Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 152

Author Topic: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 18 — In trouble D:  (Read 264642 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 15 — Nonpossession
« Reply #1680 on: October 25, 2012, 10:25:12 pm »

(Good idea.)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: October 25, 2012, 10:29:55 pm »

((There has always been this beautiful dynamic we have where half of us are fighting for our lives/because something is in the way and the other half are just mucking about with random stuff. :3))
((
"Quick, attack the statue!"
"I wonder what's missing from my stew?"
"More monks, LOOK OUT!"
"There's no way these are real diamonds..."
"TAKE THIS, YOU FIEND!"
"Hey, you think this would make a better weapon or armor?"
))

(Good idea.)
((Last time this happened we were only saved a player death by a convenient levelup. D:))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: October 25, 2012, 10:31:45 pm »

((You mean Jack and me? :P))

((There has always been this beautiful dynamic we have where half of us are fighting for our lives/because something is in the way and the other half are just mucking about with random stuff. :3))
((
"Quick, attack the statue!"
"I wonder what's missing from my stew?"
"More monks, LOOK OUT!"
"There's no way these are real diamonds..."
"TAKE THIS, YOU FIEND!"
"Hey, you think this would make a better weapon or armor?"
))
((Into my quotes with you!))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1683 on: October 27, 2012, 01:01:09 am »

Ire 2 fails to make her chaser attach itself to her hand. She ends up slapping the statue with little effect. :(

The fiery chaser spins around.

The statue turns and smacks Ire with its palm.

1+4 vs 4+1

Ire is knocked over, but she doesn't take any damage.

Ace gets the card and practices.

5,1,5=40 pt to Throwing.

Arianna pries up a few tiles. 6->5 In fact, she actually pries up a good section of the tiles. She finds 19 gems. They look like gems. 3 Simply cut, and with a blue-white tint.

Rod 5 goes all Red Queen on the monk and dispatches him. His head flies into the wall with a sickening plop and a streamer of blood.

Azastre 6->5 does Arianna proud and pries up another large strip of tiles. He gets 16 gems.

Mass production : 1,6,3,3,2,3,1,3,3,3,6,2,4,2,1,4

Reroll for sixes: ->6->1, ->2

Azastre complete wrecks five attempts, leaving nothing at all left.
He messes up 3 tries, with 2 gems salvaged.
He messes up 6 tries, and creates 6 +3 Gem-tipped Tile Bullets. They are single-stage, large rounds.
He creates 2 +4/+5 Gem-tipped Dual Tile Bullets.

Kahn 4 studies the hex book.

He makes a note of a nice hex, Disenchant. It must be carved onto the ground, with a large enough circle to enclose everything that he wants to disenchant, completely. A precious sacrifice needs to be provided, be it a set of gems, an untainted soul, or even a life.
It has a one hundred percent success rate of activation, if only because it takes so long to draw the hex.  A handwritten note in the corner of the page says, "Note to self: Don't try dispelling Sky Tower. Hurts."

It disenchants one to six objects maximum. The order of disenchanting can't be chosen. Sometimes, disenchanted magic with nowhere to go leaves behind its essence.

In other news, a dried-up grub dropped from between the pages.

Jack 2 saunters over to Arianna, and 5 prods her in the head with his wand. Poke, poke, poke.

Poke!

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: October 27, 2012, 01:40:49 am »

Did they see me? Perhaps they did...T'would be funny to see a statue hit thin air.

On that note...

Try to clamber up the statue and then Palm Blast it from there with my chaser! If I can't clamber up [due to description reasons], then counter-strike it's attack with a Palm Blast!

Wherefore art thou Orange Chaser...

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: October 27, 2012, 01:42:57 am »

"Interesting," Kahn said, flicking aside the grub (because surely it was just a bookmark) and continuing to study.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Appearance (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: October 27, 2012, 10:13:19 am »

Pry up tiles, gemstones, etc.

"Ah, back to the basics. Forget mortal combat, 'tis time to take whatever isn't bolted down."

Spoiler: Rod Manly (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Ascend Sky Tower :: Floor 14 — The Musicians of Bremen
« Reply #1687 on: October 27, 2012, 11:28:54 am »

Continue practicing throwing cards.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: October 27, 2012, 11:48:23 am »

((Every time I see the current subtitle, I keep thinking 'Possession is lost...' >.>))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: October 27, 2012, 03:09:23 pm »

((Practice in a time of battle!))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: October 27, 2012, 08:04:00 pm »

Azastre is slightly disappointed at his own lack of finesse...Really? He could do much better. Anyway, he decides to test his gun for a while...It has been some time already.

He crouches, hefts the rifle, aims down the scope, prepares the aim and hopes for a lucky (10%!) shot for him this time before pulling the trigger.

Azastre shoots the statue with a +4/+2 bullet. Regardless of result, he gets back to ripping off more gems for ammo (ammo craft exp please :P).

Spoiler:  Azastre Ferrusleo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chibi Ref (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: October 27, 2012, 08:13:10 pm »

Arianna rubbed her hands together. Alright, now she had something to work with.

Fashion floor tile armor out of some floor tiles. Train Armorcrafting.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1692 on: October 28, 2012, 05:59:19 am »

Ire 2 starts climbing up the statue, but it shakes her off. She grits her teeth and PALM BLASTs with the fiery chaser.

4 + 4 + 3 vs 5
= 6 damage

The statue is almost rubble, now, with only an arm and a crumbling torso left, along with its head. It still doesn't give up on struggling against Ire.

Another fiery chaser forms behind her.

(Also, Palm Blast is now +0)

Kahn flicks away the dessicated grub and continues with his studies.

5 Animate Jack-O-Lantern
With a sufficiently prepared Jack of the Lantern, the witch may animate it with a simple hex that works roughly 66% of the time, and induce it to spit fire (on a 5~6), jump at people (on a 3~6), self-destruct on command (on a 6), and slowly drain the life energy of nearby people (on a 6). The number of features is random, but usually sacrificing something increases the number of features.

(Each feature is rolled for separately.)

Rod 4 quickly strips the floor around him and gets twelve gems, One Handful of smaller gems, and ten rock tiles.

Ace 4,4,2= 30 pt to Throwing.

One of his cards hit Gretel on the head.

Azastre gets 52 xp for the last turn. He

1+2 shoots the statue with a +4/+2 bullet, but it misses and blasts through its ear.

Arianna 5,3,4 makes a +3 Rock Tile Armor. It gives a 20% penalty towards her attack bonuses due to being heavy and restricting free movement. She uses all the Good Section of tiles.

Popo shouts from above, "Are you people planning on getting up here any time sooooon?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: October 28, 2012, 06:04:21 am »

Ire looked around before shaking her head. Half of the people were busy ripping up the landscape or even training by themselves instead of helping those under attack.

Perhaps...Greed and Apathy was truly amongst them.

"I am! Could you give me a lift? Or better yet, help try to spot the way up there? I don't want to see my friends die to their own uncaring natures!"

Shout to Popo, make sure my location is undisclosed except for her knowledge.

If possible, Palm Blast the statue, if any collateral damage is to be had, aim it for the person I most reasonably hate.

Spoiler: Ire Fidel (click to show/hide)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: October 28, 2012, 11:46:10 am »

Take anything interesting from the statue, then grab the bits of it that broke off in the fighting.
"Hey, Ire, I'm not helping because my guns can't damage it, I'm no coward."
Ace says, a defensive tone in his voice.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 11:48:57 am by Spinal_Taper »
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 152