Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is the worst bug in DF?

Bug #535: Equipping weapons/armor on military is erratic
- 30 (9.1%)
Bug #1582: Injured dwarf in bed in stocked hospital ignored by idle doctors and #94: Injured dwarves not recovered
- 24 (7.3%)
Bug #2712: weapons, especially whips, cut through steel armor like butter
- 20 (6.1%)
Bug #296: Pools/smears/spatters of blood, dust and other materials multiply themselves, get tracked around too much
- 18 (5.5%)
bug #4230 - bucket with water inside becomes unusable
- 5 (1.5%)
impossible mandates like blue jay tooth etc - bug #1623 due to strange preferences (wagon wood - bug #3676 etc)
- 1 (0.3%)
(fix annouced on III 27) Bug #3708: Ghost names that can't be engraved on a slab and nameless slab engravings
- 30 (9.1%)
Bug #425: Dwarves Not Cleaning Blood
- 3 (0.9%)
Bug #3898: Entire Bone Stacks are used in Reactions instead of a single Bone
- 9 (2.7%)
Bug #2327: Blunt weapons extremely ineffective, extended single combat with groundhog
- 6 (1.8%)
Bug #4550: Dodging into river/lava/from cliff etc
- 5 (1.5%)
Bug #1346: Adamantine thread used for suturing.
- 2 (0.6%)
Bug #4552: Siegers waiting by bodies of dead leaders
- 6 (1.8%)
Bug #136 When embarking on large area, DF hits 2GB memory limit and crashes
- 6 (1.8%)
Bug #1376: Presence of saltwater marsh causes mountain brooks/pools to become salty
- 4 (1.2%)
Bug #3685: Goblin squads invading a fortress will kill their non-goblin squadmates, sparking loyalty cascade
- 3 (0.9%)
Bug #3169: Bone carvers suffer art defacement when somebody leaves the map with stuck-in masterpiece bolts
- 2 (0.6%)
Bug #5312: Undead reanimate too quickly (and forever)
- 14 (4.3%)
(fix annouced on III 28) Bug #1609: Immigrant dwarves' skills often don't match their job settings
- 5 (1.5%)
Bug #4856: Immortal Dwarf (... Yet unconcious) [or any other creature]
- 0 (0%)
Bug #1451: Military equipment interferes with civilian equipment (picks/axes/crossbows/quivers)
- 20 (6.1%)
Bugs #287 & #3147: Medical Dwarfs prefer using non-hospital stockpiles than hospital stocks
- 3 (0.9%)
Bug #874: Dwarves refuse to butcher some corpses (buzzards in particular)
- 2 (0.6%)
Bug #5232: Streams/brooks/rivers getting turned stagnant by nearby pools/ponds
- 19 (5.8%)
Bug #33: Bronze colossus, skeletal creatures, fleshballs, and others are impossible to kill
- 10 (3%)
Bug #2780: Turtles went extinct on my map (applies to all aquatic vermin)
- 12 (3.6%)
Bug #2922: Population Cap not working
- 16 (4.9%)
Bug #5097:  Names overwriting text with TrueType
- 18 (5.5%)
(fix annouced on III 28) Bug #5595: Undead dwarf contracted were-chameleon curse (result in cloning any partial corpses which get infected)
- 2 (0.6%)
Bug #4590: Unarmored creatures give in to pain too easily - Elephant killed by three hoary marmots when elephant gives in to pain from nibbling
- 4 (1.2%)
Bug #5106: Slain bandits/companions respawn/duplicate in their original location
- 4 (1.2%)
Bug #5611: Cities overwhelmingly build textile industry shops, almost never wood, stone, or metal-related shops - results in nearly no weapons/armor for sale.
- 7 (2.1%)
Bug #5263: Abandoned shops not reclaimed - Older towns are almost entirely abandoned in spite of Legends listing population in thousands
- 7 (2.1%)
Bug #5598: Town shops/cabinets contain human-sized clothes regardless of size of actual residents
- 3 (0.9%)
Bug #4430: Large gems not moved to stockpile
- 2 (0.6%)
Bug #3015: Invader/sieger mounts flee combat, preventing their riders from fighting (worse with [FLIER] tag)
- 3 (0.9%)
Bug #3981: Dwarf with "Installing Colony in Hive" Job stuck in middle of nowhere.
- 2 (0.6%)
Bug #5102: Sewers inhabitants hanging out underwater near outflows (some of them stuck to walls)
- 2 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 326

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: The worst bug - 34.06 poll  (Read 30335 times)

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
The worst bug - 34.06 poll
« on: March 23, 2012, 06:53:47 am »

Previous poll, next poll.

Anybody that wants to vote on bug that is open on bugtracker but it is not on this list may - post about it and I will add it to the poll.

Bugs queue (bugs with 0 votes, replaced by new ones):

Bug #3732: Butchering a corpse yields only 1 skin, regardless of size

Bug #524: Liquid glob material breath attacks come out solid
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:25:38 am by Kogut »
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: The worst bug - 34.06 poll
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 08:51:19 am »

I'm pretty sure bug #1236 isn't an issue anymore, since the root cause (bug #1324) was fixed.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 09:50:19 am »

I'm pretty sure bug #1236 isn't an issue anymore, since the root cause (bug #1324) was fixed.
reposted on bugtracker
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 10:32:25 am »

reposted on bugtracker
Closed on bugtracker, removed from poll.

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 10:52:19 am »

Is the pathing failure for sieges with leaders on flying mounts in there? (sorry, can't see bugtracker from work)
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 11:34:07 am »

And #2922 is not, in fact, a bug.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 11:47:23 am »

Blunt weapons are the pits for me.  They should be completely smashing the faces of the opposition; like in Adventure Mode.  Instead they're near worthless.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 12:04:42 pm »

What about the large gem and gem furniture and item artifacts that can't be stock-piled.

I'm not sure on the code, but I know it was in the last version.

Musaab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 12:28:33 pm »

Bug #5097 Vanishing text in TrueType is truly one of the most annoying things in the latest couple of versions, in my opinion.  I hope more people vote for that bug, so they at least attempt a fix with the next release.

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 12:37:35 pm »

The Blood/death dust glitch is one of the biggest problems for me.  Even with cheat programs and a dwarf shower, it is nearly impossible to get rid of all instances of the particles off of every single dwarf and every space.  Just one instance of death dust can spread through your entire fort killing everyone.
I play games of games inside games in my head.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 12:39:12 pm »

I'd have to say the lack of armor shops in adventure mode.
I kinda wish it might throw realism to the wind and slowly ramp up with the experience of the player. So you can't just get crazy good armor right away.

Actually, wait.. the good armor would be expensive.. so I guess it balances out.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 12:53:26 pm »

It is a new bug, but is very annoying: streams and brooks getting contaminated with stagnant water from nearby pools.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 01:01:40 pm »

Bug #5097 Vanishing text in TrueType is truly one of the most annoying things in the latest couple of versions, in my opinion.  I hope more people vote for that bug, so they at least attempt a fix with the next release.
It is a new bug, but is very annoying: streams and brooks getting contaminated with stagnant water from nearby pools.

Ohgod, these two, too.
Does the bugtracker have a method to "vote" for specific issues like most JIRAs have. Or is it just in this thread?

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 01:07:07 pm »

I'll go with the stagnant rivers bug too.  Very annoying.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

TychoTheDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 01:11:25 pm »

How many of them are new?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5