Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Notch from mojong game about ready with a space game ( creator of minecraft)  (Read 49289 times)

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

Because "indie charm" and definatly not because Notch is a skinflint who thinks people have forgotten about the entire development history of Minecraft.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile

I lol'd at this entire thread.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

"Just basically have me work on it for a while, and then we'll add people as needed, and try to charge as soon as possible, because it's probably going to be open ended sandbox game as well, so it doesn't need to be completed before people can play it."

This caught my eye. Why would he need to charge right away, when hes got 100s of millions of dollars under his belt.  :-\

Because the logic "Why do you need money when you already have money" is kinda bad.

Probably trying to kill indie charm. A decent cause.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If Notch is trying to kill Indie Charm... Yeah I would support him on that.

People need to learn it isn't a magical "Genre" (In fact it isn't a genre at all)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

Mojang is Indie in the most loose definition of the term. They have made enough money from Minecraft to go Triple A now, and anyone who thinks they have money issues is just plain stupid and wrong.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mojang is Indie in the most loose definition of the term. They have made enough money from Minecraft to go Triple A now, and anyone who thinks they have money issues is just plain stupid and wrong.

No one thinks they have money issues unless they were ripped off by the distributers.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Probably trying to kill indie charm. A decent cause.

People need to learn it isn't a magical "Genre" (In fact it isn't a genre at all)

Funny how one of the games that helped defined "indie" has become a fantastic antidote to its charms.

I mean, it's not even close to surprising, but it is ironic at least.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

"Just basically have me work on it for a while, and then we'll add people as needed, and try to charge as soon as possible, because it's probably going to be open ended sandbox game as well, so it doesn't need to be completed before people can play it."

This caught my eye. Why would he need to charge right away, when hes got 100s of millions of dollars under his belt.  :-\

Because if you have power, the next thing you want to earn is more power. Repeat ad infinitum.

But seriously, while Minecraft has its charms, would doing a 'Minecraft 2: In Space' work again?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

Not if you don't spell it 'Spess'
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Indie just means working independent from the big publishers. It doesn't really matter how much money you have to back it up yourself.

Funny how one of the games that helped defined "indie" has become a fantastic antidote to its charms.

I mean, it's not even close to surprising, but it is ironic at least.

No games defined indie, the label was brought over from the music industry :P
Love, scriver~

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile

Indie just means working independent from the big publishers. It doesn't really matter how much money you have to back it up yourself.

And when does Indy stop being consider Indy?

I think Mojong has the cash flow to consider well above other indy studios, and Activision, EA, ect all started out as small developers. Look at Rockstar, they used to make Lemmings.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile

They stop being indie when they start working for (or become) a big publisher.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile

They stop being indie when they start working for (or become) a big publisher.
Whats the qualifier for being a big publisher?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Prolly when a lot of devs contact them to publish their game for them, or when they buy said devs and assimilate them. In short, when they publish a lot of games, whether it's theirs or they're just publishing for the sake of... yeah.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]