Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Space Station 13  (Read 5316 times)

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
Space Station 13
« on: March 29, 2012, 08:28:05 pm »

Does anyone else play this? I gave it a shot, but it was extremely laggy. Maybe it was my computer or the server or something, but jesus christ i couldn't take a step without ending up on the other side of the map. Also I mostly putted around as an assistant and started to get a very basic grasp of how to do things before I got frustrated by the lag. Like taking apart a normal wall, thats just about as far as I got...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 08:33:32 pm »

Yes, you could say people around here know a fair bit about SS13.

Although topics seem to end up locked more often than not.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 12:16:52 am »

It's not you, SS13 has horrendous input lag because Byond is a pile of crap. Why noone has remade SS13 in some sort of playable form is one of the great mysteries of the internet. :(

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 12:19:33 am »

People have claimed they are making it, yet I have seen none of these attempts come to fruition.

Still waiting.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 12:31:49 am »

Never heard of it

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 01:26:38 am »

BYOND is a horribly laggy platform, but it usually isn't that bad. Try a different server.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 04:11:02 am »

I wouldn't mind having  SS13 that's platform independent and not reliant on BEYOND!
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 04:18:08 am »

I remember rerouting the solar field power (fairly easy, just build some titles, use some wire and cut the wire leading to the station) to power my array of doomsday lasers facing towards the station, then blew up 2 bombs I hide in endlessly circling disposal pipes and chucked a 3rd against the other wall, creating a corridor of pure death from escape, nearly all the way to arrivals.

Needless to say, none survived (more because people are clueless then that being especially deadly).
Needless to say, I got banned~

I can recommend making yourself unkillable by eating 5 pills of that medical stuff you get when you mix anti toxins and the other stuff.... god it's been a while. Fun to come back from the death constantly.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 06:42:48 am »

SS13 is a pretty cool game. It is a pain in the arse to be an admin, though. Mainly because of all the 'I WANT TO BE A ALIUM' adminhelps
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 07:54:14 am »

I can recommend making yourself unkillable by eating 5 pills of that medical stuff you get when you mix anti toxins and the other stuff.... god it's been a while. Fun to come back from the death constantly.
Antitoxin and inaprovaline, to be exact. Makes Tricordazine.
I wouldn't mind having  SS13 that's platform independent and not reliant on BEYOND!
http://spacestation13.com/
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 09:46:20 am »

the game seems brilliant, but if it really is BYOND! then that is an honest shame. I would have loads of fun, but lag bothers me more than anything else in a game. I was chasing a traitor down and had him end up warping away as i warped into a wall somewhere, which was frustrating to say the least...

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 11:25:31 am »

the game seems brilliant, but if it really is BYOND! then that is an honest shame. I would have loads of fun, but lag bothers me more than anything else in a game. I was chasing a traitor down and had him end up warping away as i warped into a wall somewhere, which was frustrating to say the least...
Again, try different servers.