Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Monarch disses my comfortably sized fort. I mod.  (Read 5245 times)

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
Re: Monarch disses my comfortably sized fort. I mod.
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 10:06:02 pm »

This makes me think of something... It isn't necessarily mining the metal candy that triggers the monarch. It could be the added (hidden? "mined out"? or just insane "architecture", due to candy floors) value it gives your fortress due to its worth.

Seems like a job for !!science!!

Suppose there is a way to mod material value. I'm pretty sure there is.

Let's make candy appear *everywhere*. Let's dig like crazy until the monarch comes. Let's approximate the expanse of our excavations and the whereabouts of the floor value.

Then, in another embark/worldgen, with candy still common enough to make conglomerate and gypsum rarities, let's double its value modifier to 600. The let's dig out about half as much as last time, and see if the monarch comes.
Yes you can change material value, simply edit [MATERIAL_VALUE:] in the stone's raws. And that doesn't change its rarity. Simply change the 3rd argument in the material's [ENVIRONMENT:class:type:freq] token. The raws should be in one of the inorganic_x.txt's depending on which material you're editing
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 03:26:52 am »

you can even modify your save raws and make that say microcline value is 1000. Then you will trigger anything which has a value treshhold pretty fast. After that - just mod it back. Use the stone which is most used in your fortress.

peccan

• Bay Watcher
  • Ennen kuin pimeä tulee...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 03:58:12 am »

^ for !!science!!, I think I'll do it after I know how much value in candy it takes... Then mod all rock and ore to value 600 or 900 or whatever (I have no need to expand my fortress for the time being) and dig out the same value, making some large caves...

Added benefit of making room for my golden underground palace :3

Hmm and perhaps blue housing for lower nobility and legendary workdwarves above that, and nice accommodation for the common folks above it, if there's enough room, and on top of that, cruddite slums for the adequate farmers, unemployed fishers, and dedicated haulers o.o

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 08:51:25 pm »

As for population limit, ever considered simply ditching some 100 dwarves in a 1-tile puddle of water with vampire blood?

Possibly you could also cage dwarves, not to sure about that one though.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2012, 09:04:36 pm »

As for population limit, ever considered simply ditching some 100 dwarves in a 1-tile puddle of water with vampire blood?

Nope.avi
Unless your fortress isn't Dwarven, then you could, because they'd be Invaders. But not for a default Dwarven civ, your dwarves will just 'avoid' (not trigger) the cage trap
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2012, 09:34:45 pm »

Nope.avi
Unless your fortress isn't Dwarven, then you could, because they'd be Invaders. But not for a default Dwarven civ, your dwarves will just 'avoid' (not trigger) the cage trap

I think that dwarves will trigger them if stunned, unconscious, or the trap is webbed.  Not entirely sure, though.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2012, 09:41:52 pm »

Nope.avi

I think that dwarves will trigger them if stunned, unconscious, or the trap is webbed.  Not entirely sure, though.

All of the above.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2012, 12:03:26 am »

This is the modding forum remember. Where we can do a lot of weird stuff by adding tags mid-game, like PET to one caste and removing INTELLIGENT.

I know I tried this a few version back, there were some limitations to how entity-creature pets could be used. Leaving CAN_SPEAK or CAN_LEARN in did give some different results, as did PET_EXOTIC and TRAINABLE.

I do also know for certain that dwarves are caught in cage traps if they fall asleep/unconcious on them. Adding periodic knock-out syndrome and secretion tag to dwarves should make this easier.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2012, 12:41:53 am »

I don't think the peasant king is a result of wealth from adamantine.  With DFHack I changeveined some unrevealed worthless stone into adamantine and on discovery I received the 'Raw adamantine praise the miners' message.  Next migrant wave contained the king dressed as a peasant, which admittedly crashed the game because of the items carried.  The interesting thing is that stone converted was a small cluster, and in a previous fort I had changed an entire layer to adamantine, but the layer had already been discovered.

This was in a previous version (the one right before Toady fixed vamps bringing thousands of items) but it might be something to try, just remember: use an undiscovered vein/cluster.  It does not even need to be mined just discovered.
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
Pages: 1 [2]