Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: a story of heartbreak and tragedy  (Read 1103 times)

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
a story of heartbreak and tragedy
« on: March 26, 2012, 08:45:45 pm »

So it turns out that goblins dont like to be sold. I tried to bring it to the trade depot to palm off to some humans, and he escaped (Is this supposed to happen? Is there a way to stop it?)

Anyway, this single goblin has left 9 of my military in hospital. (all with full iron armour and weapons, as well as decent training - is there a better armour to use considering I can't make steel (no flux stones)).

One of the dwarves is having a good day... First sustains injuries, and gets knocked unconscious. She's had a miscarriage recently. She lost a spouse to tragedy recently. She has been dehydrated recently (dumb dwarves decided to give water to everyone else, while she was there completely dehydrated, about to die). She has complained of hunger recently. She's not already mad probably cause she dined in a legendary dining room, got rescued, and was able to r & r...

anyone got stories of a worse day for a dwarf?
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: a story of heartbreak and tragedy
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 08:49:12 pm »

yep, trying to move cages with non-tame creatures doesn't work at all i'm afraid.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 08:50:22 pm »

damn :( also, how do i strip the goblins... I tried dumping the cages but it didnt work
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

WolfeyS

• Bay Watcher
  • My wife just died. Oh, damn nice door that one is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 09:13:16 pm »

You are doing it all wrong, that goblin doesn't even deserve to be sold away.  You gotta toss him in a pit with a semi megabeast or something.
My Steam Account

You just know you're screwed when a dwarf dies of old age.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 09:15:10 pm »

Build cage. Designate unforbid. designate dump.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 09:31:41 pm »

You are doing it all wrong, that goblin doesn't even deserve to be sold away.  You gotta toss him in a pit with a semi megabeast or something.

why not make a little money from it? Either way, he's dead now anyway :p

WolfeyS

• Bay Watcher
  • My wife just died. Oh, damn nice door that one is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 09:44:10 pm »

Your choice, money or a nice new coloured wall and pet beast.
My Steam Account

You just know you're screwed when a dwarf dies of old age.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 11:23:30 pm »

The pet beast would be awesome ;)