Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Notch from mojong game about ready with a space game ( creator of minecraft)  (Read 49292 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While you guys prattle on about petty, off-topic issues, Notch is actually making a space game. If you want to be butthurt about a super-rich developer, make another thread for it.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

While you guys prattle on about petty, off-topic issues, Notch is actually making a space game. If you want to be butthurt about a super-rich developer, make another thread for it.
They already have a third of the Minecraft thread. Although I gotta admit, theorizing how he would approach this, no matter how silly their reasoning is, seems to be the topic at hand. Even if it's profoundly boring.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you have more information on this game? Is there more info on this game? Do we know ANYTHING about it other then that one computer?

I think the topic based on what Notch is likely to do with this game given evidence of Minecraft is pretty on topic.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

I thought the thread was meant to be primarily about Twitter?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought the thread was meant to be primarily about Twitter?

It was an announcement that Notch is making this game... and gave no info.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Sigging.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

Chill out. The thread's about Notch, so we talk about Notch. If you want to be butthurt about us talking about a super-rich developer in a thread bearing his name, make another thread for it.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i think tihs game is gonan suc bc notch is so lasy lol

On a more serious note: Mojang has yet to impress me, I don't hate on Notch [much], but there's nothing incredibly (remotely?) original in any of his games, so I don't expect much from this one either.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And I think it fully delivered on what it was supposed to deliver.

You are aware that we can objectively prove this because Notch stated a long time ago what Minecraft was 'supposed' to deliver. We don't even need to enter the realm of subjectivity.
I want books to be functional D:

** This is actually a legitimate example of irony. "A state of affairs that is the reverse of what was to be expected; a result opposite to and in mockery of the appropriate result". An optimisation (the appropriate result being fast code) is causing people to complain of lag (the reverse state of affairs). Now that is irony! :)
I raise you an Ed Byrne.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 07:12:15 pm by NobodyPro »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Actually, we're talking about what Notch is likely to do with his space game. We're using minecraft as an example because... just look at it. There's a bunch of unfinished stuff, and a few months later, Notch adds more while forgetting about the others. The Nether is still lacking in the 'stuff to do' department, and it took many, many years just to add inverted staircases. He added achievements, and it took a few months, if not a year to add more achievements.

In short, we're talking about how likely Notch is going to halfass his upcoming space game.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ohh gawd I forgot about achievements.

I know everyone loves them but I think they are the most worthless addition to gaming history that actually make things a bit worse.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

I don't mind them, as long as they're not:

"Must... Do mission... Perfectly... For achievement...!"

For stupid generic stuff (Like walking 1000Km, killing 10,000 noobs, etc) I don't mind.

Unfortunately, Minecraft kinda diddled around and pretended to have achievements. I mean, an achievement for cutting your first tree down? ...Okay...

I don't think it'd be a big loss for SpaceGame not to have any achievements.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:04:53 pm by Knight of Fools »
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Trevasaurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dont have a problem with Notch and I definitely got my moneys worth from Minecraft but at the same time I was never really blown away by anything he has done. I think the greatest thing about the game was the feeling of freedom and creativity to build your own story as you played and its a shame that at the moment they are concentrating on trying to build upon the generic rpg elements that have been added than creating hundreds of new blocks to build with. That said if Notch can bring the same kind of openness and customizablity to a space-based game then I will be very interested in seeing what develops. I also have my concerns that without a very solid plan and development schedule a game with the scale that he is planning to tackle will be very empty and unfinished for a very long time. It wont be a pre-order for me but something I will be interested to watch the development of.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

its a shame that at the moment they are concentrating on trying to build upon the generic rpg elements that have been added than creating hundreds of new blocks to build with

Is this written correctly? because frankly this is the exact opposite of how I feel.

Though I guess it goes to show that no one is happy except the guy who drives the Gravy boat.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

I don't mind them, as long as they're not:

"Must... Do mission... Perfectly... For achievement...!"

For stupid generic stuff (Like walking 1000Km, killing 10,000 noobs, etc) I don't mind.

Unfortunately, Minecraft kinda diddled around and pretended to have achievements. I mean, an achievement for cutting your first tree down? ...Okay...

I don't think it'd be a big loss for SpaceGame not to have any achievements.

The problem with the minecraft achievements is that they were meant to be the tutorial. It's kind of a huge design flaw that for a fully finished and released game people still have to alt-tab out and check a wiki on how to make pretty much anything. The achievements were meant to take a player through punching their first tree to crafting everything in the game. Notch basically did a few and got bored, forgetting (or not caring) that it was kind of a big deal.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8