Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Dead Linger  (Read 5167 times)

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
The Dead Linger
« on: March 27, 2012, 04:46:25 am »

A zombie game that is being made by Sandswept studios. If you enjoy zombies in a generated world that could very well be different every time, and the ability to use any machine in game. You may want to take a look at this game. Still being made, but honestly it looks interesting enough to me to start a small group on there. I hope you will join me and watching how everything plays out.

http://www.thedeadlinger.com/

Also, if you have time, why not join my little Cheesy Doom Pirates group on there, it couldn't hurt. Also the lead designer will talk to you and answer questions you have, though the fan-base is still small and the game is still being made.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dead Linger
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 05:23:41 am »

This seem to be the perfect game, but usually perfect game cant exist, i really do hope it goes trough!!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 05:54:18 am »

This looks to be simply incredible.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 06:44:35 am »

Checked the site, POTENTIAL ABSOLUTE WIN, if I've ever seen one.  I have my reservations about the game, especially its price ( despite just being alpha ), the almost extreme challenge this presents to zombie fans, etc.

The last time I got I payed for a game which was still being developed, was a nifty game called Minecraft.  I'm wondering if this will be the next game that everyone will both love, hate, and just outright play. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 08:03:22 am »

Hm, the name reminds me of something...

Has the creator played any TF2?

Anyway, the site's pretty cool. Looks like he posted some models for survivors/zombies in riot gear.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 12:27:52 pm »

You know, this is the sort of game I check this subforum everyday for. So uh, hell yeah.

The game looks pretty awesome, the initial price is kind of high but at least you get all future versions with it. Probably gonna buy it ASAP but not without watching the gameplay videos they plan to post before releasing the first alpha build.

Another bit that gives them bonus points in my book is how active their developers are on the forums, most threads have posts from the lead designer from what I've seen.
Yeah yeah yeah!

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 12:30:44 pm »

Are their any screenshots?  I looked through the site a bit but I didn't find anything.  I'm not even sure what kind of game this is.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 12:51:02 pm »

Are their any screenshots?  I looked through the site a bit but I didn't find anything.  I'm not even sure what kind of game this is.

Er... there's a big link at the top that says 'Media', man.

EDIT:
Hm, I assumed they had screenshots there, but apparently it's all just drawn stuff. Seems like this game is (basically) vaporware, for now.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 01:38:05 pm »

Yah, they've been around a while and even taunted the Zomboid makers (why isn't your game an FPS? OURS IS AN FPS), but have failed to present evidence their game actually really exists.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 02:00:09 pm »

the game in early production from what i gathered, there is not even an alpha out yet.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 02:30:37 pm »

Also, oh look they have a trailer... er... wait... what...

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 02:36:54 pm »

They're making it sound like we should get a lot more stuff to look at in the next couple weeks. I'll probably wait a month before checking on it again.

Still interested though. Last blog update was last Wednesday, in which they said they want to have a gameplay video out in a few weeks. But, uh, no promises I guess.

I hope it doesn't die, reading the forums it sounds really awesome.
Yeah yeah yeah!

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 02:56:00 pm »

I see a LOT of fluffy pep talk/sensationalism but ZERO product...that turns me off simply because I find that so disgusting...also if you look at the buy it now option what they say is vague and tricky...I already dont like this company...they come across as manipulative salesman that hype people up to sell a non existent product.

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 03:06:11 pm »

Yeah, definitely a cautious, "wait-and-see" kind of game.
Yeah yeah yeah!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 06:30:19 pm »

Everybody's talking about how great this game is, but is there even a game here?  I looked through the blog.  I found one actual gameplay-related blog post (The menu) and one that is maybe gameplay related but more trying to sell the game than actually describe the mechanics (Which are the important part, the part that proves they're making something and not just doing the Bunky Bartlett), which is the first post.  Everything else is item renders, which is fine except there's no game to put them in, and fanfiction, which is fine except no, it's not fine.
Shoes...
Pages: [1] 2 3