Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ways to commit genocide  (Read 2410 times)

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
Ways to commit genocide
« on: March 27, 2012, 12:43:07 am »

I am now attempting to find entertaining ways to swiftly kill a fortress. Anyone who wants to expriment with me is welcome.

Experiment one: by the seaside. Am attempting to drown the lot by putting the beds underwater
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ways to commit genocide
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 12:50:22 am »

stop making booze.  Deconstruct tables, chairs, and bedroom doors.  Atomsmash masterpieces and pets.  Deconstruct all coffins, stop burying bodies.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 12:53:17 am »

Those are things that can happen naturally, they don't count. This is more like 'dig a tunnel to the sea' and 'insist on digging for magma' LOL

ETA: Has anyone ever tried to create Maximum Fun?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:05:30 am by GuesssWho »

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 01:25:28 am »

Hmm, pierce an aquifer, build everything below it, then pierce it again from below and let the dwarves learn to swim?

Debatable how quick or entertaining that would be though.  Boatmurdered at least had an amusing way to cause a tantrum spiral: start a fire underground and let the smoke drive all of the dwarves insane.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 01:48:57 am »

My dwarves are now underwater--and dying of thirst, because it's seawater. Morons!

How do you light things on fire--and where do you get magma?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 02:32:01 am »

Individually. One by one. AND in alphabetical order.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 02:54:21 am »

Individually. One by one. AND in alphabetical order.

. . . huh?

Beyondrepair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 04:37:45 pm »

Make whole fort stand on a single support attached to a lever.

Uronym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 04:52:47 pm »

Get everyone downstairs, below sea level. Dig a tunnel, horizontally, into the ocean. That level, and any other levels below sea level connected to it, will probably flash-flood and kill everyone within seconds! The secret is that the ocean has a lot of water pressure built up, so if you make the floor below the sea level, the pressure from the water above will push water in at very fast speeds.
What I think we're saying is we need dwarves to riot and break things more often.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 06:46:20 am »

Dig for Victory ‼Fun‼!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 07:34:16 am »

Pierce the Hidden Fun Stuff and let it have its way with your fort.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 08:41:46 am »

... is there an echo in here? ???
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.