Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Buzzards!!! *Shakes fist at sky*  (Read 31601 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Buzzards!!! *Shakes fist at sky*
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2012, 10:00:25 am »

I once had an engraver get attacked by a raven. A few months later, he died from infection.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2012, 10:07:01 am »

I've seen the mess that buzzards make when you have your marksdwarves training outside, but frankly what's more entertaining than having the flappy bastards fall to their death when you clip their wings?

Giant Armokdamn Mosquito Corpses, now those you really don't want to bump into on an embark. Oh the tales that could have been told, the fortresses that could have been, should I not encounter them every single bloody time.

You'd think I'd get the picture and simply not embark on evil biomes... but I'm making a conscious effort not to learn anything. Where's the fun in that?
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2012, 07:18:10 pm »

Oh gods, my current embark has Buzzards AND Keas, they started stealing all my stuff. Marksdwarves were recruited before axedwarves. In fact im having a problem keeping up with bolt production, the only metal I seem to have is a lot of gold. I guess i'll be buying my iron and steel ( or wait for the goblinite to turn up).
If im right gold = heavy and heavy = awesome for bolts.
Atm, weight is a bit overcalculated in bolts, so i recommend that you use depleted uranium silver for your bolts.

Unfortunatly you cannot use gold for weapons or armor or anything useful except crafts, otherwise id have a squad of golden-hammer dwarves with gold everything - oh man that would look epic : a dozen dwarves clad in solid gold armor and weapons charging out of the fortress...

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2012, 07:33:14 pm »

*sips tea* That first drink of water affords me to embark with a half ton of marble and reforge native iron or claimed goblinite into a significant amount of steel.  A set of steel spears counts heavier than a drink of water.
Bringing a dose of booze for everybody only costs 14 dorfbucks, and if you order now, you get a ☼40 set of barrels free!  Its quite a deal.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2012, 09:17:35 pm »

...long, sober journey from the mountainhomes,...

Actually, if you read the embark text, what you actually choose is the few supplies they have left.

Since they don't get thirsty for like a month in, my guess is they guzzle it all in celebration for reaching their new home.
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2012, 09:22:55 pm »

Actually, if you read the embark text, what you actually choose is the few supplies they have left.

Since they don't get thirsty for like a month in, my guess is they guzzle it all in celebration for reaching their new home.

Quiet you! What is this nonsense? Celebration? Merriment?

You're ruining my sombre imagery, my portrait of a dwarf as a creature in despair, eking out a misrerable, colourless existance because of a thoughtless lack of alcohol!

They are not 'partying on down, dude'. No brewskis are consumed!
/人‿‿人\

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2012, 12:12:00 am »

Quiet you! What is this nonsense? Celebration? Merriment?

You're ruining my sombre imagery, my portrait of a dwarf as a creature in despair, eking out a misrerable, colourless existance because of a thoughtless lack of alcohol!

They are not 'partying on down, dude'. No brewskis are consumed!

... You really embody your avatar's namesake, don'tcha? :-D

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2012, 12:16:58 am »

Why thank you, what a wonderful compliment.

I do try.

I was wondering just how many people got it, then again it is slightly obscure...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 12:34:46 am by KodKod »
/人‿‿人\

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2012, 12:24:23 am »

Quote from: hjd_uk
Unfortunatly you cannot use gold for weapons or armor or anything useful except crafts

Moods  :D
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2012, 12:41:55 am »

Why thank you, what a wonderful compliment.

I do try.

I was wondering just how many people got it, then again it is slightly obscure...

Honestly? Never played it. I copied your avatars URL, then had Google search for the closest match :-D

Looks like a happy goth girl, how could I not investigate? :p (<<< trying to make ^^^that seem a little less creepy, lol)

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2012, 12:49:06 am »

Honestly? Never played it. I copied your avatars URL, then had Google search for the closest match :-D

Looks like a happy goth girl, how could I not investigate? :p (<<< trying to make ^^^that seem a little less creepy, lol)

Well that sounds like a perfectly normal thing to do...
What?

That's cheating. I'm going to have to remove the name reference in the damn image now, thank you for alerting me to that.
/人‿‿人\

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2012, 12:54:28 am »

Well that sounds like a perfectly normal thing to do...
What?

That's cheating. I'm going to have to remove the name reference in the damn image now, thank you for alerting me to that.

Again, honestly? Didn't read the link. Didn't even see that in there. I just pasted it into the google image URL search field and hit go. A lot of fan art on her, oddly, there were no exact matches. That is the only one of her smiling, all the rest on Google were sad.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2012, 12:58:32 am »

Again, honestly? Didn't read the link. Didn't even see that in there. I just pasted it into the google image URL search field and hit go. A lot of fan art on her, oddly, there were no exact matches. That is the only one of her smiling, all the rest on Google were sad.

I don't understand your strange Google-fu. Either way, that's not a "happy" smile, that's a "tear you a new one" smile.
/人‿‿人\

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2012, 12:59:53 am »

I don't understand your strange Google-fu. Either way, that's not a "happy" smile, that's a "tear you a new one" smile.

If you open Google, select image search, to the right edge of the search bar is a faded camera. Click on that, and you can paste in an image URL, or upload an image, and have Google search the webs for the nearest matches.

And ya, I see that now... That I look into her eyes...

Rude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2012, 01:05:44 am »

And ya, I see that now... That I look into her eyes...
Where were you looking before...?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5