Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: 100 Heroes - A roguelike(like?) in development - v0.15 .exe available  (Read 54029 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Heroes - A roguelike(like?) in development - v0.11 .exe available
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2013, 10:30:29 am »

PTW, this is similar to a Kongregate flash game and Recettear...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2013, 03:50:22 pm »

Which flash game?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2013, 03:52:20 pm »

Which flash game?

The one that plays like a Facebook game... In that you need to collect people to gain an advantage.

lemmily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BatFinchBears
« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2013, 04:09:57 pm »

I heartily enjoyed reccettear, but i felt it lacked something :/ maybe the "adventuring" just got old.
I make furry things - BatFinch Bears

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2013, 08:17:27 am »

I heartily enjoyed reccettear, but i felt it lacked something :/ maybe the "adventuring" just got old.

Yeah, love it to bits, but I can't seem to return to it after a couple of (in game) days playing it.

Suppose it quickly becomes apparent that it's a pretty much a massive grind or something. Lovely game though, lots of character.

I would love to know the name of that Kongregate flash game, if anybody had it to hand.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2013, 08:55:13 am »

Which flash game?
Ah, I tried looking it up in my play history when I first posted about it.  Just remembered part of the name and looked that up.

Swords and Potions
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

lemmily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BatFinchBears
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2013, 06:04:20 pm »

Yeah, love it to bits, but I can't seem to return to it after a couple of (in game) days playing it.

Suppose it quickly becomes apparent that it's a pretty much a massive grind or something. Lovely game though, lots of character.

I would love to know the name of that Kongregate flash game, if anybody had it to hand.

I got really frustrated because I never worked out how to go to a different dungeon so it was really boring doing it over and over. But I was determined to enjoy the game so I did play quite a while. I think discovering the new items/recipes etc was something that I really enjoyed and kept me playing though.

I just tried that swords and potions game. It's yet another free to play/pay to "win"/collect people games. Unfortunately. :(
I make furry things - BatFinch Bears

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2013, 06:10:01 pm »

How about the fact that not only is dungeon diving pointless after the second dungeon... but that ignoring dungeons altogether is the easiest way to earn money.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2013, 03:43:26 am »

A guy who gives out loans, so you don't automatically lose when your goods are worth more than taxes. 
For now, you can Pawn items to the auction house (for a fraction of their value) at any time.

Was an easy addition, should have thought about it before, and hopefully should be a nice stop-gap prior to proper moneylending.

In other news, for those interested, progress is going pretty well to a new release.

Won't look a great deal different, but the hero behaviours are far more intricate, and I'm quite happy with the way it is working generally.

e.g. I set up a scroll shop in town - filled it full of scrolls - and got quite a lot of business from Necromancers, Summoners and Mages swinging buy [sic. heh nice typo] to see what the fuss is all about.

Contracts seem to be working fairly robustly, get generated independently of the player, and dungeons are a little more interesting (was funny reading a hero's log as he repeatedly expressed frustration at being 'lost' in the dungeon ...). I have added a pretty simple 'fixed' feature to each floor level (generated on discovery by a hero) which needs fattening up a bit, but introduces things like trapdoors, traps, 'puzzles', treasure rooms, evil altars etc.

Some of the features also generate 'Rumours' back in town - nothing done here yet but the intention is to allow the rumours to generate 'Special Missions' for adequately equipped heroes.

Monsters don't work either, and balance is all to-cock, but I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Chug chug chugging along ...

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2013, 03:06:52 am »

I think we'll call this a release:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66536185/ahundredheroes015exe.zip <- EXE

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66536185/ahundredheroes015py.zip <- PY SOURCE

Release Notes (Not entirely detailed):

Code: [Select]
v0.15
*Hero AI rewrite, each guild gets different personalities based on Loot, Wealth, Leadership, Balance, Contracts, Glory, Social and Knowledge

*Sales metrics introduced to better inform hero sales decisions, personality based; generally:
-> Balance: Heroes seek out unpopular shops
-> Wealth: Heroes seek out popular shops, lots of sales
-> Loot: Heroes seek out shops, lots of purchases
-> Social: Heroes seek out popular shops, attendance

*Heroes come to town more often if the contract list is well populated (i.e. lots of work available)
*Dungeon crawling logic rewritten based on contracts and personalities
*Phases of operation for heroes should clear up behaviour a little;
*Better transparency for hero decision making in general
*Basis laid for Mayoress, noticeboard, and contracts, implemented in part.
*Some rumours started, but no effects on behaviour yet.
*Contracts moved to a new class, data storage and methods etc.
*Monsters moved to new contract / decision flow system.
*Dungeons expanded slightly, with floor by floor features that can de discovered, with different effects for each feature.
*First pass on game balance for new systems. (might be a bit out - happy to take comments)
*Numpad works where numbers are viable input.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:50:04 am by mendonca »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: 100 Heroes - A roguelike(like?) in development - v0.15 .exe available
« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2013, 07:34:05 am »

Don't put code tags in spoilers. It makes it too tiny to read.

Very cool that you release the source along with each release. I'll take a look when I get home. :)

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2013, 10:52:45 am »

Don't put code tags in spoilers. It makes it too tiny to read.
Ha! So it does ...

Very cool that you release the source along with each release. I'll take a look when I get home. :)

If you have the time, I'd be interested to know your thoughts :)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2013, 05:46:22 pm »

Grabbing it now!

I'll be playing pretty much blind but will let you know what I think.

Edit: First feedback... fixed resolution. The window is incredibly small on my 1080x1920 monitor. Hard to read the font. :)
Edit2: A minor point. When pressing S to add 5 to your bid, I feel like it should set the price at 5 instead of 6. Maybe have the bid default to zero? It adds an extra keypress if I want to bid in multiples of 5 as I have to then subtract the default 1.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 06:00:45 pm by forsaken1111 »

lecavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2013, 07:32:47 pm »

So cool.... especially noticed all the configurablish files in the directories.  I haven't had a chance to play yet, but I'm salivating.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2013, 08:48:03 pm »

For some reason that link isn't working for me.  Is that website down or something?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11