Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Minecraft: Nations at War ~~Applications now open~~  (Read 46252 times)

Fiskav

Re: Minecraft: Nations at War ~~Applications now open~~
« Reply #210 on: July 28, 2012, 09:42:35 pm »

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:10:43 am by Fiskav »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 30, 2012, 11:41:13 pm »

If you're looking for a dwarfy nation, Garroudum (or whatever) is filling that niche, I believe. Personally I joined the Mavi, since they're pig-riding nomadic warriors, which is among the best things.

Fiskav

« Reply #212 on: July 31, 2012, 03:35:18 am »

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:09:53 am by Fiskav »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 31, 2012, 04:47:37 am »

Nah, with in-game flavor it wouldn't work at all, since it would probably make things even more hostile and such. But generally the setup is a good one IMO.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 31, 2012, 05:00:25 am »

Taking myself a weeklong break from this server.

Astracarn's shenanigans have pushed me to the breaking point.

I'm not going to elaborate.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 31, 2012, 02:38:56 pm »

It's not vanilla minecraft. :P
Well, not exactly.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Fiskav

« Reply #216 on: August 17, 2012, 05:56:31 pm »

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:08:11 am by Fiskav »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 01, 2012, 10:26:54 pm »

This server looks interesting and all, but I need somebody to make it clear just how awesome it must be, considering its rather draconic application system. Scrolling through the forums filled with "how to get your app accepted" guides, it seems kinda elitist to me. Not at all the "Just be a good chap" thing that was specified earlier in the thread.

EDIT: Looks like Fiskav is on the "Voting Council" which proofs the applicants, so I'll turn the question specifically to him: Why the draconian process? It's not that I think having to whitelist is silly or difficult, and I'll probably end up doing it anyway, but it just seems like a lot of meaningless busywork for everybody involved. This sort of rigorous application process hasn't been in vogue for at least seven or eight years, and it stopped cropping up so often because nobody wanted to do it anymore.

This is a bit less of a concern for you, I realize, but aren't you worried that this sort of thing is going to attract the 16 and under crowd it is clearly meant to dissuade? It looks and feels like a 10th grade social studies project, especially since lots of people are theorizing being denied on grounds of "not having enough lines" in certain sections (one fellow claims there should be fifteen lines in each section, which is probably an exaggeration).

Are there issues in your community where people feel highly entitled for passing the application process? It looks quite a bit like an "exclusive club" from the outside. Such things on the internet often devolve into circle jerks.

This isn't at all a criticism, but it is a curiosity I have before plunging into any lengthy application process. I like roleplaying, but I don't like elitism.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:44:40 pm by Grakelin »
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]