Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: The History Monks: A Discworld Rtd (6/8 players)  (Read 9505 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
The History Monks: A Discworld Rtd (6/8 players)
« on: March 26, 2012, 11:27:21 am »

The History monks

The Gods had gathered around the Game table. It was quite large, and next to it laid several dice. It was not a normal table however, and it showed a perfect image of the Disc, which glides majestically through the void on the shoulders of four elephants, standing on the Great A'Tuin. If you looked good, you could see the Cori Celesti, and on it's peak Dunmanifestin, the home of the gods. Really good observers could even look through the tiny windows, and see themselves peering towards the map,which would net them a headache for their trouble. The table was surrounded by the more important Gods of the Disc. There 's Blind Io, chief of the Gods. There's Offler the Crocodile God, one of the older and widely followed Gods of the Disc. There's Fate, who always wins in the end. Next to him sits Destiny. And there's of course the Lady, "She who shall never be named" who's looking across the table with a faint smile..

Fate is the first to speak "So, whom of you wants to play a game." There's little response from the Gods, until finally Blind Io responds, his eyes flying around the table."It depends on which game you want to play. Besides, everyone knows you never lose." Several of the other gods join him, and for a while the idea of a game of Snakes and Ladders is contemplated, but eventually Fate's idea wins. The gods go and sit around the table, while Fate explains the rules. What I have in mind is a game of Champions and Heroes. Each God has one player, whitout any previous acts of heroism, and beyond that it's just them and the dice." With that he picks up the dice, and throws them one the table. They spin around, and when they eventually stop, they reveal, as is to be expected, sixes.

Meanwhile, you find yourself on a cart, heading up the Mountain pass towards a secluded Monastery, home to the History Monks. It's them who keep the timeline straight, and ensure that right past and the right future get connected in right present. You don't think you did any wrong with what you did, it were only some tricks afterall, but the monks,whichever of one picked you up, urged you to come join them in the monastry. Whatever your reasons were, you decided to follow them. There's all sort of people with you in the cart, 8 in total.

1: The disc has over 3000 gods, and Theologists discover more every day.
Spoiler:  Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: *The GWSWS (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 07:16:07 am by 10ebbor10 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The History Monks: A Discworld Rtd (0/8 players)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 12:17:38 pm »

What's the level of RP in this one?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 12:19:17 pm »

What's the level of RP in this one?
Depends on the situation. All posts should have fluff, and more is usually better. Depending on the situation 2-5 lines should suffice.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 12:20:19 pm »

What is the level of action in this?
Rate in a sliding scale from Backyardigans to Quentin Tarantino.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 12:22:22 pm »

What is the level of action in this?
Rate in a sliding scale from Backyardigans to Quentin Tarantino.
Discworld.  ( I had to look those up).
There's a slight chance that you end up with your blood going faster then your bones, which results in a messy death. I don't intend to throw dangers on players quickly, but if they look for troube they will find it easy to find it. But really there's lots of fun things to do in the monastry. You can visit the Dojo's, go and help Qu test out stuff, ...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 12:26:55 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 12:24:19 pm »

I have just a little to no knowledge on Discworld. Should I risk it?
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 12:27:56 pm »

I have just a little to no knowledge on Discworld. Should I risk it?
Yes, there's a wiki when needed. And I'm willing to give information to you when asked( Also informative footnotes).. Besides, that only increases the fun.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 12:28:48 pm »

....fun or !!FUN!! ?
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 12:31:26 pm »

....fun or !!FUN!! ?
Both. I don't really intend to kill anyone right of the bat, but you might run do some stupid things. Then again, I will probably provide enough info to avoid doing that. Also I intend not to come in contact with Discworld canon to much. ( Ie still the Discworld, but I try to prevent you from walking into events from the books).

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 12:40:06 pm »

One could argue that reality itself would prevent us from messing with the canon of the books.

Speaking of canon, about when is this RTD set as far as the books go?  I realize that the History Monks bend that a bit, but it'd be fairly relevant if we're before or after Thief of Time.  (And how old the Abbot is, which influences just how absurd that meeting will be.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 12:42:39 pm »

One could argue that reality itself would prevent us from messing with the canon of the books.

Speaking of canon, about when is this RTD set as far as the books go?  I realize that the History Monks bend that a bit, but it'd be fairly relevant if we're before or after Thief of Time.  (And how old the Abbot is, which influences just how absurd that meeting will be.)
I'm going to say just before the Thief of Time, or in alternate trouserleg where the events of the Thief of time never took place. ( Don't want to spoil the entire book for other people).

Also you might be noticing that I periodically update the race sheets.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 12:48:59 pm by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 01:30:46 pm »

Races sheet and such should be finished now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 06:57:52 pm »

I'm probably going to regret attempting this speech style, but why not.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:59:45 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 08:29:58 pm »

I can't use Spoliers so meh.

Also can we be an Orc, like [spoliers] Mister Nutt [spoliers] or a Goblin
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 08:41:58 pm »

I can't use Spoliers so meh.
Why not?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5