Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: Secure, Contain, Protect 2. Version 0.1.0 (0.40.24)  (Read 133836 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Secure, Contain, Protect. Version 1.0.0 (0.40.15)
« Reply #315 on: March 05, 2015, 03:22:46 pm »

How I can find SCPs? Becouse I have reclaimed ruins and i want to make my own SCP base who members will have wooden rifles and they will love my SCPs.

They sort of spawn like most animals or megabeasts, not specific place to find them.

please tell me there is D-class personel "pet" you can acquire/breed fast and use to trigger SCPs

Yeah, though the method is wonky and I may have removed it simply because of how friggin buggy it is.

Manivald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 12, 2015, 02:40:10 am »

This mod is amazing, but you have totally forgotten one of the best SCP's (in my opinion): SCP 049, The Plague Doctor. A man dressed in black, with a beak mask, touch of death, ability to turn people into zombies and the wish to cure all. I am pretty sure it can be achieved trough syndromes, that only spread by his touch.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 22, 2015, 03:30:26 am »

This is pretty awesome, don't have anything interesting to say due to sleep deprivation, but HAVE INTERNET COOKIES!
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
  • Champion of the unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 04, 2015, 01:36:07 pm »

Will someone ressurect this mod?
his title changed to "thruthful chills"
Also known as : "Believe me when I say this guy is a psychotic murderer".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 04, 2015, 01:36:52 pm »

Believe it or not, I started working on it last week.

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 04, 2015, 01:39:00 pm »

Believe it or not, I started working on it last week.
this response was quick :D

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 04, 2015, 01:52:37 pm »

And if you're wondering why it's taking so long: I'm trying to get a manual in before I actually start implementing stuff, since my main gripe with the old mod was the utter lack of documentation.

Naturally, said manual's going to have full graphics. Not sure why I keep doing myself like this.

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 10, 2015, 10:39:58 am »

And if you're wondering why it's taking so long: I'm trying to get a manual in before I actually start implementing stuff, since my main gripe with the old mod was the utter lack of documentation.

Naturally, said manual's going to have full graphics. Not sure why I keep doing myself like this.
I can't wait for the next update and also update to 40.24. And are the SCPs spawning in certain biomes and lairs becouse I want to try adventure edition of this mod.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Secure, Contain, Protect 2. Version 0.1.0 (0.40.24)
« Reply #323 on: November 10, 2015, 08:53:11 pm »

Hi here you go it's been a month but HEYO I updated it.

And are the SCPs spawning in certain biomes and lairs becouse I want to try adventure edition of this mod.

oh god i didn't even consider adventure mode in the slightest for the reboot

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 06, 2016, 03:23:49 am »

Submitted for your proofread (by which I mean tear it apart please): backstory.

%s years ago, the sudden containment collapse of SCP-4251 led to a complete CK-class reconstruction event. The totality of this change cannot be understated; while there are various concepts and objects homologous to known objects from the reality before, the new reality is not at all similar to the previous one. The best way to encompass the nature of the change is a total lack of reductionism; the new universe does indeed have a fundamental concept of "animal" or "cat-like behavior". Concepts such as these no longer rise from more fundamental objects, such as cells or brain structures; they are fundamental, in a way that has yet to be understood fully. This event is usually referred to as "the CK-class event %s years ago" in official circumstances or, using the more colloquial term for the new theory of everything, "detected holism catastrophe". Note the use of the phrase "theory of everything"; the universe now being holistic and incredibly simpler to compute than previously, such a thing is now possible.

Personnel who had been on mnestics at the time of the event were able to remember the laws of reality before, and they led experiments to determine what had changed. The first tests into determining the new state of reality were an attempt at simple chemistry by making potassium permanganate using pyrolusite and potash; nothing happened, which confused the mnestic-using researchers. Researchers who were not on such a regiment simply believed that "you can make potash and you can get pyrolusite, but they don't make anything together." Attempts to build an optical microscope were in vain; glass could not be made into lenses or mirrors. Mnesiac researchers made various hypotheses; one particular event quickly led to the domination of a single theory: SCP-117 could now do everything that a tool could. It appeared as a regular multitool, but in the new universe a "regular multitool" is simply something that is capable of doing everything a tool can do. It's a stepladder, minecart, wheelbarrow, mortar and pestle at the same time. This all seemed very natural to non-mnesiac personnel; of course tools do all those things! No other hypothesis had predicted this much; tests involving "reactions" (named due to their similarity to chemistry) and creature behaviour further confirmed this. Research has gone primarily into differences-from-previous-reality since then; SCPs that are still documented have their documentation from before the event even where detected holism has made such things obsolete.

Note: The mnestics wore off long ago. Nobody but I remember the physics of the time before. I volunteered to take a Class-Z mnestic just before the catastrophe in hopes that any changes in reality could be better understood; such efforts have worked well so far. Normally, Class-Z mnestics are a death sentence, causing great mental distress and brain damage. The new reality has no concept of brain damage and mental distress is a one-dimensional, non-continuous unit we've taken to calling "stress", which cannot be induced directly by drugs (alcohol causes eustress when drunk due to causing certain emotions to be felt; this is the only recorded case of such a thing[1] so far). Perfect eidetic memory doesn't matter much when the smallest possible unit of volume is 12 cubic meters, 1.5x as tall as wide, a world where a cat is a cat instead of a bunch of cells made up of atoms made of particles which are excitations of quantum fields. The other researchers remember the world being created %s years ago; this is not entirely inaccurate, and they do believe me when I explain otherwise. Besides, they're more well-equipped for research than I am; I want to describe behaviors while they are satisfied and can make perfect predictions with the simple observation that a cat exhibits vermin-snatching properties. My only purpose now is to record what's changed.

-Researcher Putnam

%s always refers to years since world beginning; if you read that entry in the year 34 in-game, it'll say "34 years ago" instead of "%s years ago". A few other documents in-game already use this.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:20:22 pm by Putnam »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #325 on: January 06, 2016, 06:27:27 am »

So the world has actually turned into DF physics.  That is perfectly in line with SCP themes.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 10, 2016, 03:46:00 am »

Requested nitpick: the mnestics would most likely become syndromes, meaning brain damage would indeed be a possible side effect. Of course, it could have no externally observable effect beyond paralysis and/or death by rotten central nervous system; a brain is no worse than a brain.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 10, 2016, 03:49:37 am »

Hmm. That's a good point, especially since AFAIK DF diagnosers can tell you have a brain without actually looking inside.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 10, 2016, 11:28:18 am »

*amnestics, also you probably want Class O amnestics.
Or just a memetic.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 10, 2016, 11:42:36 am »

Amnestics make one forget things. We're looking for something that makes one remember.

I think the word for an imaginary memory-inducing compound would be 'mnemonic'. Yes, the word already has a meaning as an adjective, but it would make more sense than 'mnestic'.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24