Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Notch from mojong game about ready with a space game ( creator of minecraft)  (Read 49276 times)

Danaru

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% Manly
    • View Profile

I'll stop disliking Notch once they put floating islands back in the game.

I'm serious, I can overlook the broken promises, the half-implemented ideas, the missed deadlines, everything else, but god dammit the flying islands were the reason I bought the game.
Odd how "Experiment" in DF is often synonymous with "Raging inferno of death and dispair"

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

While that might be cool, somebody ought to fix redstone torch burnouts first, because after a torch burns out, any subsequent replacements of that torch will burn out immediately, forcing me to relocate the whole circuit elsewhere and use a ton of redstone repeaters.

...this post should've been in Minecraft: The General Thread. >.>
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile

Would it be to much douchery to ask what dead/dying indy game Notch is using for a spring board for this game?

I guess Pox Nora isn't dead or dying, but it can't be denied that Scrolls isn't the only CCG/MMO/TBS, even if it's an odd combo.
---
I think this post is gonna turn into a general Notch thread.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While that might be cool, somebody ought to fix redstone torch burnouts first, because after a torch burns out, any subsequent replacements of that torch will burn out immediately, forcing me to relocate the whole circuit elsewhere and use a ton of redstone repeaters.

...this post should've been in Minecraft: The General Thread. >.>
MUCH better tan making circuits
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/892282-124-computercraft-132-updated/

Instead you use a single block and make program to handle everything your circuit supposed to do!!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am still somewhat interested in Scrolls... though the fact that he has nothing on it after over a year... suggests he isn't exactly working on it so much as thinking about it.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

The only thing I can remember about Scrolls is that it's a CCG MMO thing where you buy the game and then buy cards within the game. Am I misremembering this, or am I correct in thinking this is a terrible idea?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The only thing I can remember about Scrolls is that it's a CCG MMO thing where you buy the game and then buy cards within the game. Am I misremembering this, or am I correct in thinking this is a terrible idea?

Really?

That sounds like MTG Tactics.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile

Really?

That sounds like MTG Tactics.

That's what you do in Pox Nora.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

"A game ending that makes sense." Was a dead give away. Though it's kinda sad that it's totally believable as something Notch would do.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would it be to much douchery to ask what dead/dying indy game Notch is using for a spring board for this game?

I guess Pox Nora isn't dead or dying, but it can't be denied that Scrolls isn't the only CCG/MMO/TBS, even if it's an odd combo.
---
I think this post is gonna turn into a general Notch thread.

Blockade Runner?

*Looks at his calender*
Oh FFS...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mars effect really?

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

Mars effect really?

No, not really. (It's an April Fools joke)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mars effect really?

No, not really. (It's an April Fools joke)

I hope so... since it actually matches Notch's naming schemes and sounds like something he would come up with.

April fools is so pointless.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

"A game ending that makes sense." Was a dead give away. Though it's kinda sad that it's totally believable as something Notch would do.

I do find it pretty hilarious that even Notch didn't take very long to acknowledge that the lauded "endgame" content he finally got around to adding after two years is a pain in the ass and makes no sense.

He's dead serious about the 16-bit computer thing though.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8