Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 175179 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)
« on: March 22, 2012, 07:10:26 pm »

Roll to Be Heroic
(in a generally super fashion)

The world around you turns to fire, noise, pain, and lots of each.  You black out.

You wake up in a hospital bed, aching but not in serious pain.  Vaguely wondering how long you were unconscious for as your eyes adjust to seeing again, you struggle to recall what happened.  Oh yes, now you remember - you were working your boring corporate job at the dull office building just like every other pointless day of your life.  Then you got blown up.
You hear sounds of pain around you.  Looking around you see doctors and nurses frantically tending to other people in various states of injury, including yourself.  It looks like about a dozen people survived the explosion.  You wonder idly whether these are all of the survivors - after all, there were at least a couple hundred people working in your building at any given time, and you have no idea how large the explosion actually was.  For all you know all of downtown Aventin was destroyed.
After quite a while, the activity's slowed, everybody else has stabilized, and you've been carted off to a different room.  It's not a hospital room, though.  It appears to be some sort of debriefing room.  You've never been debriefed before and you're not eager to have your first experience stuck in a hospital bed.  Four other beds were wheeled in with you; you don't recognize anybody, and they don't appear to recognize you.  Before you can say anything, a rather non-descript man in a black suit walks in and locks the door behind him.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:13:11 pm by Remalle »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 07:10:48 pm »

The Complete List of Everything
(that you know so far)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Organizations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Individuals (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Technology (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 07:14:03 pm by Remalle »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 07:11:20 pm »

Spoiler: Active Characters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Waiting List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Graveyard (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:08:41 pm by Remalle »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 07:31:21 pm »

We all gotta be new sometime, Remalle. :P

Name: Desmond Green
Description: Nondescript seeming older man with brown hair and eyes. Dressed in motor cycle leathers-gloves, jacket and pants-judging by the tattered appearance, they were torn up pretty bad by some sort of crash. Has a wound on his head, covered in a thick bandage that partially obscures vision in his left side.

Background: Desmond is a advertising mogul by day. And an advertising mogul by night. He doesn't do much but work, unfortunately, leaving little time for others.

Today though-one of his rare weekly vacation days-he was riding idly through Aventin on his [midlife crisis personified], when a massive explosion knocked him askew...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 07:37:33 pm »

Name: Nicholas Fortmüller
Description: 5'9" tall, Young black-haired, ambar-eyed fella, usually found wearing a set of common jeans jacket and pants, plain white t-shirt and a courier backpack. He is average-built and uninteresting, but thank God he is not fat nor does he wear glasses. Nicholas does have long hair which he keeps tied in a pony tail, though.
Background: Quite the common guy, he runs some bike errands while hellbent on getting enough cash to enter a nice college and get a better life, but also spends some of his money on games for his console and has an unhealthy obssession with giant mecha games and anime. You could easily find him at the retail stores when the most recent AC game was released.

He was making a delivery (and pretty happy because of his newest acquisition) before the explosion blew his good mood away.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:46:19 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 07:40:06 pm »

Name
JOHN STRONG
Description
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 130 lbs
BACKGROUND
Physical attributes: BLACK HAIR, OLIVE COMPLEXION, FIERY YELLOW EYES
Description: JOHN STRONG was a PROFESSIONAL BODY BUILDER. He was obsessed with BEING THE STRONGEST THERE IS, which was made difficult by his INABILITY TO GAIN WEIGHT. His family was killed in a tragic incident involving PASTA, and he lives on his own in a RAT-INFESTED APARTMENT. He could think straight, but often had DIFFICULTY putting his thoughts to words.

Outside of bodybuilding, he had a MIND NUMBINGLY BORING JOB sorting numbers at a GENERIC CORPORATE OFFICE. This job has been CONSISTENTLY BORING for the past three years. At least, until TODAY...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 07:48:46 pm by freeformschooler »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 07:42:02 pm »

Name: Thomas Jackson
Description: A young, short, and slightly fat stereotypical nerd. He wears thick square glasses.
Background: An otaku working as a low-level lackey for the tech support department. His interests include never seeing copy machine Y-107B again (or at least not for the eleventh time this month alone), playing as katana-wielding paladin/weaponmasters in his weekly D&D sessions, complaining about politics on the Internet, and watching/discussing anime (subbed, never dubbed).

