Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Notch from mojong game about ready with a space game ( creator of minecraft)  (Read 49277 times)

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems by his tweets and some recent interviews that apart from minecraft, scrolls and the game they are publishing cobalts edge, notch from his recent tweets is about ready to realise a elite meets firefly meets rpg meets exploration spore, starbound and whatever else type of game, no annoucement yet but by his tweets he is well along with development

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So that was his 'secret project'. It's been under wraps for a long time then.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile

wtf is wrong with the first poster

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wtf is wrong with the first poster

They have the attention span of Notch? Or they are not a native English speaker. Maybe both.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To the trolls read the content mojong have a new space type of rpg-trading sim coming follow notch on twitter and youll see the info i expect he will annouce his new project in the next few days and yes this woudl appear to be his top secret project he has been working on some time ( nobodypro) you would be quite correct there

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

I think thats the first time I've ever seen someone say the word "tweets" 3 times in one sentence.

That being said, I kind of have little faith in Notch's ability to make games anymore. Minecraft proved that he has a problem following through with ideas. The game is filled with things that he started, got bored of, and then dropped to add in some other new feature only to repeat the process. I sometimes wonder if he'll end up the next Peter Monoloux. I mean it could end up being a good game, but it's definatly not a "pay for before release" like minecraft was.

To the trolls read the content mojong have a new space type of rpg-trading sim coming follow notch on twitter and youll see the info i expect he will annouce his new project in the next few days and yes this woudl appear to be his top secret project he has been working on some time ( nobodypro) you would be quite correct there

I don't think you know what "troll" means. Or what "content" means.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Troll refers to grammar nazis, notch has a team of 12 programmers and artists now working for him so they are working on minecraft updates etc.  Scrolls is coming along and this new game im guessing as notch has said it is his pet project now so hopefully its good enough

Alternatively starbound is out there its terraria spore and a few other things crossed but has potential as well

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Troll refers to grammar nazis,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
notch has a team of 12 programmers and artists now working for him so they are working on minecraft updates etc. 
What fenrif said has nothing to do with Jeb etc. or their capabilities. It's just that Minecraft is still missing so much despite being 'released'.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

I Notch know no work on minecraft no more from the tweets but cadre entirity 12 programmers and artists are  minecraft work from the tweets I think only Jeb from mojang and the tweets is working on minecraft now and the better than ever updates are good like on the tweets but the point is not that and notch from the tweets was working on it at a time and that time the updates were not many unlike the tweets but the tweets told of updates in high number but feature added value tweets of few this is why i say the sayings that I said but not on the tweets i sure scrolls coming along but from the tweets i think it negative game experience and bad cash value money to game purchase and also afterwards from the tweets seperate money exchange for virtuality cards game.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones

I Notch know no work on minecraft no more from the tweets but cadre entirity 12 programmers and artists are  minecraft work from the tweets I think only Jeb from mojang and the tweets is working on minecraft now and the better than ever updates are good like on the tweets but the point is not that and notch from the tweets was working on it at a time and that time the updates were not many unlike the tweets but the tweets told of updates in high number but feature added value tweets of few this is why i say the sayings that I said but not on the tweets i sure scrolls coming along but from the tweets i think it negative game experience and bad cash value money to game purchase and also afterwards from the tweets seperate money exchange for virtuality cards game.

Good try, but YOU ADDED A PERIOD AT THE END, grasshopper.

His grammar-suck-fu is too strong for you.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

Stop whining about the grammar. You're only making Bay12 look bad.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile

I actually thought he was a bot. What didn't make sense is that he was talking about notch

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

I don't think Notch is as bad as people think he is. He seems pretty competent at punching out game concepts and mechanics in very short periods of time and is pretty creative with his assets. Minecraft was a titan of a beast to handle, and for a guy forming his first company at the same time million of people are buying the game, this wasn't too bad. It surely didn't sink as expected of that situation. Not to mention 90% of those buyers being shit.

I'm looking forward to whatever space game he comes up with, but not the summation of all positive experiences of the games listed like some dreamy wish-list that cannot possibly be fulfilled. Would be foolish to set your expectations to those levels and blame the guy if he doesn't perfect it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Troll refers to grammar nazis

frankly I read some of what you wrote and unless I honestly knew what you were talking about in advance, which I do not, it is nearly unreadable and I have to make leaps of logic just to understand.

As much of a jerk as some people may be, a little grammar may have helped you quite a bit. They probably were just joking around at first anyhow.

Stop whining about the grammar. You're only making Bay12 look bad

It is what I call "attack and recieve topic devolution". People eventually would have stopped but the topic creator called troll which as you know is the universal symbol of flamewars.

--

Anyhow I am still waiting for Notch's procedural card game that I doubt he will ever actually make. Though this topic isn't too helpful since I really got no information except that "it puts Spore to shame" except frankly... All games do that.

Heck I read Kenshi's "FAQ" and THE VAST MAJORITY is it saying how much better and different it is going to be then other games.

I don't think Notch is as bad as people think he is. He seems pretty competent at punching out game concepts and mechanics in very short periods of time and is pretty creative with his assets

It comes more from the fact that people see Notch's update speed as very slow and the fact that even independent modders have often seemed to work faster then his actual development team.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8