Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Dwarf Organizer v1.3  (Read 25730 times)

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Organizer v1.12
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 07:56:54 am »

Just tried running this and all i get is:

Code: [Select]
Dwarves.xml contains 7 creatures.
Exclusion: Name = Juveniles, Property = Age, Comparator = Less than, Value = 13
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at myutils.MyTableWidthAdjuster.autoSize(MyTableWidthAdjuster.java:79)
        at myutils.MyTableWidthAdjuster.autoSizeAll(MyTableWidthAdjuster.java:58
)
        at myutils.MyHandyTable.autoResizeTableColumns(MyHandyTable.java:98)
        at myutils.MyHandyTable.handyTable(MyHandyTable.java:61)
        at myutils.MyHandyTable.handyTable(MyHandyTable.java:44)
        at dwarforganizer.JobListPanel.<init>(JobListPanel.java:285)
        at dwarforganizer.MainWindow.<init>(MainWindow.java:182)
        at dwarforganizer.Main.main(Main.java:24)

Running on XP. Latest Java 6. Latest df and dfhack.

Have tried it from the c program files example you gave and where i'd normally have it. Each way gives the same results.

I tried removing the default 7 dwarf file it loads and it gives me:

Code: [Select]
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\DwarfOrganizer\samples\dwarves\s
ample-7-dwarves.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
Failed to read dwarves.XML
Failed to read at least one critical file.
Exclusion: Name = Juveniles, Property = Age, Comparator = Less than, Value = 13
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at myutils.MyTableWidthAdjuster.autoSize(MyTableWidthAdjuster.java:79)
        at myutils.MyTableWidthAdjuster.autoSizeAll(MyTableWidthAdjuster.java:58
)
        at myutils.MyHandyTable.autoResizeTableColumns(MyHandyTable.java:98)
        at myutils.MyHandyTable.handyTable(MyHandyTable.java:61)
        at myutils.MyHandyTable.handyTable(MyHandyTable.java:44)
        at dwarforganizer.JobListPanel.<init>(JobListPanel.java:285)
        at dwarforganizer.MainWindow.<init>(MainWindow.java:182)
        at dwarforganizer.Main.main(Main.java:24)

I did actually have a dwarves.xml both in the samples dir and the main dir along with the .jar.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

McFlow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 08:50:20 am »

Sounds interesting, but perhaps you could post some screenshots to explain how it works?
I embarked on an island, saw the ocean was frozen, and decided to dig a fort in there. I forgot that it wasn't a freezing biome...

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 09:09:49 am »

There is a tutorial/manual you can load into your browser in the archive itself, it's a very small download(627k)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 09:35:13 pm »

ptw

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 01:12:53 am »

When i try to start this, all I get is an idle javaw.exe task, no windows, no signs of activity. what am I doing wrong?

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 01:58:40 am »

When i try to start this, all I get is an idle javaw.exe task, no windows, no signs of activity. what am I doing wrong?

Sounds like the problem i'm having, if you run it from the console you may get the error i have shown above. It does actually create 2 hidden windows, but because it crashed before it could show them they sit hiding. I can forcefully activate them but can't do anything with them due to it having crashed earlier.

Antalia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 05:30:59 am »

Edit: The problem you're all having is caused by me. I installed Java 7 beta on my computer sometime before I released the last update. The beta got into something it really shouldn't have. The crash is my fault, not yours!

I have reverted my stuff to Java 6, but it's going to take me a little while to resolve the errors I introduced by unwittingly doing some Java 7 things to Dwarf Organizer. I will post an update later today.

Thanks for letting me know about the problem, and I apologize for the hanging/errors!

Would someone who's crashing download the new version, and let me know if you're still crashing?

Also, if you crash with the new version, what operating system are you using? (Obviously the log looks like some flavor of Windows, but I haven't been able to reproduce it on XP.)

Thanks everyone!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 06:01:30 am by Antalia »
Author of Saga of Nutscaves, a tale of unsafe working conditions, plague, and worse

Creator of Dwarf Organizer, a Java application to help assign labor in your fortress

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2012, 07:06:56 am »

Unsure if you wanted us to try 1.13? i did and got bundles of NPEs :)

I half guessed it was a Java 7 issue, but didn't update as i use several Java 6 tools and not sure if they are totally compatible yet. I have a few VMs i run through which i could try in those if you need.

Antalia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2012, 07:56:20 am »

Version 1.14 is up, and fixes the crash/hang problems created by my accidental use of the Java 7 Beta. (Everything is back to Java 6 now!) Sorry about that everyone, and have a nice weekend!
Author of Saga of Nutscaves, a tale of unsafe working conditions, plague, and worse

Creator of Dwarf Organizer, a Java application to help assign labor in your fortress

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Organizer v1.14
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2012, 10:26:44 am »

Runs fine! Now to have a lil play with it :)

walberg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 10:05:43 am »

Noticed at least one regression with 1.14 - In the dwarf list, selecting additional columns to display doesn't actually refresh the view and display those columns. Also, it might be nice if reloading the dwarf list didn't clear the additional columns selections, but that's just an annoyance, especially if I can't see the columns to begin with... This is with Java 1.6.0_20, which is a few minor revs back, but not too horribly ancient.

Antalia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 12:22:45 pm »

Noticed at least one regression with 1.14 - In the dwarf list, selecting additional columns to display doesn't actually refresh the view and display those columns.
Yeah, oops, fixing it. (I need to quit getting in a hurry...)

Also, it might be nice if reloading the dwarf list didn't clear the additional columns selections, but that's just an annoyance, especially if I can't see the columns to begin with...
Yeah...that drives me nuts. It'll save column preferences from one session to the next soon.

This is with Java 1.6.0_20,
Release 20 is fine (to my memory anyway). Functionally (for Dwarf Organizer), Release 20 is just missing a lot of security updates. There might be some memory management stuff too. (These may or may not be minor issues to you, depending on your setup, of course.)

I'll probably put up the fix for the Columns menu (should include saved column view & another new feature) tonight or tomorrow, granted that the storm doesn't knock out my electricity:)

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 04:13:52 pm »

I will have to check this out tonight. I have been working on a new management tool in C# with a very similar goal, but it seems like you and whoever is developing the "autolabor" command for dfhack had the same idea I did! Does your tool use the dfhack protobufs API? Did you add API method to actually change the labors?

Antalia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 07:40:38 pm »

Does your tool use the dfhack protobufs API?
Short answer: Nope!

Long answer: I'd actually never heard of protobufs until now. I'm mostly a VB/Fortran/graphics programmer, and my experience is with very different types of applications from these.

I originally wrote Dwarf Organizer for personal use a little over a year ago. At that time (and now), I didn't want to be reliant on others updating outside programs, in order for me to play with my toy :). DFHack constantly changes and has a lot of people working on it, and anyone can change the dwarfexport file format any way they like without telling me. That kind of thing makes me nervous--so I don't want to get too "integrated" with it.
Did you add API method to actually change the labors?
There is currently no API to change labors--it's done manually. I'd like to look into this eventually. But for now, I find it so quick to go down the report and check things off in Dwarf Therapist, that I don't consider it a high priority compared to some other things.

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 10:06:32 pm »

Ahh, I see. I implemented setting labors in the dfhack protobuf API this evening and sent a pull request, so that might go in assuming peterix doesn't see any problems with my patch. I might be posting about my tool in the next week or so. I have some more work to do before it's fit for public consumption.

Are you aware of the suitability-function work going on in the Dwarf Therapist thread? I forget the name of the poster, but he and splinterz have worked out weightings for all the stats and personality traits. I believe they are implemented in splinterz's fork of Therapist.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4