Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many eggs should creatures lay at a time?

Original amounts (chickens 4-15, crocodiles 20-60)
Something in between.
Modest Mod's current amounts (chickens 2-4, crocodiles 4-8)
Fewer than that.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: Modest Mod 2.2 - Under new management  (Read 145081 times)

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modest Mod 2.1 - Now with graphics support!
« Reply #210 on: February 14, 2013, 08:09:29 pm »

I use the skill tweaks and pedestal optional addons.

These shouldnt affect worldgen at all... there is a multitude of things that can affect worldgen crashes, but I couldnt say what causes it for this mod, since the modifications on the vanilla raws is quite extensive. I tested the modest mod myself quite a bit, but never experienced a crash at worldgen myself.

It's been happening for me for a bit now, honestly. I should have reported it. I mentioned Win 8/x64 because I blame the hex edits to the exe, rather than the raws. I took it as a safe assumption that if the mod crashed worldgen for most people, it'd have been noticed sooner.

Symmetry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 05, 2013, 05:31:03 am »

It crashes for me too, win7/64bit.  I tried with the original exe and that also crashed.  I've not had problems with eg. accelerated fortress.

I'll see if I can narrow it down.

Symmetry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 05, 2013, 06:20:54 am »

After reverting entity_default it seems to work.  I guessed this was most likely to affect things as it changes site parameters, and makes elves bandits.
It's possible it just resulted in more deaths and triggered something else though?

Raphite1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Beards and Brimstone
« Reply #213 on: March 07, 2013, 09:49:52 pm »

Excellent mod! I'll probably use this when I start a new fortress.

I'm a bit worried about this one, though:
"Stopped pause and recenter on ... warm/damp walls."

So a dwarf will burrow through warm stone and straight into magma with no warning, even if it's the first warm stone encountered on the map? If so, avoiding a magma breach would require manual checking for every deep tile that miners carve out, which is hardly less tedious than the vanilla situation.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 08, 2013, 12:40:04 am »

So a dwarf will burrow through warm stone and straight into magma with no warning, even if it's the first warm stone encountered on the map? If so, avoiding a magma breach would require manual checking for every deep tile that miners carve out, which is hardly less tedious than the vanilla situation.

No, it'll just cancel without pausing/recentering.

Raphite1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Beards and Brimstone
« Reply #215 on: March 08, 2013, 10:28:03 am »

No, it'll just cancel without pausing/recentering.

Very awesome. May be trying this earlier than I expected, since half a dozen people in my current fort just caught fire and now have some very unhappy friends and family.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 08, 2013, 01:11:58 pm »

I like French Vanilla, gonna use this mod on the next fort.

matskuman5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 21, 2013, 12:27:13 pm »

Can someone help me? I've installed the mod but when i try to start dwarf fortress it says that theres no index file in the data folder. i checked, and there was one.
What am i doing wrong?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #218 on: April 10, 2013, 05:01:09 am »

I know that I am repeating myself, but I thought it would be fitting for this thread as well.

I finally finished the merging of Accelerated DF and Modest Mod. First one helps FPS, second one helps balancing/bugs. Together you have a faster, more balanced and less buggy DF. No gameplay changes. I altered the LNP GUI slightly and included it alongside a handful of utilities and a small readme into the download. I currently support 3 tilesets, Ascii, Phoebus and Ironhand.

Just wanted to leave this information here. :) Mod can be found here
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Domenic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 12, 2013, 11:18:03 am »

My 5 sheeps that i took wit me on embark are keep starving(and dying). I assighned them to big pasture, and they eat grass ( i can see it disappearign) but  they still starve. wiki says 1 sheep need ~4x4 pasture. i have 40x40...
Im using accelerated modest mod package.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 13, 2013, 05:03:07 am »

I found the option for skill rate adjustments a little overpowered.  Here's what they are

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

any suggestions on how to nerf them?  I understand current combat progression is really slow.  I'm debating about either halving them from their current increase from 100% or setting them to a quarter from their current increase from a 100%

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 16, 2013, 04:58:04 pm »

Is this project abandoned? I hope not. With all kudos and respect to Meph, I'm hoping that the "unaccelerated" modest mod continues to be updated.

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 16, 2013, 07:34:20 pm »

The mod's current for 34.11, does it need any updating before the next DF release? I'm very happy with this mod. I think it achieves its goal of being something no-one should object to and limited to obvious and unobjectionable bug fixes and tweaks.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 16, 2013, 07:39:31 pm »

The mod's current for 34.11, does it need any updating before the next DF release? I'm very happy with this mod. I think it achieves its goal of being something no-one should object to and limited to obvious and unobjectionable bug fixes and tweaks.

There's some posted minor additional bug fixes in the thread, some tweaking requests, and a newer version of the DF binaries. I was asking because Igfig hasn't posted in quite a while, or updated the original post. (ie, responded to the poll results)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 07:42:46 pm by Taffer »

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 30, 2013, 01:07:31 am »

i have made a bug fix for the one leather per creature the link is in my sig
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21