Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hermit Mod?  (Read 2138 times)

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
Hermit Mod?
« on: July 12, 2012, 05:42:19 pm »

Is there a way to mod so you can start with a single dwarf only?
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Hermit Mod?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 05:46:50 pm »

No. Content, not mechanics.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 11:19:34 pm »

Doesn't runesmith or dfhack have a utility to mod starting dwarf amount? Not sure off the top of my head. It won't prevent the first two waves, but setting pop cap to 1 and having those waves kill themselves (or doing it with said utilities and laying them to rest, again with said utilities(unless you remove them from existence entirely, but I don't know if you can do that.) and slabbing them will probably be effective. As long as you aren't in an evil biome, of course. Or you could just roleplay it that your dorf is the last one not infected/cursed by something or another, which would work well. Just gotta make sure there's no ghosts, because having your only dorf murdered by a ghost isn't fun enough.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 01:12:23 am »

The starting seven and the first two migration waves are hardcoded into the game and can not be modified or changed in any way using any tool or magic thingimagoo in existance.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 02:23:57 am »

The starting seven and the first two migration waves are hardcoded into the game and can not be modified or changed in any way using any tool or magic thingimagoo in existance.

This isn't true. You can modify starting dwarf number, but i've only ever seen it modified *up*. Here is a link to an older version which is no longer compatible, but at least shows the idea is plausible using the latest version: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78311.0

*edit*

first two migration waves are hardcoded, however.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 04:12:01 am »

This isn't true. You can modify starting dwarf number, but i've only ever seen it modified *up*. Here is a link to an older version which is no longer compatible, but at least shows the idea is plausible using the latest version: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78311.0

*edit*

first two migration waves are hardcoded, however.

My apologies.

Correction, you can't decrease the starting number of dwarves under 7.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 06:04:20 am »

You *can* however, kill all the unwanted dwarves at embark.

Just quickly make some wooden spears and a spear trap, make it into a danger-room and burrow your unwanted dwarves in there, while the wanted one pulls the lever. They'll get impaled eventually.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 08:12:27 am »

You *can* however, kill all the unwanted dwarves at embark.

Just quickly make some wooden spears and a spear trap, make it into a danger-room and burrow your unwanted dwarves in there, while the wanted one pulls the lever. They'll get impaled eventually.

Or embark on a terrifying undead location.
If you're lucky, it'll probably be harder to KEEP your dwarves, rather then get rid of them!
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 12:27:14 pm »

Or do what i like to do. I send tem to kill everything on the map, then theyll go insane and kill oncoming migrants.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 01:01:47 pm »

or cut off beer supply
Im alive again after a 4 year break!