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 07:45:03 pm »

Woo, I got replies!  Guess my game isn't doomed to die an ignoble death, ignored by all.
Dwarmin, Nirur Torir: Great!
freeformschooler: Um... mind revising your tragic backstory?  There is kind of a different thing going on, after all.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 07:47:21 pm »

Oh, yeah. Somehow I glazed over the corporate office sentence(s) and kept reading  ::) I have a tendency to do that late at night. Revising.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 08:05:46 pm »

Reserving that last spot! One moment, will edit sheet into post. :D

Name: Jennifer Maxwell
Description: A small woman of only five feet two inches and one hundred and nine pounds. Her looks are best described as 'pixie-ish,' with delicate features and large grey eyes. Her hair is black and cut to chin length, parted at the center. Usually the left side hangs free and the right is tucked behind her ear. At the time she was brought in, she was wearing a white shirt, blue jeans, and sneakers.
Background: Jenny is a bit on the unfortunate side. She's merely a delivery girl for a nearby pizzeria, and was delivering five large mushroom and olive pizzas at the time of the explosion.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:14:28 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 08:16:35 pm »

Reser-

Waitlist!

Spoiler: Shove this (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:53:40 pm by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 08:19:56 pm »

Hey, we got two nerds. You know what that means. "MANGAS ARE WAY BETTER!!! NO U! RAEGGGG!!!!!!!"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn One! In which exposition is provided.
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 08:27:36 pm »

Turn One is here.  Exposition ho!

The man in the black suit adjusts his tie and clears his throat, making sure he has everybody's attention.  He glances at a paper in his hand, and, clearly bored, he speaks.
"Hello, my name is Waylon Brown.  I'm sorry to disturb your recoveries, but I represent the Federal Department of Supernatural and Paranormal Affairs."  He clears his throat again, leaving time for his words to sink in.  Supernatural and paranormal?  "We believe the unfortunate incident at the Ace building earlier today was the work of a group of terrorists calling themselves The Six.  Previous attacks by The Six have left many of their survivors... altered.
"Though there were other survivors this time, the five of you are the only people to show signs of this alteration.  The speed at which your injuries healed, for example.  The FDSPA has other ways of telling, as well.  As you most likely know, actual 'superpowers' are exceedingly rare, accounting for approximately four percent of all known 'superheroes'.  The rest use powered armour or physical training to accomplish their ends."  He clears his throat as you realize what he's getting at.  The man seems to be more interested in what he's saying now.
"The city of Aventin currently has no sanctioned 'superheroes' working here full-time.  Not counting the odd vigilante, of course.  Now, in the wake of the attack on the Ace building, the FDSPA has recognized an uncommon opportunity to offer all of you a job.  We would, of course, provide facilities, equipment, and training for your newfound abilities."  He waves off a question from one of the others.  "We'll get to your new abilities later.  In return for the sanction of the FDSPA, we obviously expect that the five of you would follow any orders we give you.  Don't worry, though.  Most days you would be free to patrol the streets at your leisure.  This would be your new full-time job, by the way.  We've already done the paperwork making sure you all died in the blast today."  He clears his throat yet again, and you wonder if he has a cold.  "I'm going to leave the room, and give you the opportunity to discuss amongst yourselves.  When I return I would prefer a consensus, my superiors really want all of your services."
The man in the black suit leaves.  You wonder if any of what he just said is true - you don't feel any different, certainly not as if you've gained superpowers.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 06:42:33 pm by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 09:38:59 pm »

Nicholas takes some time to think and gets to a pretty simple conclusion.
"I guess I will take it. Well, it is better than having to swap between suit and casual, casual and suit. Also, I think that means we get paid for it."
Also, he thought, it meant more cash for both his mecha games and his college funds.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 10:51:15 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 09:43:38 pm »

Jennifer blinked. It was a lot of information to take in at once. "Uh, well... I heard a government job usually has pretty good benefits. Dental, at the very least. I'm not sure if I like the idea of going out into danger all the time but I guess it's not much worse than trying to beat traffic trying to make deliveries on time." She thought about it a few more moments. "Sure. I'm in."

Jenny also accepts.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 86