Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.47.xx]v26 CLA Graphic Set  (Read 392081 times)

VenomIreland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How does one get the solid colour ground tiles like in the first screenshot?

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By default, the tileset is set to Myne. if you want to use the CLA tileset, open data/init/init.txt and replace the 4 instances of "Myne.png" with "CLA.png"
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

VenomIreland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By default, the tileset is set to Myne. if you want to use the CLA tileset, open data/init/init.txt and replace the 4 instances of "Myne.png" with "CLA.png"

Ah, I thought it was set to CLA, my mistake, thank you.

Elim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just want to thank you for this tileset. I looks so...clean and pretty, i love it!

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*v13 released - updated to 34.11*

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5947

No other changes.

I just want to thank you for this tileset. I looks so...clean and pretty, i love it!

Thanks! Let's hope I find some time in summer to complete the creature graphics!
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks! Let's hope I find some time in summer to complete the creature graphics!
I really dont see how you could make this tileset better then it already is, because i am just in love with it. Its my new favorite tileset and deserves alot more attention in my opinion, as it blows ironhand, phobeos, and mayday out of the water (my opinion)

Thanks for making my DF experience that much better.

edit; One thing i would suggest though would be to make Myne and CLA seperate downloads, as im sure screwing around in the init folder is a bit confusing for some people. Or just make CLA the default, because its the better texture in my opinion.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 09:19:47 pm by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: WaffleEggnog
I really dont see how you could make this tileset better then it already is, because i am just in love with it. Its my new favorite tileset and deserves alot more attention in my opinion, as it blows ironhand, phobeos, and mayday out of the water (my opinion)

Thanks for making my DF experience that much better.
Thank you!
Quote from: WaffleEggnog
One thing i would suggest though would be to make Myne and CLA seperate downloads, as im sure screwing around in the init folder is a bit confusing for some people. Or just make CLA the default, because its the better texture in my opinion.

I'll see what I'll do about this. Certainly something to consider.
Anyway, I found some time and started experimenting a bit with the creatures that are still missing.

Started with a Jabberer, Voracious Cave Crawler, Gorlak, Cave Blob, and Floating Guts.
Played with Hydra a bit. Not sure yet if that's the final design. And yeah, Hydras have 7 heads.

Also fiddled around with -men versions of different animals (bobcat-, barn owl-, jackal-, python-, Ostrich-men, respectively).
I think I'll use these. Though Giant versions will probably get the same sprite as the normal animals in most cases.
Opinions on that? I'd like to keep the whole letter-thing for all creatures, but men-versions are probably easier to discern if they look like that. The alternative would be to give normal animals, their giant- and their men- versions the same sprite. At which point it's probably fair to use the little humanoid-with-animalhead graphics.

Not sure how much time I'll find in the summer, but I'll release what I have when I notice that I won't be able to finish all of it at once.

edit: Noticed that I forgot to update the mediafire link to the prepacked version at some point; fixed that.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 06:00:57 am by CLA »

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11]v13 CLA Graphic Set - ASCII-like creatures - update teaser
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2012, 04:41:39 pm »

Some more progress on animalmen:

still ~35 giants, ~40 men, and ~50 cave creatures left.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2012, 07:18:55 am »

Me gusta.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2012, 10:27:47 am »

This is a minimalist tileset.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encrusted with excellent simplistic graphics, decorated with lovingly rendered color schemes and encircled with bands of truism homage to the original ascii symbol set.  This object is adorned with hanging rings of awesome and menaces with spikes of cat bone.

Wellincolin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2012, 02:14:53 pm »

This is, literally, the best graphics set I have ever seen.

It is EPIC. It is GODLIKE.
I feel like a GOD when I play with it.

Remember that guy who was suggesting that DF had a default graphic tileset?
THIS SHOULD BE THE FUCKING DEFAULT TILESET.
Kind sir, you can have all of my candy.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 02:17:38 pm by Wellincolin »
"The WereAss collides with The Ostrich Cock!
The Ostrich Cock is knocked over and tumbles backward!

The Ostrich Cock is no longer stunned.
The Ostrich Cock stands up."

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*v14 released*

AW YEAH!
All creatures have a graphic now!

download the standalone version
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5945

You have to manually delete CLA_animalmen.txt and CLA_poultry.txt from raw/graphics/ !

or the prepacked one with DF 34.11
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5947

to use your old saves, copy the folder "save" from data/ in the old DF folder to data/ in the new one

THE DEFAULT TILESET IS NOW CLA. IF YOU WANT MYNE, CHANGE ALL 4 INSTANCES OF "CLA.png" IN data/init/init.txt TO "Myne.png"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Impressive. I think I asked you once when you just started this project, about me adding it as an optional feature into my mod. I do have ascii and vherids tileset, but only one set of sprites. I have currently no idea how to add it optionally into the mod, but if I find a way, would it be possible for me to use it ? with proper credit of course. The major concern would be that these are for all vanilla creatures, but I do have 850 creatures in the mod, so these would have to do with normal characters, instead of character-sprites.

I think I will first of all do a little poll about people wanting it or not, most likely in 2 months or so, since I do have a ton of other stuff for the mod currently.

EDIT: Disregard all this, I just got your answer to this on page3... I knew I already asked. ^^

Thanks Guys!
@Meph:
Feel free to use it at any point. Also I'll see if I can find some time later today to start a fort and see what I can improve about the rails and minecarts at least.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 12:54:13 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Meph

Yeah. Feel free to. From my experience playing with unfinished versions, in which some creatures already had graphics and some were still pure letters, it doesn't hurt consistency at all, because the creatures are already similar to letters. So I don't think it would be a problem visually if your modded creatures are only letters.

Cook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man I was looking a new graphic set something new and cool to start my new fortress.
I really love it so far good work and keep it up I will totally stay tuned updates :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19