Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.07 Released  (Read 95490 times)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.34.07 Released
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2012, 04:10:02 pm »

Oh quick question, can vampires still get strange moods or go insane for whatever reason?

I think vampires are permanently happy, so no tantrum, but they can certainly go insane from a failed mood and don't even feed anymore. que eternal madman
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2012, 04:10:47 pm »

Oh quick question, can vampires still get strange moods or go insane for whatever reason?

I think vampires are permanently happy, so no tantrum, but they can certainly go insane from a failed mood and don't even feed anymore. que eternal madman
Want
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

terko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2012, 05:15:18 pm »

So ... in the upcoming changes we may see Miners that do not run in large circles to mine away the next block? Sounds promising :).
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2012, 05:36:21 pm »

So ... in the upcoming changes we may see Miners that do not run in large circles to mine away the next block? Sounds promising :).

As far as I know, that isn't something that Toady's mentioned.  What makes you think that?

terko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2012, 06:00:17 pm »

As far as I know, that isn't something that Toady's mentioned.  What makes you think that?

AI changes in hauling, that's something I assign with mining in general since it may include pathfinding. Maybe not, we'll see.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2012, 08:22:58 pm »

Yeah, that's possible.  Smarter hauling AI could definitely have implications for jobs in general. 

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2012, 01:45:14 am »

AI changes in hauling, that's something I assign with mining in general since it may include pathfinding. Maybe not, we'll see.
hauling is not mining... :/
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2012, 02:41:48 am »

Wasn't one of the changes planned to mak e dwarfs haul more than one item if it was light? like taking 3 rock mugs instead of 1?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2012, 02:49:31 am »

Wasn't one of the changes planned to mak e dwarfs haul more than one item if it was light? like taking 3 rock mugs instead of 1?
As posted on the previous page, yes.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2012, 02:13:30 pm »

Dwarves getting smarter means dwarves getting stupider. Mark my words.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2012, 05:38:26 am »

It's weird, I'm not able to find results for Flux with the site finder at all. Neither positive nor negative. It acts like the search is broken. Steps to reproduce: Search for just flux.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2012, 05:58:08 am »

It's weird, I'm not able to find results for Flux with the site finder at all. Neither positive nor negative. It acts like the search is broken. Steps to reproduce: Search for just flux.

Please upload savegame to http://dffd.wimbli.com/ and post link in this bug report: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5732
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2012, 09:54:58 am »

I posted it there. I wasn't even sure if that thing was checked any more by the developers.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2012, 10:24:39 am »

I posted it there. I wasn't even sure if that thing was checked any more by the developers.
*COUGH*

Fortport

• Bay Watcher
  • Modest expedition leader.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2012, 11:06:38 am »

Nice update. Looking forward to the next!
MIIIIGRAAAAAANTS!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11