Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.06 Released  (Read 68546 times)

vrga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.06 Released
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2012, 07:27:58 am »

Will a lack of the [CLOTHING] tag in the entity prevent unhappy thoughts from nakedness?
Testing reveals: no.

With no [CLOTHING] and no shirts in the entity, my entire party was unhappy about their nakedness. How unfortunate.
They must really loath their kingdom.  You shouldn't have given them Torso Awareness.
Surely you mean Torso Awaregness :p
Zeocin's take on the current situation in Ardentdikes:
Otherwise known as the Release Urist Now Apocalyptic Weapon of Arse Yerking, or the R.U.N.A.W.A.Y. system.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2012, 08:18:45 am »

Surely you mean Torso Awaregness :p
Just like with a particularly infamous dragon dagon, I am obviously afflicted by self-corrective reading/writing...

(Are we off-topic yet?  And is it my fault?  Probably yes, for both.)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2012, 08:48:59 am »

Will a lack of the [CLOTHING] tag in the entity prevent unhappy thoughts from nakedness?
Testing reveals: no.

With no [CLOTHING] and no shirts in the entity, my entire party was unhappy about their nakedness. How unfortunate.
They must really loath their kingdom.  You shouldn't have given them Torso Awareness.
But they won't have enough protection from the Knob Goblins without shirts on.
*Hugs*

Drakkett

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2012, 12:21:04 pm »

I'm working on spinning up my clothing shops prior to updating, what is the minimal amount of clothing required for a dwarf not to feel naked?  Shirt, pants, shoes, socks? (I have about 200 naked dwarfs that I'd like to have clothing made for when they realize suddenly they are naked).

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2012, 01:11:52 pm »

I don't dump my XsocksX. My mum's always telling me off for it.

And I may have some that are older than you...  (Without in any way checking that if contributed to the demographic thread, or similar, just assuming. ;) )
A buddy of mine wears socks until the bottoms fall completely off. He then wears them as spats until they disintegrate completely.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

JasonMel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2012, 01:47:23 pm »

I would just like to thank Toady One for the workaround for that old savegame load crash I reported. It worked, as unto a charm.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2012, 04:00:08 pm »

I'm getting 2 year old. or even older migrants that say that they are babies. In one fort the mothers actually icked them up but in three others they were left to starve alone. The oldest "baby" was 5. Is this a bug regarding people from previous forts migrating or something? I think I recognized some names and it was not an issue for the first fort in the world.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2012, 10:52:08 pm »

Are togas present ingame as a base cloth type to keep a dwarf covered.

Radiant_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE_CLASS:MODDER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2012, 11:38:12 pm »

Yes.

Code: (from item_armor.txt) [Select]
[ITEM_ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_TOGA]
[NAME:toga:togas]
[UBSTEP:1]
[LBSTEP:1]
[LAYER:OVER]
[COVERAGE:100]
[LAYER_SIZE:30]
[LAYER_PERMIT:100]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:5]
[SOFT]
[LEATHER]
[STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_WOVEN_THREAD]

If you replace all the existing "[ARMOR:*:*]" tokens under the dwarves in entity_default with:
Code: [Select]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_TOGA:FORCED]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_LEATHER:COMMON]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE:COMMON]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_MAIL_SHIRT:COMMON]

then remove [PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_PANTS:COMMON] from the dwarven entity, that should get you a bunch of toga-wearing dwarves.

guebstrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2012, 09:43:19 am »

"removed negative clothing thoughts for children"

This is good since all of the children in my .06 fort are going berserk, destroying everything, and are being slaughtered by the masses. One of them attacked a caravan last night.
He is the former holy fungus of The Fellowship of Hell

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2012, 05:33:42 pm »

Togas are one of the clothing types that some dwarven civilizations know how to make, and others do not.  If it shows up as "(foreign)" on the armor list in your military uniform screen (m n A), then your civilization doesn't make them.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2012, 07:57:57 am »

Now that the caravan wagons are back, seems there is a bug when you build two depots.
Wagons go to one (or queue to it), and the other merchants with pack animals go to the other.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2012, 08:30:52 am »

Now that the caravan wagons are back, seems there is a bug when you build two depots.
Wagons go to one (or queue to it), and the other merchants with pack animals go to the other.
AFAIK this is new one - the best way to fix it is to report bug/find existing report and upload save (before arrival of bugged caravan) to http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/my_view_page.php
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2012, 09:12:29 am »

AFAIK this is new one - the best way to fix it is to report bug/find existing report and upload save (before arrival of bugged caravan) to http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/my_view_page.php

It probably falls under this report.

floundericiousWA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2012, 12:29:43 pm »

How about fixing ghost bugs next? And/or make engraving memorials easier (looking through hundreds of entries which are only sorted by date is quite tedious). Personally I donīt really care about animal training and clothing, but thatīs only me I guess. I care about ghosts who canīt be put to rest because they donīt even appear in the engrave slab screen and being able to select that nasty ghost who is haunting your fortress WITHOUT having to check hundreds of names only to find out that he's not on the list.

This.

It'd be swell if "ghostly whatevers" could be put to rest with a memorial slab placed similar to a coffin... the mechanics of getting a slab engraved with the right name is a real PITA.

It could work better if...say... you had the ability to set it up empty/blank just like a burial receptacle, then (q)uery-tag it for (b)urial/memorial and then (a)ssign a ghostly malingerer to it, which would be completed by an engraver as a job.  that way you still need a mason to create the slab, you still need to build the memorial, and you can choose ghosts to be memorialized which will then need to be completed by an engraver.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10