Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't designate zone for animal training  (Read 1090 times)

hoover84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can't designate zone for animal training
« on: March 27, 2012, 08:28:25 pm »

So, I'm having a bit of trouble designating a zone for animal training.  The displayed character for selecting "Animal Training" is a question mark.  Unfortunately when I type "?", it sends me to the help menu.  So, what am I doing wrong?

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can't designate zone for animal training
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 09:48:45 pm »

You copied your interface.txt file from 34.05 or another earlier version. That's the init file that defines keybindings, and the earlier versions didn't have any bindings for the new features because they didn't exist. You're either going to have to get the appropriate file off a clean install or make the keybindings manually.

The relevant ones, from what I can tell, are:
Pilezone menu, Main: Activity Zone, Animal Training
Stockorder: NO BINDING (I have 3 of these for some reason; they're t, w, and h, and refer to the animals screen's new trainer-choice, war animal training, and hunting animal training options)

There's probably others, too, that I don't know about. Getting a vanilla copy of the data/init/interface.txt file is probably your best bet.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

hoover84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 11:09:40 pm »

Awesome, thanks for the help.  I'm certain you're right as I'm using keybindings from the lazynewbpack (34.05)...didn't even consider that, but don't have time to fix it tonight.  Thanks again!

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 12:41:18 pm »

Having the same issue here.  From what I can tell, these are missing in the LNP keybinds and producing a ? in the game.  Add to LNP.

Code: [Select]
[BIND:ANIMAL_SELECT_TRAINER:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:t]
[BIND:ANIMAL_WAR_TRAINING:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:w]
[BIND:ANIMAL_HUNTING_TRAINING:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:h]
[BIND:CIVZONE_ANIMAL_TRAINING:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:t]
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.