Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Dead Linger  (Read 5166 times)

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dead Linger
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 06:32:33 pm »

I see a LOT of fluffy pep talk/sensationalism but ZERO product...that turns me off simply because I find that so disgusting...also if you look at the buy it now option what they say is vague and tricky...I already dont like this company...they come across as manipulative salesman that hype people up to sell a non existent product.

Well, yes, except for the slight fact that they're not selling anything yet. The "Buy" page explicitly says:
The Dead Linger is not yet available for pre-order!
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 07:40:58 pm »

A gameplay video should be coming out sometime soon Zag (Lead Designer) said himself.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 01:58:10 am »

I see a LOT of fluffy pep talk/sensationalism but ZERO product...that turns me off simply because I find that so disgusting...also if you look at the buy it now option what they say is vague and tricky...I already dont like this company...they come across as manipulative salesman that hype people up to sell a non existent product.

Well, yes, except for the slight fact that they're not selling anything yet. The "Buy" page explicitly says:
The Dead Linger is not yet available for pre-order!

I was aware of that when I posted...spose I was pointing out how odd it is for them to be pushing a product in a very market minded way without having a product to even pre-order.

As for the gameplay video...I look forward to it and hope it shows up soon.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 11:14:18 am »

I've heard of this early, it sounds interesting, but yea, no substance as of yet.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 04:33:41 pm »

posting to follow mainly, and to say that I like the concept but can't help feel that this is another SK RL.
Nom nom nom

creodor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 12:28:38 pm »

They have a Kickstarter page here. Definitely not much proof that there's even anything there, unfortunately. It sounds like a great game... Either way, I pledged a little bit, won't hurt my bank account, and I'd definitely like to see this go somewhere.
Free Game List

fish are drowning again ~Fourth Triad

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 02:55:00 pm »

Honestly, they've still got more to show than the Takedown kickstarter, and that got funded at a substantially higher goal. Not quite sure why that is considering it was nothing more than hype and dramatized social media.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 03:50:43 pm »

Takedown's being made by people with experience in the industry.  We know the people we're giving money to can do what they promised, and we know they're professional enough to get it done.  We don't have any of that with this other game.
Shoes...

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 07:28:29 pm »

Talked to Zag again and they are working hard on the showcase video. And as a quote from him, "A large world, check. Tons of zombies in that world, check. Barricading, check. Hunger, check. Equipment and equippable items + inventory, check. Multiplayer up to at least 16 players, check."

At least that is what he said, that is what they have so far for alpha.

He also encourages any questions on the sandswept forums. He actually tries to get to them.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2012, 04:35:48 am »

Even less than that would probably make me consider this game a bit more seriously, enough to probably throw $25 at it anyway. Project Zomboid had tech demos to show before they took a single preorder and it really eased the decision to spend money (of course that game was also significantly cheaper to preorder too)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2013, 02:09:33 pm »

B-B-B-BIGASS BUMP BUMP BUMP

Apparently I spoke too soon in my dismissal of the game as Vaporware.  It is now on Steam Early Access.  Has anybody played it yet?  It looks pretty sweet, though I'm still on State of Decay so I'm not gonna try it just yet.  16 players, zombies are in, barricading is in, apparently a "planet-sized procedurally generated world" but I'm guessing that's pre-generated and not a fresh thing we get every time we start a new game.
Shoes...

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2013, 02:21:18 pm »

Hadn't noticed this before now, PTW.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2013, 02:56:39 pm »

This looks shiny. I like shiny things. PTW.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2013, 04:13:37 pm »

B-B-B-BIGASS BUMP BUMP BUMP

Apparently I spoke too soon in my dismissal of the game as Vaporware.  It is now on Steam Early Access.  Has anybody played it yet?  It looks pretty sweet, though I'm still on State of Decay so I'm not gonna try it just yet.  16 players, zombies are in, barricading is in, apparently a "planet-sized procedurally generated world" but I'm guessing that's pre-generated and not a fresh thing we get every time we start a new game.

Nope, it is proc gen, at least from what I've read. I've been following this pretty closely since it started, they've just finished a huge engine change to coincide with the steam release. I haven't bought it myself, I've been waiting for more content, but everything I've seen so far looks pretty damn good, and they've got some clear dev goals on their official site.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2013, 05:03:27 pm »

I know it's procedurally generated, I'm mainly wondering whether that means they procedurally generated a world and that's the world you play in, or if they have an engine to procedurally generate a world every time you play.  For planet-sized worlds that seems a little out of reach.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 [2] 3