Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Difficulty+ Plugin Races: Orcs, Beastmen, Ratmen & Gnolls  (Read 33117 times)

byrnsey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Difficulty+ Plugin Races: Orcs, Beastmen, Ratmen & Gnolls
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2012, 10:09:41 pm »

Quick drop-in editing the size of orcs down to that of Dwarves means a dwarven adventurer is feasible, now that he can actually find armor for his exremities.

Just hit an orcish keep and confirmed that orc armor is wearable for dwarves. Have not played through yet

Not suggesting the base plugin should change, but if anyone is interested in doing it themselves, I thought I'd mention how.  Go into entity_plugin_ivory and change the bodysize of an adult orc to that of an adult dwarf: 60000.

Since Orcs build cities, they'll have keeps and armories (DON'T take companions from an orc town, they'll follow but turn on you later) which dwarven adventurers can loot.

1v0ry_k1ng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2012, 08:51:58 am »

I would like to hear anybodies experiences playing with these enabled  :)

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2012, 09:49:54 am »

Haven't had ratmen show up in the third year. Which layer do they inhibit? If I only had 1 cavern (world gen options), would they spawn? If I had the default 3, which layer do they appear in?

Gnolls are softcore. Beastmen > gnolls, since they enrage and are bigger. Haven't encountered orcs other than some cowardly thieves who ran away first thing (strangely, while they enraged. And here I thought raging means they charge nearby enemies...).

1v0ry_k1ng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2012, 10:56:08 am »

Gnolls do have metal armor, ambushing and bowmen though..

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2012, 11:05:38 am »

Bigger and meaner does make them deadly, but gnolls blood gets everywhere and affects everything, maybe their tactic is to con the youngest green recurit into charging first so his blood poisons the foes before the vets get in?

either way Poison blood critters are annoying. I have one in my mod, and trying to contain that blood is hard.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2012, 11:12:55 am »

Gnolls do have metal armor, ambushing and bowmen though..

Oh yeah... those. I just compared the badassery of the squad of gnolls vs the squad of beastmen, and the gnolls had no bowmen at the time. And thinking back on it, their ambush was revealed on a burrowed out in the cold vampire, whom I didn't feel like much of a loss.

1v0ry_k1ng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2012, 02:38:20 pm »

engaging the first early beastmen squad in hand-to-hand is usually a pretty grim affair, its true  :)

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2012, 10:48:14 am »

Hand to hand? Heh. My marksdwarves in the open field attack was double that of my melee dwarves. While my melee dwarves lost the fight and I lost about 2 of them, and 3 injured heavily out of the 5 that charged, I'm proud to say the beastmen were all lying about unconscious riddled with bolts, till a single late melee dwarf showed up and coup de grace them with the now spent marksdwarves, who were bashing the beastmen heads in with crossbows.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2012, 07:58:33 am »

Ratmen showing up for anyone?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2012, 02:30:20 pm »

Not to be pushy or anything, but a link to my compilation of all these races (see reply #33) would probably be useful for some people, especially as it's a .zip.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

1v0ry_k1ng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2012, 01:26:58 pm »

link is in the first post already, GreatWyrmGold

HraTaika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2012, 02:15:21 pm »

So do they actuall fight agaist each other when they appear on the map on the same time?

Also, I've started to wonder how much do they influence the survivability of the other races in the world creation?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2012, 04:34:35 pm »

link is in the first post already, GreatWyrmGold
 :-[
Well, how'd I miss that? Sorry.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

1v0ry_k1ng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2012, 01:33:51 pm »

So do they actuall fight agaist each other when they appear on the map on the same time?

Also, I've started to wonder how much do they influence the survivability of the other races in the world creation?

because these civs have cruddy equipment and are evil (eg, at war with everything), they are often fairly small. the default civs always survive in my worlds.

TDSS02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2012, 04:12:00 pm »

Hey 1v0ry_k1ng are you still working on more races? I believe you said you are working on a reptile race next?

I haven't played the mod yet but it is in my modpack I made for my games.
Quote from: piecewise on March 14, 2010, 06:22:02 am
  Dwarf Fortress: Beat children with children.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6