Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Naked Vampire Throws Tantrum!  (Read 7593 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Naked Vampire Throws Tantrum!
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 05:48:56 pm »

Give him a farm, some seeds, a clothing workshop, and make him make his own damn clothes.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 05:52:16 pm »

Give him a farm, some seeds, a clothing workshop, and make him make his own damn clothes.

Make a man a fire, you keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Kc_spot

• Bay Watcher
  • RAW RAW OUT THINK THA POWAH!!!
    • View Profile
    • DFnoob
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 06:12:57 pm »

Mother of Armok I want to sig that SO BAD.
Yours is the fort that will pierce the hells!

Oh look, A DF blog.

This is a goblin skull loo. all craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with troll teeth.

Echo51

• Bay Watcher
  • The amazing random pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 06:34:49 pm »

Naked vampire? Is it's fangs showing?
Fire is awesome in this game. I should start another one.
No one with appropriate skills, so a bunch of jewelers are being promoted to Doctors. Hey, don't look at me like that. They know plenty about chiseling things off.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 12:51:59 pm »

Can a vampire record keeper do his job from inside 7/7 water?
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 12:56:35 pm »

I like to keep vampires submerged alive in small glass cylinders full of water around my fort.  Unfortunately, I couldn't do that last time, because he was the damn MAYOR, and needed to be replaced forcibly... (come on guys, you voted for somebody who says he is older than the world is? Brilliant...)

LOL ------ Little Irenicus complex?
I voted for BANANA!

CaveLobsterShell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 09:44:30 pm »

Hah! Yeah, this happened to me, too. I had trapped over half a dozen vampires in one area. I was in the process of building a magma pump stack up to their lair when I downloaded .06. They all got very, very unhappy. At one point there was a melancholy vampire dwarf, a babbling vampire dwarf, 4 miserable dwarves, and a berserk dwarf. Then another went berserk, and now there's only one totally insane naked vampire dwarf remaining, surrounded by the corpses of his brethren. I'm tempted to send my military in, but I think dying by magma is more appropriate...
The funniest part being a dwarf actually butchered the stupid thing.  Necrotic poison is the tastiest of spices.

AranC23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 11:14:52 am »

Hah! Yeah, this happened to me, too. I had trapped over half a dozen vampires in one area. I was in the process of building a magma pump stack up to their lair when I downloaded .06. They all got very, very unhappy. At one point there was a melancholy vampire dwarf, a babbling vampire dwarf, 4 miserable dwarves, and a berserk dwarf. Then another went berserk, and now there's only one totally insane naked vampire dwarf remaining, surrounded by the corpses of his brethren. I'm tempted to send my military in, but I think dying by magma is more appropriate...

I think the problem with melting your own dwarfs is you don't know in advance if you will be able to memorialize them properly.  Result: ghosts.

Pages: 1 [2]