Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is the worst bug in DF?

Bug #535: Equipping weapons/armor on military is erratic
- 30 (9.1%)
Bug #1582: Injured dwarf in bed in stocked hospital ignored by idle doctors and #94: Injured dwarves not recovered
- 24 (7.3%)
Bug #2712: weapons, especially whips, cut through steel armor like butter
- 20 (6.1%)
Bug #296: Pools/smears/spatters of blood, dust and other materials multiply themselves, get tracked around too much
- 18 (5.5%)
bug #4230 - bucket with water inside becomes unusable
- 5 (1.5%)
impossible mandates like blue jay tooth etc - bug #1623 due to strange preferences (wagon wood - bug #3676 etc)
- 1 (0.3%)
(fix annouced on III 27) Bug #3708: Ghost names that can't be engraved on a slab and nameless slab engravings
- 30 (9.1%)
Bug #425: Dwarves Not Cleaning Blood
- 3 (0.9%)
Bug #3898: Entire Bone Stacks are used in Reactions instead of a single Bone
- 9 (2.7%)
Bug #2327: Blunt weapons extremely ineffective, extended single combat with groundhog
- 6 (1.8%)
Bug #4550: Dodging into river/lava/from cliff etc
- 5 (1.5%)
Bug #1346: Adamantine thread used for suturing.
- 2 (0.6%)
Bug #4552: Siegers waiting by bodies of dead leaders
- 6 (1.8%)
Bug #136 When embarking on large area, DF hits 2GB memory limit and crashes
- 6 (1.8%)
Bug #1376: Presence of saltwater marsh causes mountain brooks/pools to become salty
- 4 (1.2%)
Bug #3685: Goblin squads invading a fortress will kill their non-goblin squadmates, sparking loyalty cascade
- 3 (0.9%)
Bug #3169: Bone carvers suffer art defacement when somebody leaves the map with stuck-in masterpiece bolts
- 2 (0.6%)
Bug #5312: Undead reanimate too quickly (and forever)
- 14 (4.3%)
(fix annouced on III 28) Bug #1609: Immigrant dwarves' skills often don't match their job settings
- 5 (1.5%)
Bug #4856: Immortal Dwarf (... Yet unconcious) [or any other creature]
- 0 (0%)
Bug #1451: Military equipment interferes with civilian equipment (picks/axes/crossbows/quivers)
- 20 (6.1%)
Bugs #287 & #3147: Medical Dwarfs prefer using non-hospital stockpiles than hospital stocks
- 3 (0.9%)
Bug #874: Dwarves refuse to butcher some corpses (buzzards in particular)
- 2 (0.6%)
Bug #5232: Streams/brooks/rivers getting turned stagnant by nearby pools/ponds
- 19 (5.8%)
Bug #33: Bronze colossus, skeletal creatures, fleshballs, and others are impossible to kill
- 10 (3%)
Bug #2780: Turtles went extinct on my map (applies to all aquatic vermin)
- 12 (3.6%)
Bug #2922: Population Cap not working
- 16 (4.9%)
Bug #5097:  Names overwriting text with TrueType
- 18 (5.5%)
(fix annouced on III 28) Bug #5595: Undead dwarf contracted were-chameleon curse (result in cloning any partial corpses which get infected)
- 2 (0.6%)
Bug #4590: Unarmored creatures give in to pain too easily - Elephant killed by three hoary marmots when elephant gives in to pain from nibbling
- 4 (1.2%)
Bug #5106: Slain bandits/companions respawn/duplicate in their original location
- 4 (1.2%)
Bug #5611: Cities overwhelmingly build textile industry shops, almost never wood, stone, or metal-related shops - results in nearly no weapons/armor for sale.
- 7 (2.1%)
Bug #5263: Abandoned shops not reclaimed - Older towns are almost entirely abandoned in spite of Legends listing population in thousands
- 7 (2.1%)
Bug #5598: Town shops/cabinets contain human-sized clothes regardless of size of actual residents
- 3 (0.9%)
Bug #4430: Large gems not moved to stockpile
- 2 (0.6%)
Bug #3015: Invader/sieger mounts flee combat, preventing their riders from fighting (worse with [FLIER] tag)
- 3 (0.9%)
Bug #3981: Dwarf with "Installing Colony in Hive" Job stuck in middle of nowhere.
- 2 (0.6%)
Bug #5102: Sewers inhabitants hanging out underwater near outflows (some of them stuck to walls)
- 2 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 326

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: The worst bug - 34.06 poll  (Read 30261 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The worst bug - 34.06 poll
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2012, 06:03:45 pm »

The next most voted is Bug #535: Equipping weapons/armor on military is erratic. Toady needs saves for its children bugs! I provided some, but couldn't test all the cases. Some I suspect are already fixed. 

