Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many eggs should creatures lay at a time?

Original amounts (chickens 4-15, crocodiles 20-60)
Something in between.
Modest Mod's current amounts (chickens 2-4, crocodiles 4-8)
Fewer than that.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: Modest Mod 2.2 - Under new management  (Read 145078 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Modest Mod 2.1 - Now with graphics support!
« Reply #195 on: December 25, 2012, 03:29:54 pm »

no, it doenst. hauling is a labor, not a skill. Otherwise there would be legendary haulers and such running around. All you can do is leave out the skill, then any nearby dwarf will do it. Your errorlog will also show up with a little complaint, if you use hauling as skill ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 25, 2012, 05:11:23 pm »

I tried to implement it with a [skill:] and with the line completely out, but no empty water bucket shows up when I try to queue a job (using manager screen)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 05:14:31 pm by thistleknot »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #197 on: December 25, 2012, 05:15:20 pm »

Well, which building did you add it to, and did you enable both building and reaction in the entity file ?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 25, 2012, 05:20:50 pm »

I added it to kitchen

reaction_other entry
[REACTION:EMPTY_BUCKET]
   [NAME:empty water bucket]
   [BUILDING:KITCHEN:CUSTOM_E]
   [REAGENT:water:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:WATER:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [REAGENT:water bucket:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [CONTAINS:water]
      [NOT_IMPROVED]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [SKILL:]

I only modded 1 file for it, reaction_other, I'm green to modding this game.  I felt pretty good about myself for implementing the bronze anvil =D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #199 on: December 25, 2012, 05:30:56 pm »

You need [PERMITTED_REACTION:EMPTY_BUCKET] in the entity_default.txt under the dwarven entity for it to be available.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 25, 2012, 05:34:14 pm »

that entity file you referenced doesnt have an entity:dwar* anything, just mountain, hill, forest, etc

nm, it's under mountain
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 05:35:50 pm by thistleknot »

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 09, 2013, 01:43:46 am »

Optional Modules
Rubbless: evaporates worthless layer stone

I'm really glad you made this optional. I don't think I want it.

The Modest Mod is a collection of vital bugfixes and tweaks that everyone should be able to use comfortably and without reservation. This mod doesn't add anything new. It doesn't do anything controversial.

That sounds like a wonderful premise for a mod. I approve.
However...

Reduced clutch size for egg-laying animals

Sounds reasonable, in theory. But reducing chickens from 9.5 average to 3 average and crocodiles 40 average to 6 average is extreem! That would hurt egg food production and it is totally beyond me how this could not be considered controversial. If I use Modest Mod I will have to modify my raws to make it more reasonable because I couldn't live with that.

This adjustment really belongs under Optional Modules. That way, those who really want this could choose Modest Mod's current amounts (or maybe even "something in between").

Stopped pause and recenter on citizen birth and warm/damp walls

I can understand how this can be annoying and/or unwanted to some players. But this should be optional.

Content
-------
* Mussels and oysters now give pearls when you clean them

Awesome!

Gave feathers PEARL and ITEMS_SOFT, so you can use them as if they were pearls

I can understand where this is coming from. Vanilla lacks pearl. And a mood-struck dwarf sometimes (very rarely) needs pearl. But using feathers for pearl? Sounds pretty rediculous to me, especially since you enabled mussels and oysters to give pearls now. So... why? If you *had* to have a pearl substitute as well, why not do that with hooves instead of feathers? Or, better yet, add pearl to a subterranean creature.

My point: It should be considered controversial - hence, optional.

Added a few basic adventurer reactions for making crafts
Spoiler: Under Consideration
More adventurer reactions?

This neither bothers me nor appeals to me. I have not played Adventure Mode very often. Mostly, I find it boring. As such, I'm waiting for Toady to fix and add a bunch more stuff before I could find it interesting enough. However, if I did play Adventure Mode more I probably would approve.

Spoiler: Under Consideration
Add a reaction to empty buckets containing water and/or lye
Improve the sort order of stocks menu

Yes. To both.
I'd like to do both of these.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 01:52:38 am by Thundercraft »

Darchitect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2013, 03:19:31 pm »

Any chance of having these fixes integrated? They're at the bottom of the notes section by user ag.

And thanks for making this!!!!

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=1445

Zakarii

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Enchantress
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 10, 2013, 03:38:15 pm »

Anyway I can get Modest Mod to work with DFHack or are the two incompatible?
The mayor punches The Forgotten Beast in the abdomen with his right hand and the severed part sails off in an arc!

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 11, 2013, 07:23:45 am »

I apllied the mod on top of advanced LNP (one with dfhack) and nothing seems broken.
On Linux, I added dfhack after applying the mod and nothing seems broken either. Mod sometimes crashes during the worldgen though, idk if it's dfhack related and it's a minor thing anyway.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 14, 2013, 04:56:08 pm »

I apllied the mod on top of advanced LNP (one with dfhack) and nothing seems broken.
On Linux, I added dfhack after applying the mod and nothing seems broken either. Mod sometimes crashes during the worldgen though, idk if it's dfhack related and it's a minor thing anyway.

The Modest Mod crashes on me during worldgen as well, and that's without dfhack at all. It's quite annoying, honestly, as it keeps me from generating worlds with long histories for fear of having the whole thing keel over ten minutes in. I should clarify that this occurs for me in Windows 8, x64.

Also, a necromancer just came and resurrected, among other things....the mussel pearl? Hmm. I suppose since they resurrect human skin, it might be alright, but it still seems off to me somehow.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 07:07:53 pm by Taffer »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #206 on: February 14, 2013, 07:57:57 pm »

A mussel pearl is a bodypart, so thats alright, by definition.

What about the crashing... is it the default modest mod, or did you install any of the optional parts? and which tileset ?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 14, 2013, 08:00:51 pm »

Nothing can ever be incompatible with DFHack unless it is specifically designed to be so, which, AFAIK, is pretty much impossible.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 14, 2013, 08:03:18 pm »

A mussel pearl is a bodypart, so thats alright, by definition.

What about the crashing... is it the default modest mod, or did you install any of the optional parts? and which tileset ?

My own tileset, so no modified raws apart from the Modest Mod, and no graphics sets. I use the skill tweaks and pedestal optional addons.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #209 on: February 14, 2013, 08:06:32 pm »

I use the skill tweaks and pedestal optional addons.

These shouldnt affect worldgen at all... there is a multitude of things that can affect worldgen crashes, but I couldnt say what causes it for this mod, since the modifications on the vanilla raws is quite extensive. I tested the modest mod myself quite a bit, but never experienced a crash at worldgen myself.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21