Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.06 Released  (Read 68784 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.06 Released
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2012, 07:51:57 pm »

They have to have grasps or heads, but yeah, presumably a skull totem is no longer recognized as a head.

Is a head not a grasper? My adventurers seem to hold plenty of 'ammo' (lips, ears, fingers, that sort of thing) in their mouths.

No, "grasp" specifically refers to body parts with the GRASP tag, which means hands and maybe tentacles and stuff.  Mouths get some special grasp-like abilities, but they aren't true grasps.

Buffalo Phil

• Escaped Lunatic
  • _____________________________________________
    • View Profile
    • Dirigo
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2012, 09:32:42 pm »

These updates have rocked!  My high expectations are for once met.   Great work. :)
__________________________________________________________________________________

CodexDraco

• Bay Watcher
  • [SARCASTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2012, 09:34:49 pm »

You have almost definitely run into the classic impassable-workshop-tiles mistake; an easy one to make.  Bowyer's and jeweler's workshops are the most common.

Heh! And I thought I had run in a bug in the new version. Thanks!
Finely minced dwarven wine... what?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2012, 09:18:54 am »

Well, clothing gets dropped, though I had to take out cabinets from rooms. Thing is, the clothing just gets carried to my stockpile. I'm just selling it to passing merchants just like in the previous version. How do I get my dorfs to bring the Xpig tail fiber sockX to a refuse pile?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2012, 10:40:11 am »

Mark it for dumping?
*Hugs*

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2012, 12:21:29 pm »

Only things capable of grasping can be animated, and only if they retain their approximate original form. That's the internal logic of the game.

Then why are hair and untanned hides getting animated?

Is there a way to force dwarves to dump their owned tattered unusable clothes? I've only started playing and they did grab all the stuff lying around, but their garbage clothes are all left in their rooms.

I think Toady said that discarded owned items take 10 to 20 game days to become unowned, so try waiting a while.  If after a that they still don't get taken to the rubish stockpiles, then it's a bug.

Ves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2012, 12:53:21 pm »

Well, clothing gets dropped, though I had to take out cabinets from rooms. Thing is, the clothing just gets carried to my stockpile. I'm just selling it to passing merchants just like in the previous version. How do I get my dorfs to bring the Xpig tail fiber sockX to a refuse pile?

Dwarves don't dump xsockxs. I assume they only dump XXsockXXs. But a Dwarf will replace his xsockxs with a pair of unworn socks if possible and put the xsocksx back in the finished goods stockpile. Then another dwarf might go and put them on if they can't find anything of higher quality.

I don't know if that's what Toady intended to happen. There's a certain amount of logic in saving clothes that aren't entirely tattered for second-hand ownership.

muxecoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2012, 03:50:31 pm »

Did I read it right? Clothing bug actually fixed?

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2012, 03:54:15 pm »

First post in this thread.
   (*) Allowed people to pick up their own owned clothes
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2012, 06:40:45 pm »

I don't dump my XsocksX. My mum's always telling me off for it.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:49:21 pm by Buttery_Mess »
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2012, 06:49:02 pm »

Dwarves don't dump xsockxs. I assume they only dump XXsockXXs. But a Dwarf will replace his xsockxs with a pair of unworn socks if possible and put the xsocksx back in the finished goods stockpile. Then another dwarf might go and put them on if they can't find anything of higher quality.

I don't know if that's what Toady intended to happen. There's a certain amount of logic in saving clothes that aren't entirely tattered for second-hand ownership.
It's fairly logical since those slightly tattered clothes won't be claimed if theres better clothes around, It's bnetter to wear xpig tail socksx than forgotten beast goo covered xbare feetx
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Radiant_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE_CLASS:MODDER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2012, 09:58:57 pm »

Will a lack of the [CLOTHING] tag in the entity prevent unhappy thoughts from nakedness?
Testing reveals: no.

With no [CLOTHING] and no shirts in the entity, my entire party was unhappy about their nakedness. How unfortunate.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2012, 04:03:15 am »

I don't dump my XsocksX. My mum's always telling me off for it.

And I may have some that are older than you...  (Without in any way checking that if contributed to the demographic thread, or similar, just assuming. ;) )

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2012, 04:06:46 am »

Will a lack of the [CLOTHING] tag in the entity prevent unhappy thoughts from nakedness?
Testing reveals: no.

With no [CLOTHING] and no shirts in the entity, my entire party was unhappy about their nakedness. How unfortunate.
They must really loath their kingdom.  You shouldn't have given them Torso Awareness.

Xebeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2012, 06:43:09 am »

A bunch of migrants arrived just now, and on the square where they spawned is now a whole pile of jewelry made out of animal teeth. Every migrant is dropping his jewelry on that spot when he arrives, you can watch it grow.

Edit: And it's all unclaimed. They're now forming a congaline picking it up.
I reported that one the other day. At first I was wondering how all those crafts ended up in my stockpile when I didn't order any crafts to be made.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10