Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: 68yo old ex-marine shot by police in home.  (Read 19535 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 68yo old retired marine shot by police in home.
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 09:05:36 am »

You also must consider the marine's mindset. They are not exactly known for the whole "cowering in fear while being beaten and shocked half-to-death" thing that cops prefer from the public.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: 68yo old ex-marine shot by police in home.
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 09:36:09 am »

This isn't even a case of police responding to a crime or complaint and things going ape shit insane. They showed up following an ambulance to a medical alert system automated call. There was no reason for such a large group of police to arrive at his home. They had no reason to force their way into this mans home. They had no reason to begin assaulting this man. I know I am a middle class white man, so I have fairly little to fear from the police. But I don't trust or respect them. They have become nothing more than sanctioned thugs.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 09:55:28 am »

Aye, if there is no respect or order in the system, everything fails.

I know some damn-good cops, but my family also knows a fair amount of crooked cops. Its safe to say around here, crooked to damn-good is a ratio of 9 to 1, and that's being generous.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 10:01:31 am »

And then theres a whole lot who are neither - generally incompetent, generally honest, generally lazy cops who just want to look good in front of their fellow cops...

They reflect the people they are surrounded by, so the moment the "bad" cops outnumber the "good" cops...

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 10:03:30 am »

And then theres a whole lot who are neither - generally incompetent, generally honest, generally lazy cops who just want to look good in front of their fellow cops...

They reflect the people they are surrounded by, so the moment the "bad" cops outnumber the "good" cops...

The 'Herd' syndrome kicks in, the all-too-well-known wave effect of peer pressure and cultural expression.

Suddenly, everyone thinks its okay to kill an innocent retired man who, if there WAS an emergency, would have been in a fragile state in the first place.

Friggin' idiots...
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 10:06:28 am »

Dispatch: Medical emergency, boys!  Shoot to kill!

Seriously, why would they even consider shooting the guy with anything if called for medical reasons?  It doesn't sound like he posed a threat to anyone at the point they started shooting him.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 10:08:40 am »

Precisely.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 10:14:19 am »

See, this is why the majority of police in the UK aren't allowed to carry firearms. Neither are the majority of the people. It tends to work out quite well...also the standard police get-up makes them all look like bloody tanks because of the stab vests that are given out as standard.

Also from what I've heard the "crooked" UK cops, at least at the lower levels, (and at least 20 years ago when my grandfather retired, times may have been a-changing since then or he may just be lying) are usually less "gun-ho and pay-off" and more "Look, I know he did it and I know we can't get a confession and he knows something important. Turn off the cameras and give me ten minutes alone with him". Obviously some are still gonna be gun-ho or in someone's pocket, human nature. Not that this is better, but perhaps more understandable.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:20:44 am by MorleyDev »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2012, 10:17:11 am »

What goes around comes around?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 10:43:23 am »

Honestly I sort of want to know what exactly he even did to get the police to start shooting.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 10:44:48 am »

I want to know why they even sent cops at all. It's a medical call. Just send the EMTs alone.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 10:48:48 am »

Honestly I sort of want to know what exactly he even did to get the police to start shooting.
He didn't lie face down and confess to a bunch of unsolved crimes?  ::)

In non-snarky, hardly coherent response to this (again): FUCK! FUCKING FUCKITY FUCK, YOU INCOMPETENT MURDERING FUCKS!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2012, 11:31:34 am »

That's beyond stupid. Why are these pathetic excuses for men even allowed to wield a fire arm.
I know it's a big world and a lot of messed up stuff happens all the time but this just defies any rational thought, or hell any humane thought.
I don't even mean the senseless brutality, just the immense stupidity.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2012, 12:06:07 pm »

Did you read the entire article? The police say he came at them with a knife after they shouted at him and broke into his apartment.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 12:13:11 pm »

Did you read the entire article? The police say he came at them with a knife after they shouted at him and broke into his apartment.

Actually, it said he went for the knife after they tazered and beanbagged him.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11