Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.47.xx]v26 CLA Graphic Set  (Read 392060 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: [0.42.02]v21 CLA Graphic Set - updated for 42.02
« Reply #195 on: April 17, 2016, 01:54:13 pm »

Oh. It seems I only downloaded the tileset, rather than the creature graphics (I used the standalone link). I can't seem to find the creature graphics list.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 17, 2016, 03:16:48 pm »

Oh. It seems I only downloaded the tileset, rather than the creature graphics (I used the standalone link). I can't seem to find the creature graphics list.
The creature graphics are in the standalone link too (unless you mean you literally downloaded the image by right click>"save image as...").
Is GRAPHICS set to YES in data/init/init.txt?
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 17, 2016, 11:27:22 pm »

Yeah, Graphics is set to YES.

I'm seeing the tileset as it appears, but the creature graphics don't work.

Everything else is fine.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2016, 05:16:52 am »

Are you playing with a save you had before installing the graphic set? Did you remember to copy the contents of raw/graphics to data/save/<your save>/raw/graphics?

Can you confirm that the creature graphics and definition text files are in the raw/graphics and data/save/<your save>/raw/graphics folders?
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 18, 2016, 06:13:42 am »

CLA - I've removed the df_max_version in manifest.json from the other DFgraphics packs on Github, but for obvious reasons I'm leaving CLA to you.  Mind checking 42.06 support soon and making an interim release?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 18, 2016, 09:02:50 am »

Maybe we should write down some merge/change/release/etc authority/responsibility etiquette for the repository.
Something like
>everyone can keep graphic sets and tileset updated for new releases
this basically includes only adapting raws for new versions, using the newest init file, etc
>only authors do actual visual changes
>releases are done by authors, releases that only update to new versions are done by authors and maintainers

>authors and admins can merge pull requests

So basically if an author has no time or vanished or whatever, the community can keep the graphic set updated.

Anyway, this afternoon I should find time. Men-variants will have to wait.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 18, 2016, 10:30:47 am »

That's one of the things I need to put in the documents, yeah. Basic plan is to leave it to authors, and only have admins jump in if updates are needed and author is missing. Everyone can make pulls though.
 Donations here.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 18, 2016, 11:10:53 am »

Alright, everything is updated and released on github.

I'll update this thread and the mirrors later tonight, something came up and I have to go.
Edit: Thread updated, added prepacked release to github

Updated to 42.06

-added new creatures
-updated to 42.06 (no auxiliary file changes)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 01:41:10 pm by CLA »

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.42.06]v22 CLA Graphic Set - new creatures added
« Reply #203 on: April 18, 2016, 01:48:30 pm »

With github, I now have 3 places I have to upload the releases to (plus the starter packs that distribute it). I'm thinking of dropping mediafire as mirror for now, but I figured I'd ask first if someone is depending on it.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 18, 2016, 04:27:53 pm »

Edit: Nevermind I'm a derpbot.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 18, 2016, 07:05:37 pm »

With github, I now have 3 places I have to upload the releases to (plus the starter packs that distribute it). I'm thinking of dropping mediafire as mirror for now, but I figured I'd ask first if someone is depending on it.

You don't have to upload the standalone pack to Github - it'll create a zip and tarball automatically, from the latest commit on master when you make the release.

And I'd go ahead and drop the mediafire mirror.
 Donations here.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 18, 2016, 11:57:29 pm »

Hmmm, why are the graphics.png so tall (some are like 4x2 rows of tiles and then like 900 blank pixels) in some cases? Is that for compatibility with the QS tools? Some of them are also blank which I guess are placeholders?

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 19, 2016, 05:25:34 am »

Hmmm, why are the graphics.png so tall (some are like 4x2 rows of tiles and then like 900 blank pixels) in some cases? Is that for compatibility with the QS tools? Some of them are also blank which I guess are placeholders?

Yes. In a "normal" creature graphic sheet you'd have all the different profession graphics there. Check out the text files if you're interested in details.
I guess you could write the standardizer so it asks you whether to include the professions or not, but even I have a few professions of the major races, and It's not really a problem for me to have all the empty space.

You don't have to upload the standalone pack to Github - it'll create a zip and tarball automatically, from the latest commit on master when you make the release.

I noticed, but it's just 500kb and I can name it what I want - "source code" might confuse some people. When I get lazier and lazier at some point I probably will just leave it at that again.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 19, 2016, 07:23:32 pm »

Everything's fine. I downloaded the graphic set with the DF game installed alongside it and it worked just fine.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 19, 2016, 08:19:00 pm »

Thanks for the update.  :)

Just on the poll: three sources is probably too much but it is good to have 2 in case shit happens.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19