Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Semi-Sapiants

<< < (5/38) > >>

Neonivek:
Actually I'd consider all Non-semi-megabeast sentients to be what I call "Minor Races" not semi-sapiants. Races that arn't defaulted to form civilisations.

Semi-sapiant is what I'd consider the trolls for example. A halfway between animal and person.

Detoxicated:
Well, maybe the terminology was a bit off, but I would also fully support the technique to make trolls full members of a civ.

Courtesy Arloban:

--- Quote from: Bytyan on March 26, 2012, 10:44:02 pm ---There is a difference, I think, between saying that some individuals are suited to certain tasks and that a tribal group of people is better off in a forced labor camp so they can learn proper culture. A large part of why the theory of evolution was rejected so vehemently in victorian england was because it clearly stated that blacks were of the same approximate makeup as everyone else, as apposed to being a lesser being created to serve man, like dogs and oxen. Do I think it is necessarily a bad idea to have foomen folded into culture in a bigger way then they are now? No. Do I think that the proposed mechanism unsuitable for randomly generated fantasy anarchy? Not at all. But it is exactly slavery, right down to the moral justifications.

--- End quote ---

Actually Darwin held the beleif that africans were the "missing" link.  Missing is in quotes because darwin did not know about extinction, or continental drift, or anything else in modern evolutionary theory.  He made a drawing of the humanoid family tree that puts africans between chimpanzees and europeans.

If troglodytes and animalpeople were real, then forcing them to work for you would indeed be slavery, but then so would forcing dwarves to work for you without pay as well.

Splint:
Seems even with the economy the dwarves suffer more than anything....

Courtesy Arloban:
Are they paid in the economy?  I mean Civilization and its clones like to claim they model different governments by giving you some (not based on reality) bonuses and penalties to having different government, but when it comes down to the simulation, your always playing a despotic ruler than micromanages his citizens life, sets production levels, and taxes irrespective of what civilians would actually have(where do citizens get the gold to pay their taxes), and invents new technologies by throwing money at them.

I actually typed this already, but i felt I was getting a little off topic and deleted it before posting my last post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version