Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: [0.47.xx]v26 CLA Graphic Set  (Read 392069 times)

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
Re: [0.43.05]v23 CLA Graphic Set
« Reply #255 on: June 28, 2017, 01:13:39 am »

Thank you for the information.
I was asking in case you already had it, mostly to play around with it. I might try but as someone with really few time (rl is crowded), not much of artistic talent and a 15 year old absence of vector graphics. Well we will see. If something comes out of this idée I will share it here, sure and thank you for the permission.
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.43.05]v23 CLA Graphic Set
« Reply #256 on: November 24, 2017, 06:22:59 am »

*Updated for 44.01*
Only the standalone package for now, as I expect a few releases will come in the coming weeks:

https://github.com/DFgraphics/CLA/releases/tag/44.01-v24

Should work for future 44.xx versions, we'll see.
I added the missing Opossum man graphic (see github for more info), and updated d_init.txt, init.txt, and item_tool.txt.

I also reverted Floors and Walls back to the default ASCII-characters, because the placeholder engravings were becoming just too ugly - I really couldn't stand them anymore. Originally, I had hoped to have them replaced by now with something better, but I didn't really have time/motivation to sit down and work on it for more than 10 minutes, so for now the default is at least better than what I had.
Same for the mechanism graphic. It stuck out way too much.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.44.04]v25 CLA Graphic Set
« Reply #257 on: January 12, 2018, 08:57:50 am »

I took the release of 44.04 as an opportunity to make another github release. There are only changes in the tilesets themselves, no other changes were necessary:

minor tileset changes:
   fix ú(#163) and in myne ú, Å(#143)
   fix regression (tile 199)
   new tile for barrel (still looks like shit with fg&bg color, i.e. scrolls/bookbinders)
        made down ramp in Myne same as in CLA (i.e. smaller so it looks more like it belongs to the layer below)

The ú letter was inconsistent with the other u's in the tileset. Apparently this was already the case in Haowan (which CLA is based on). I don't know if this was intentional or not, but for CLA, I did fix it now.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 03, 2018, 02:24:44 pm »

This looks beautiful. I'm going to try it. Any common installation mistakes that I need to make sure I don't do?

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 04, 2018, 04:22:21 am »

Thank you!
Hmm, I can only think of accidentially using modified raws from another tileset (e.g. Phoebus). You would notice because all stones will be ì, à, ä, etc instead of their vanilla tile.
You should be fine if you follow the readme.

EDIT: Just a heads up, CLA still works with the current DF version 44.07 (and probably a few more in the future).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 07:27:30 am by CLA »

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.44.07]v25 CLA Graphic Set
« Reply #260 on: May 29, 2018, 09:44:58 pm »

Hey there, really neat graphic set, and my favorite so far.

I'm using LNP and noticed that dwarves have transparent backgrounds... is this intended or because of TWBT or something? It would be my only gripe about the pack, but it looks weird when they are standing over objects, and it makes hunters almost invisible outside.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 30, 2018, 12:29:23 am »

Delete your /Dwarf Fortress 0.44.10/onLoad_gfx_Phoebus.init file and see if that fixes it.

If that doesn't work, try entering this into the Terminal window after your save file loads:
Code: [Select]
twbt unit_transparency 0

firons2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 22, 2018, 06:15:41 am »

Hello, I am using the newest version of the starter pack. I was wondering why all of the punctuation appears as colored spaces, is there a solution to this?

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 22, 2018, 09:24:59 am »

Hello, I am using the newest version of the starter pack. I was wondering why all of the punctuation appears as colored spaces, is there a solution to this?
It's on purpose. The ground is made up of punctuation tiles, and I prefer the ground to be opaque tiles. As a side effect, the punctuation in text is also these same tiles. While this is a limitation of DF, there are various ways to circumvent this:
  • use a tileset that doesn't have opaque ground tiles (I have a separate tileset for that, but there are several other great tilesets that have normal punctuation.)
  • use True Type for text (press F12 or change it in your init files). This comes with its own problems (search the bugtracker for TrueType if you want to know the details)
  • use DFhack with Mifki's TWBT plugin so you can use a separate tileset just for text. The starter pack probably has some checkbox to enable it. But I never used the starter pack, so it's probably better to search its thread  for a solution. Last time I checked - which was quite a while ago - TWBT was prone to crashes, especially in adventure mode.

Blucher

• Bay Watcher
  • Had a fine beer lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 03, 2019, 05:22:59 am »

It's on purpose. The ground is made up of punctuation tiles, and I prefer the ground to be opaque tiles.

I happy about this.  The punctuation tiles on the ground make my eyes bleed...

By the way, I love this tileset.  I've been using it forever.  Thanks for making it!

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 16, 2019, 11:17:55 am »

It's on purpose. The ground is made up of punctuation tiles, and I prefer the ground to be opaque tiles.

I happy about this.  The punctuation tiles on the ground make my eyes bleed...

By the way, I love this tileset.  I've been using it forever.  Thanks for making it!
I'm glad you like it!

I made some more experiments with down ramps and inversion. As it turns out, the ones I have now work best, but I thought I'd share my results for reference. Maybe this helps someone else:

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 15, 2019, 04:35:07 pm »

https://github.com/DFgraphics/CLA/releases/tag/44.xx-v26

New release with some very minor changes to the tileset:
  • added lower elevation background to #249 (boulder at lower elevation)
  • moved V one px right
  • changed Q
I also replaced profont with a custom font that tries to replicate the tileset glyphs 1:1.

Apart from some aliasing that I can't seem to turn off, it's pretty close. Now you can choose your personal lesser evil: random black blotches obstructing text or grey squares instead of punctuation.
I realize that I take away an advantage of TTF fonts (more space for more text) by making it the same size as the tileset. It was an experiment to see if it was possible (it is, but it's quite annoying to get right), and I ended up liking it a lot. You can still revert to the previous font, not use TTF at all or use dfhack/TWBT, the two latter of which I assume is what most people are doing anyway.

I figure creating a TTF font that's identical to the tileset might be useful for ASCII-like tileset authors that want to keep the ASCII-look, but want to use something else for the punctuation-tiles.
If there's interest, I can make a thread detailing my process and sharing what I learned.

WolfRaider

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [0.44.xx]v26 CLA Graphic Set
« Reply #267 on: July 17, 2019, 01:31:30 pm »

-deleted, wrong thread-

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 03, 2019, 05:10:24 am »

Just wanted to drop the graphics I made for my custom race in the style of my fave tileset  :)

DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 14, 2020, 05:32:53 am »

Just a heads up:
If you're using Linux or Mac and experience crashes with the new TTF font enabled, rename data/art/font.ttf to something else and it should work.
Apparently there's an issue with the font I made and only affects Mac and Linux users. I published a new release to github with a workaround (i.e. just disabling that font) until I find time to fix it properly.
Not sure when that will be as I'm not too knowledgable with creating fonts from scratch and then troubleshooting.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19