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2012, 06:24:56 pm »

The front page has an announcement that children no longer have clothing thoughts, so there's at least a stop gap in place.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2012, 01:18:28 am »

Marked as fixed in next version now:
Bug #3708: Ghost names that can't be engraved on a slab and nameless slab engravings
Along with related items:
Bug #5130: Magma-destroyed corpses are always "missing," can't carve slab to prevent ghosts
Bug #3611: Memorial slab with no name.

So, that knocks out the current leader in the poll.

Marked as fixed in the poll.

The next most voted is Bug #535: Equipping weapons/armor on military is erratic. Toady needs saves for its children bugs! I provided some, but couldn't test all the cases. Some I suspect are already fixed. 

Yes, it will help with fixing.

Examples of reports without current saves:

0000417: Axedwarf with missing hand wields shield and axe in same hand.
0001445: Weapon Racks do nothing.
0003116: Soldier equipped vial of extract (golden salve) as waterskin, then added alcohol to it
0001986: Military Units strip from their uniforms when given orders to kill.
0003416: Soldiers repeatedly head to order, then return to stockpile
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2012, 07:37:01 am »

Bug #5595: Undead dwarf contracted were-chameleon curse (result in cloning any partial corpses which get infected) is fixed!
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2012, 05:58:03 pm »

Not that it's on this list, but Toady apparently rammed through a lot of vampire-related bugs today.

See: #5603, which was about vampires bragging about very suspicious numbers of human kills, and the much more obvious #5055, which is the famous "1000 human hair trophies" bug.

Prepare to get more paranoid about who's the vampire.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

werechicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2012, 06:04:44 pm »

I think toady was hoping people would have their guards patrolling the living areas.

I wonder if there could be a way to add voting to the bug reporter.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2012, 06:58:43 pm »

The bug tracker is meant purely for practicality. Voting is what we have forums for. The lack of voting on the bug tracker is not a social bug, nor it is a feature -- it is how it should be. There is enough debate about what is and is not a bug without adding another layer of politics to the metal-meets-the-meat system.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2012, 09:19:43 pm »

The bug tracker is meant purely for practicality. Voting is what we have forums for. The lack of voting on the bug tracker is not a social bug, nor it is a feature -- it is how it should be. There is enough debate about what is and is not a bug without adding another layer of politics to the metal-meets-the-meat system.
Well, bug-voting works perfectly for much more complex projects, like linux kernel, wine, mozilla firefox or google chrome.
Its quite handy indicator of perceived bug importance by user-base, which does not oblige developer to actually follow most-voted order, but gives some more tools for triaging.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2012, 09:52:46 pm »

There's a bit of a problem with the fact that this thread isn't exactly famous.  It doesn't necessarily represent the full spectrum of the playerbase.

That said, neither does Mantis, itself (although more people use it than see this thread).  A decent part of the reason why I have so many Adventure Mode bug reports is that I'm one of very few people actually playing Adventure Mode and reporting bugs, Khym Chauner (sorry for probably misspelling that last name) being another name I notice a lot. 

When I am viewing the Adventurer Mode Forum, I sometimes find bugs people are talking about, but not reporting, and even when I get them to report things, they won't bother to do things like upload saves demonstrating the problem.  Specifically, this thread, and this bug report as an example.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2012, 01:56:30 am »

There's a bit of a problem with the fact that this thread isn't exactly famous.  It doesn't necessarily represent the full spectrum of the playerbase.
Well, it is better than nothing (unslabable ghost and nudists were really important bugs).

Fixed bug #1609: Immigrant dwarves' skills often don't match their job settings

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2012, 08:15:31 am »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]