Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Difficulty+ Plugin Races: Orcs, Beastmen, Ratmen & Gnolls  (Read 33242 times)

1v0ry_k1ng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Difficulty+ Plugin Races: Orcs, Beastmen, Ratmen & Gnolls
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2012, 01:33:41 pm »

I got a new job that has eaten much of my spare time, but reptile folk are defo en route  :)

HraTaika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2012, 02:15:35 pm »

I'm encountering a weird bug, whenever I start a new game, rather than starting as dwarves the starting lot are Orc O_o

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2012, 02:21:03 pm »

Not a bug, the orc entity has [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] you can go in and remove it or hit "tab" and scroll through the starting civs until the Neighbours screen has "dwarves" at teh very top

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2012, 09:49:02 pm »

By the way, I vaguely recall that there were a bunch of errors logged at one point when I played this mod. They might have been changed since then, but has anyone else seen odd errors?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

1v0ry_k1ng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2012, 02:12:52 am »

most of them have been removed, a few remain (several since removed words from the orc language bring up errors.) orcs were done first, when I was inexperienced, so I will probably go back and clean up the raws when I do the next release.

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2012, 04:18:32 am »

This is a very nice mod, good job.
Bonus points for quite good sprites for all races and "plugin" style raws that doesn't replace any original raws.
This is going to add some more Fun to my Adventure games.

EDIT: Do you plan on adding any more races in the near future?
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?

HraTaika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2012, 04:58:37 pm »

Not a bug, the orc entity has [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] you can go in and remove it or hit "tab" and scroll through the starting civs until the Neighbours screen has "dwarves" at teh very top

Thanks for info, didn't notice that.

So do they actuall fight agaist each other when they appear on the map on the same time?

Also, I've started to wonder how much do they influence the survivability of the other races in the world creation?

because these civs have cruddy equipment and are evil (eg, at war with everything), they are often fairly small. the default civs always survive in my worlds.

I've currently got a 50/50 chance of humans surviving the worldgen when the mod is installed.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2012, 10:03:12 pm »

BTW, I just started re-playing this mod some. Here's my errorlog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Here's the gist of what you need to do to fix these problems:
Remove various defunct or nonexistant tokens, replacing them with the correct ones (e.g. [TRAINING] instead of [CAN_WOOD] or [WOOD]).
Reduce attributes over 5,000 to 5,000.
Add certain tags (mainly BP mods) to various creatures, as indicated.
Add whatever category of body parts the gnolls lack that prevents them from scratching.
Remove the words from the ORC and BEASTMAN languages that were removed from language_words...when was it, 0.34.01?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

1v0ry_k1ng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2012, 04:42:37 am »

I have since fixed most of those problems, except the language files. Will reupload shortly, but
none of these effect ingame, so its not greatly urgent.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2012, 08:14:42 am »

Glad to hear you fixed them. Once you reupload, I'll probably recompile them.
(The skills and scratch stuff would likely affect gameplay, though.)
Sig

dagger

• Bay Watcher
  • Sniffin' glue
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2012, 02:53:37 pm »

Love me some orcs!!

HraTaika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2012, 01:19:26 am »

Been enjoying the mod, thank you!

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2012, 12:08:13 pm »

I know you're busy, but any word on the cleaned up raws, perhaps with GreatWyrnGold's fixes and the lizard men?

Thank you kindly! Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 12:27:36 pm by Taffer »

Mysh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2012, 03:54:10 pm »

Hi, new player of dwarf fortress here, i came across an issue, not really a bug.  It puzzled the hell out of me though!

I managed to gen a world with a 5x5 local area that had a very gentle hill with a volcano at the top and a river at the bottom, plenty of sand around the volcano, sedimentary layers near the surface further down, with flux AND iron making ores within 20 Z-levels (no Dfhack reveal, just dug 20 level U/D stairs at the wagon to check).  Naturally i saved the seed before i play it (PM me if anyone wants it).

Like i said i'm only a week into the game, (~5 fortresses all the way to 200 pop) but i've already found the goblin sieges unchallenging so i went looking for a mod to improve that before playing the golden embark i found above.

Here's the issue:  Installing Difficulty+ changed the land mass generation for the same seed?!  I uninstalled the mod to verify this, fixing the land generation but losing the added FUN.

Weird huh, adding civs changes the land mass generation?  What it specifically did was turn the temperature of the world upside down, so my desert was now north, and my polar region was in the south.  Stranger still, the polar region retained identical shape (albeit rotated 180) even though the land itself became as if using a different seed.

Anyhow, i'm posting in case any other users or the author come across this same issue, it appears race language files are used in the randomisation process for land generation.  Removing the mod languages fixes the world generation to match the seed as generated with a stock game.  I did a search for "languages world gen seed" and didn't find any hits so hopefully this is useful for someone.

Big thanks for making the mod by the way!  I'm about to go try it out now.  :)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2012, 06:14:33 pm »

If I had to guess, the new languages screw ariund with the name-choosing stuff.

Also, what's the seed?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6