Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 86

Author Topic: Roll to Be Heroic (On hold)  (Read 175481 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2012, 04:28:42 pm »

Were we noticed immediately, or did we have the potential opportunity to sneak up on the criminals?
Unless I state otherwise assume they don't see you until you post your first action, unless your first action is to sneak up on them.
Are things I'm carrying (watches, guns) subject to my temporal manipulations?
No, the effect is limited to your own body and anything inside it.  Your watch will run at the same speed as the rest of the world unless you swallow it, and a gun will appear to be firing faster or slower for you.  On the other hand you can swing a katana as fast as you yourself can move, because I'm just going to ignore air resistance problems.
Is there some limit to my time storage, or am I able to store a few hours of 4x time from my off-duty time between missions?
The only limit is to how long you're willing to go without interacting with the rest of the world.  If you were to spend a while slowed down relative to the rest of the world you would have two bursts of superspeed available to you the next time you need it.  I made a mistake here earlier that you should ignore.
If I have a few hours of 4x time usable, can I cut that into several pieces, or do I need to release it all at once?
The only thing you can control about the "recoil" effect is when it happens.  Once you start it you can't stop it.
It might work better to give me a temporal "battery" of x minutes, and assume I charge it between missions.
We'll see.  If the way it is now doesn't work I'll change it to a battery, but I have it the way it is now to avoid making the power too overpowered.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 04:36:15 pm by Remalle »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2012, 04:44:38 pm »

"The first thing I did was throw a flashbang between them to stun them."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 05:58:23 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2012, 04:50:28 pm »

Er, sorry if the narrative device made it unclear, SeriousConcentrate, but the encounter actually happened.  Think after-action report.  Also, that wasn't one action.  Also also, I forgot to mention that while invisible you can't see.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2012, 04:51:17 pm »

(OK. Will edit my action in a bit.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2012, 05:53:16 pm »

Desmond scratched the back of his head.

Action: "I threw myself in the way of the bats. I knew I could take it...and then dish it back out."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 06:11:01 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2012, 06:06:09 pm »

That's not one action!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2012, 06:11:12 pm »

@Rem: Does that work?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2012, 06:19:58 pm »

Yes.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2012, 08:34:40 pm »

"I JUST KNOCKED EM OUT WITH A SLAP TO THE HEAD. LUCKY SHOT, TOO - NOT FAMILIAR WITH NEW STRENGTH. COULD HAVE REALLY HURT SOMEONE."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2012, 08:37:40 pm »

((Were all of our "Current characters statuses" written by JOHN STRONG? Because they are written LIKE IT WAS HIM.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2012, 08:53:00 pm »

"Are we really going to have to go over everything that we did wrong in a group every time we go do something heroic?" Thomas sighs. "Look, I know things didn't go great. I know attacking someone who had a gun pointed at an innocent's head was a terrible idea. At the time, doing a flash step" (at 4x speed) "before I was noticed and hitting the mugger in the head with my sheathed katana seemed like the best way to diffuse the situation. Still, I think it turned out mostly fine for my first mission."

((This is, in fact, the best possible way to determine whether or not time dilation increases my velocity enough to explode someone's head. And yes, it turning out "mostly fine" works even if he ends up with several bullet holes and a dead victim from a family of lawyers. SOMEHOW!!))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Heroic - Turn Four! In which heroics are done. Heroically.
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2012, 09:50:34 pm »

Caellath: heh, I was trying to make it seem like some sort of official dossier.  Is it too hard to read?
Incidentally, everyone thinks JOHN STRONG is a CRAZY PERSON.

Brown nods at your reports of the beginning of your fights.  "That seems to line up with what Agent Wash already reported.  Good.  At least you're all honest."  He clears his throat and studiously avoids eye contact with John Strong before continuing.
"Agent Fortmüller, your initial attempt to subdue the arsonist [6] was perhaps a bit much.  He managed to light his lighter before you knocked him out, and that combined with the gasoline spilling everywhere when you knocked him across the street set three parked cars and a scooter on fire.
"Agent Maxwell, I understand that after you gained attention of the fighting men and threw a flashbang [1] you not only managed to not slow them down but actually, somehow, managed to blind yourself.  Despite your light-filtering face mask and ability to absorb light.
"Agent Green, your tactic of deflecting the assaulters' attentions was smart.  Agent Wash says [4] the old lady was able to get away while you charged yourself up.  However, I would suggest you charge yourself with energy before getting in a fight, next time.
"Agent Strong!  [2+1 You managed to stun the carjacker with a glancing blow to the side of the head.  All things considered it's a good thing that you erred on the side of too little force rather than too much.  Agent Wash tells me the man was still able to get his gun on you before you could subdue him completely.
"Agent Jackson, [3+1] it is extremely lucky that you didn't kill the mugger, attacking him with four times as much force as any other human can manage.  While you did knock him out, you should have taken advantage of your speed to check the mugger didn't have any friends.  Agent Wash says in his report that the mugger's partner took off down the street as soon as the mugger went down.
Brown makes a few notes on a sheet of paper on his desk.  It looks like it belongs on one of the inches-thick reams placed all over his office.  "Ok, good.  So each of you please tell me, what happened next?"

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 06:42:07 pm by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2012, 10:05:42 pm »

Nicholas fixes his ponytail and sighs:
"After that I tried to absorb the thermal energy while releasing it in short bursts of heat directed towards the sky to prevent the risk of overheating."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2012, 10:11:22 pm »

Uhhhh.

As much as I want to play it was sort of foolish for me to sign up at this time. I don't want to hold anyone up so I may have to take my leave here. Anyone else can play JOHN STRONG or Cael can kill him off to bring in another waitlister. Sorry guys.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2012, 10:14:13 pm »

"I'm not sure I even noticed the second mugger when he fled. If I did, I'd've thought he was just a random late-night jogger. The situation seemed clear, and Agent Wash had me covered, so I ended my time bubble and checked the victim for injuries after kicking the first mugger's gun away. I did keep him in my sight just in case he managed to get up again."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 86