:NONE]

That should require a leather leather armor piece and 15 of any "scale" toy item.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Roraborialisforealis

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATEBILLION:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: Reaction help:
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 06:46:29 pm »

Alright, Thanks! I had troubleshoot it before I successfully got it working, but now it is working at 100% efficiency (ALTHOUGH making scale mail with metal is expensive as the circus.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)