Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.06 Released  (Read 68776 times)

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.06 Released
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2012, 04:53:32 pm »

Is it Thanksgiving yet?

Because I'm REALLY thankful for this release.
<3

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2012, 04:56:06 pm »

Hurrah! Now fix more long-standing bugs while I go and enjoy this release!
[Signature]

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2012, 05:09:11 pm »

Fantastic fixes! Thank you.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2012, 06:28:54 pm »

Coolness, nice update. Guess I'll need to start making clothes, lol.

Also, vampires needed fixing? Was everyone else getting really high rates? I was generally getting about 3 every 5 years. Current fort 10 years in, none so far...

Eh, oh well :p
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Archos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2012, 06:30:56 pm »

Oh my, thank you Toady! The cloth issue was very annoying :D Thanks!

Well, this means that dwarves will get new cloths when theirs become useless now? Or they still can't claim new cloths?
And how this works (or maybe will on the future)? They just get whatever seems fit on a cloth stockpile?

Sorry if I missed this information somewhere :X

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2012, 07:16:13 pm »

Thanks, the clothes bug fix is a life saver and the animal training sounds cool.

Drakkett

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2012, 07:20:00 pm »

Thanks on the Vampires, had one migration of 10 dwarves with three vampires.  Total of 7 vampires in first 5 years of the fort.  Still learning the game, going to be interesting with having to worry about clothes too.

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2012, 07:42:27 pm »

So, in the knowledge tab of the animal screen, does "General familiarity" mean that if you tame one of those as an adult you have to keep re-taming it to keep it from going feral?  Also, for re-taming, does the work for that automatically go to whoever tamed it in the first place, or can the workload be distributed amongst all animal trainers?

Also:

Each civilization has animal training familiarity based on locale/journeys/domestication.

For dwarves, does "based on locale" mean that anything with [PET_EXOTIC] which shows up in the first cavern layer will automatically have a "General familiarity" rating, while species which show up only in cavern layers two or three might show up depending on journeys?  That's the impression I get from letting worldgen run only eight years and then looking at the training list.

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2012, 08:25:24 pm »

Hmn, I have few trained wildboars, but I still cannot select "war training option" on them, how can I do that?

Captain Crazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2012, 08:39:46 pm »

Is it possible to tame exotics again? This update sounds freakin' brilliant, but I heard that Dungeon Masters still haven't been added back yet.
I usually think of Armok as the pure essence of FUCK YOU!

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2012, 09:03:02 pm »

Is it possible to tame exotics again? This update sounds freakin' brilliant, but I heard that Dungeon Masters still haven't been added back yet.

The Dungeon Master is no longer needed to tame exotic pets.  Exotic pets can now be tamed straight away, but are more difficult to train than non-exotics, with the difficulty decreasing if your fortress' parent civ has experience with that type of exotic.  If your parent civ has no experience, you have to (dangerously) learn as you go.

Captain Crazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2012, 09:33:49 pm »

The Dungeon Master is no longer needed to tame exotic pets.  Exotic pets can now be tamed straight away, but are more difficult to train than non-exotics, with the difficulty decreasing if your fortress' parent civ has experience with that type of exotic.  If your parent civ has no experience, you have to (dangerously) learn as you go.

a smile I have
I usually think of Armok as the pure essence of FUCK YOU!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2012, 09:38:48 pm »

I'm not going to officially bugrep this, yet, but I think I've had DF quit out on me twice while worldgenning.

Trouble is, it's running on a computer alongside a dozen other applications (including two instances of IE, with many tabs between them, a Firefox-portable (ditto on tabs), Audacity, WinRar working like mad on a little project, and various other more more minor things.

All I know is that I started off a more-or-less default worldgen (second time I reduced history to 125 years), watched it start and then later on... no DF app running.

But I'm going to try it later, on another (better!) machine with no other distractions, then... isn't there a log thing to turn on in the INITs?  Well, if it still goes wrong, I'll deal with that as necessary.

But all that's a bit of a downer.  In concept, I like the changes, and I applaud them.  I'm sure it's just this particular machine going doolally-tap, or something.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2012, 10:19:59 pm »

Does the animal training include the herd animals in the underdark? I hate having to make them trainable every new version..

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2012, 10:33:40 pm »

(*) Stopped young animals from lashing out

I could of sworn that cage was big enough to hold two dozen. 

Now this unbridled violence will no longer weigh our consciouses down. 
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10