Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Notch from mojong game about ready with a space game ( creator of minecraft)  (Read 49279 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well everyone knows the "End game" of Minecraft was entirely phoned in and actually serves as drastic tonal and thematic shift in the game itself.

"I won't make the end game suck guys really!" wouldn't be so bad.

Though what made me not really guess it was an April Fool's joke was just how truely vague everything was. It didn't really promise anything which made me think "Ohh I guess Notch learned his lesson and is going to make everything vague so no one can call him on lost content". Nothing really was said. The rest was very standard features in space games that they just said in dramatic ways. "Power supply" isn't anything new.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 03:06:03 pm by Neonivek »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

I don't think the ending comments were referring to Minecraft.  They were more likely ripping on Mass Effect.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think the ending comments were referring to Minecraft.  They were more likely ripping on Mass Effect.

Ohhh... Odd given that the Endgame of Minecraft is also nonsense, disapointing, and stupid.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Step 1: Mars Effect
Step 2: Reskin next year for April 1
Step 3: ?
Step 4: profit

Mojang will make millions... more.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kinda makes me wish that other Space game MMO was better since honestly... I loved it but I couldn't play it for the life of me (what killed it for me was I got marooned on a planet and lost control of my city... that and the defensive buildings were only stylised bunkers)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 10:18:03 pm by Neonivek »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

Hmm, I should dig up my old "Star Crew" project from a couple years ago.  Notch's first post announcing this game made me go "Oh hey I already made that game, no wait I only got a couple weeks into the project".  But yeah, multiple players on a ship in FPS view, walking around looking at ship displays and stuff.  More Puzzle Pirates flavored though.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

Anyone willing to make a proper thread for the game that actually has links, more information, and Grammar that doesn't make me want to rip my eyes out?

Edit: It already puts me off that this thread was created because of a few tweets.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile

The game is real, the name Mars Effect and a few digs at Mass Effect were the only parts that were a prank.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone willing to make a proper thread for the game that actually has links, more information, and Grammar that doesn't make me want to rip my eyes out?

Edit: It already puts me off that this thread was created because of a few tweets.

I am willing for one to be created but I don't want to do it myself because I don't want to go hunting down information.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

People are dead fucking serious about his playful joking twitter. No surprise there.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

People are dead fucking serious about his playful joking twitter. No surprise there.

Dead fucking is pretty serious.

Someone start a real thread.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

There's no need, this one still works fine.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

I thought the entireity of information about this game was allready in this thread? Notch is making a space game with features such as *insert any feature found in any space game/show/book/movie. It's his secret project and he's tweeted about it. There are computers and programming in it for some reason. Though saying that I just googled it and found this:

Minecraft creator Markus 'Notch' Persson's next major project will likely be an open world space game inspired by classic trading sim Elite and cult sci-fi series Firefly.

Speaking in an interview with PC Gamer, Notch revealed that he hopes to make a space game in the same vein as David Braben's ancient 3D classic, but "done right".

"I want the space game that's more like Firefly," he explained.

"I want to run around on my ship and have to put out a fire. Like, oh crap, the cooling system failed, I have to put out the fire here."

Although he still hasn't decided for sure whether the idea will indeed be Mojang's next big title, he suggested that if it is, it will follow a similar development model to its breakout hit.

"The goal is to do it the same way I did Minecraft," he said.

"Just basically have me work on it for a while, and then we'll add people as needed, and try to charge as soon as possible, because it's probably going to be open ended sandbox game as well, so it doesn't need to be completed before people can play it."

He added that he wouldn't be put out if another developer takes the idea and runs with it before he has a chance to get started.

"If someone steals the idea before me, that's totally fine. I just want to play that game."

Notch then later clarified his stance on Elite via Twitter. "Please note that I did not wish to imply Elite wasn't done right. I wanted to imply it hasn't been done right since," he wrote.

(Bolded for importance) Oh... Oh no.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

I thought the entireity of information about this game was allready in this thread? Notch is making a space game with features such as *insert any feature found in any space game/show/book/movie. It's his secret project and he's tweeted about it. There are computers and programming in it for some reason. Though saying that I just googled it and found this:

Minecraft creator Markus 'Notch' Persson's next major project will likely be an open world space game inspired by classic trading sim Elite and cult sci-fi series Firefly.

Speaking in an interview with PC Gamer, Notch revealed that he hopes to make a space game in the same vein as David Braben's ancient 3D classic, but "done right".

"I want the space game that's more like Firefly," he explained.

"I want to run around on my ship and have to put out a fire. Like, oh crap, the cooling system failed, I have to put out the fire here."

Although he still hasn't decided for sure whether the idea will indeed be Mojang's next big title, he suggested that if it is, it will follow a similar development model to its breakout hit.

"The goal is to do it the same way I did Minecraft," he said.

"Just basically have me work on it for a while, and then we'll add people as needed, and try to charge as soon as possible, because it's probably going to be open ended sandbox game as well, so it doesn't need to be completed before people can play it."

He added that he wouldn't be put out if another developer takes the idea and runs with it before he has a chance to get started.

"If someone steals the idea before me, that's totally fine. I just want to play that game."

Notch then later clarified his stance on Elite via Twitter. "Please note that I did not wish to imply Elite wasn't done right. I wanted to imply it hasn't been done right since," he wrote.

(Bolded for importance) Oh... Oh no.

Mother of...

s**t.

So we're going to get Minecraft 2: Electric Boogaloo: RECYCLED IN SPACE!! ?

This better be unique.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

This caught my eye. Why would he need to charge right away, when hes got 100s of millions of dollars under his belt.  :-\
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8