Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.06 Released  (Read 68544 times)

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.06 Released
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2012, 01:57:42 pm »

Woooot! I haven't been *quite* as keyed up for this release as for .34 in general, but I've still been salivating, what with the animal training + clothing fixes. Yes please!

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2012, 02:02:02 pm »

While I'm in ecstasy over clothing now getting used again, I'm going to have to build air locks into my tailor areas so I can finish decorating all the clothes before releasing them for the general public.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2012, 02:37:13 pm »

did the bug where bone decorations used the whole stack of bones instead of just one bone (the same with moods) got fixed?

Ganthan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2012, 02:43:11 pm »

Players of pony forts will be extremely pleased with this release.  Gem encrusted clothing and pony pet playdates ahoy!

It sounds like this release might solve the "Military claims all the food in the fort" bug, but if it takes 10 - 20 days for unheld items to lose ownership then the food may rot before it gets restockpiled.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2012, 02:57:09 pm »

Thanks for the new release.

How about fixing ghost bugs next? And/or make engraving memorials easier (looking through hundreds of entries which are only sorted by date is quite tedious). Personally I donīt really care about animal training and clothing, but thatīs only me I guess. I care about ghosts who canīt be put to rest because they donīt even appear in the engrave slab screen and being able to select that nasty ghost who is haunting your fortress WITHOUT having to check hundreds of names only to find out that he's not on the list.

AdeleneDawner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2012, 02:59:19 pm »

(*) Decreased vampire frequency for fort migration

Ive only had one vamp ever migrate so far, but i hated him... thank you. That is all

You must either have played very little time on the forts or just being very lucky. In a 100 migrated dwarves I think 1/10 is a vampire. Whenever I get a migration I expect two more vampires to crush under the bridge.

I've played 3 or 4 forts up to 60-90 dwarves each since the update and still have yet to see a single vampire.

My guess is that it has to do with whether there's vampirism in the area you're embarked, or in the civ you're embarking from.
Dying (ceasing to be alive) is also not a Moodable skill. Even totally unskilled Dwarves seem to do it correctly.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2012, 03:22:16 pm »

Oh Armok, so much glory to be had. So many forts to be abandoned.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2012, 03:32:18 pm »

A few of us or more seem to be having trouble getting animals trained.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hunting training doesn't seem to happen either. Could we please get some insight on this, or is it bugged? The dogs do indeed have "waiting to be trained for war" in their v-p screen, but the guy with animal training skill is doing nothing. I also enabled animal caretaking on him just in case, nothing. Does he have to reach a certain skill level to war train?

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2012, 03:41:28 pm »

It may be necessary to issue a work order in kennels (it was the only necessary thing in the old version)
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2012, 03:42:38 pm »

It may be necessary to issue a work order in kennels (it was the only necessary thing in the old version)

Kennels only have capture live animal, and tame small animal, neither of those create training instances.

Edit: jhxmt just figured it out, need to make a animal training zone.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 03:46:04 pm by Vherid »

ratchet freak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2012, 03:46:11 pm »

I FOUND IT!

Training is done in an animal training ZONE!

I set one up, and now my animal trainer is merrily training those beautiful dogs of meatshield war.  :)

it's a zone you need

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2012, 04:07:06 pm »

Ah, yeah, I should have mentioned.  Yeah, they'll tame them the initial time while they are in a cage or wherever, but for other training you either need a zone, or I think they'll also go to a chain or pasture if the animal is assigned.  Not a cage though.  A cage is no fun.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2012, 04:34:48 pm »

Yay, finally the clothier shop has a reason to exist beyond moods!  i predict a few tantrums until I remember to take care of the clothes :D

"A vile force of darkness has arrived."

"Hey guys, our new clothes have arrived! Dibs on the spider silk thong and some troll fur socks!"

-------------

Now just a way to actually deal with vampires, like "accuse of being a nightcreature" in adventure mode. Then, as in worldgen they'll run away or if they can't, fight till the end as in adventure mode. Instead everyone saw it sucking someone dry and it's still walking around in the fort.

edit:
Oh, and:
Hail the Toad! Blood for the Blood god!
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2012, 04:47:56 pm »

Excellent!  The first download on my new computer and it is this! >:3

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2012, 04:49:41 pm »

Well, shit, dwarves get unhappy thoughts from having no clothes on...

Hopefully I can get some made before the children falcon punch somebody.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10