Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Secure beekeeping made easy  (Read 37791 times)

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Secure beekeeping made easy
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2012, 12:24:32 am »

Hm...I don't suppose it's possible to change the venom to magma is it?

Try this:

Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:VENOM:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[ENTERS_BLOOD]
[PREFIX:NONE]

Stung victims bleed to death (fat melting), and then have their bodies burst into flame. This can lead to grass fires and massive death.

Stray Bunny (Tame) has been stung by a honey bee!
The Stray Bunny (Tame) has bled to death.
Awesome.
Quote from: Gerottomo on May 03, 2012, 04:34:11 pm
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

The Giant Bat who decided an axe made a better weapon than claws:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108229.30

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2012, 02:55:42 am »

I think this thread embodies all that is the DF forum. It starts out with a way to protect beekeepers from invaders while they work and ends with a way to make the bees more lethal, probably killing beekeepers by the dozens
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2012, 03:01:18 am »

I think this thread embodies all that is the DF forum. It starts out with a way to protect beekeepers from invaders while they work and ends with a way to make the bees more lethal, probably killing beekeepers by the dozens
If just one of Urist Da Vinci's bees sting someone in the meeting zone somehow, shit will go down.
That should be a new type of project, making a rug design in dwarf fortress (With accurate coloring)
"And so, after many deaths and much sacrifice, someone turned their fortress into a fully functioning self aware carpet that actively sought after sources of fresh blood."

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2012, 04:07:10 am »

I think it's better to do with bee interactions and make dwarfs immune to it. Though with stone venom i am not sure if it will help:)

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2012, 09:46:00 am »

We could always just give them that [immolate] tag. Would that work on vermin?

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2012, 12:00:40 pm »

Edit: awesome. Butchering them provides basalt, so if I allow them to breed I can have a bee farm that provides raw basalt, glob form at the moment though. Need to test combat cababilities, at the moment they are just tame pets.

Complete beekeeping newb here: bees are butcherable?  How do you accomplish this?

EDIT:

« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:54:17 am by Xen0n »

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2012, 12:17:50 pm »

Speaking of which, did anyone do any science about how viable bees are for keeping a fortress fed?
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2012, 02:10:02 am »

Now, would the immune tag make it so that dwarves dont burst into flames? Does it nullkify the effects of the injection? that's the real question. If so, we have created a genetically engineered INTRAVENOUS MAGMA DELIVERY SYSTEM AND THAT WOULD BE PERFECT.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Morpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2012, 02:15:20 am »

Edit: awesome. Butchering them provides basalt, so if I allow them to breed I can have a bee farm that provides raw basalt, glob form at the moment though. Need to test combat cababilities, at the moment they are just tame pets.

Complete beekeeping newb here: bees are butcherable?  How do you accomplish this?

EDIT:

Honestly, I don't even remember which tag it was. I took a few from the magma crabs and then added some from the list of tags on the wiki. I didn't get any more basalt but it had to have  come from them at some point since you don't get basalt globs on a raw embark. Suspect it could of been them activating the magma crab molten rock launcher, but didn't see any log data for it. Butchering was happening though.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]