Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is the worst bug in DF? (69 of 729 fixed - 9%)

[part of children bugs squashed] Bug #535: Equipping weapons/armor on military is erratic
- 73 (10%)
Bug #1582: Injured dwarf in bed in stocked hospital ignored by idle doctors and #94: Injured dwarves not recovered
- 63 (8.6%)
Bug #2712: weapons, especially whips, cut through steel armor like butter
- 35 (4.8%)
Bug #1451: Military equipment interferes with civilian equipment (picks/axes/crossbows/quivers)
- 34 (4.7%)
Bug #5097:  Names overwriting text with TrueType
- 24 (3.3%)
[FIXED] Bug #5232: Streams/brooks/rivers getting turned stagnant by nearby pools/ponds
- 48 (6.6%)
Bug #296: Pools/smears/spatters of blood, dust and other materials multiply themselves, get tracked around too much
- 22 (3%)
Bug #2922: Population Cap not working
- 39 (5.3%)
Bug #5312: Undead reanimate too quickly (and forever)
- 62 (8.5%)
Bug #2780: Turtles went extinct on my map (applies to all aquatic vermin)
- 26 (3.6%)
Bug #33: Bronze colossus, skeletal creatures, fleshballs, and others are impossible to kill
- 13 (1.8%)
Bug #3898: Entire Bone Stacks are used in Reactions instead of a single Bone
- 12 (1.6%)
Bug #5611: Cities overwhelmingly build textile industry shops, almost never wood, stone, or metal-related shops - results in nearly no weapons/armor for sale.
- 22 (3%)
Bug #5263: Abandoned shops not reclaimed - Older towns are almost entirely abandoned in spite of Legends listing population in thousands
- 17 (2.3%)
Bug #2327: Blunt weapons extremely ineffective, extended single combat with groundhog
- 12 (1.6%)
Bug #4552: Siegers waiting by bodies of dead leaders
- 16 (2.2%)
Bug #136 When embarking on large area, DF hits 2GB memory limit and crashes
- 16 (2.2%)
Bug #412: Nobles job priority is weird (trading, diagnose, talking with liaison and attend meeting jobs have extremely low priority)
- 32 (4.4%)
bug #4230 - bucket with water inside becomes unusable
- 5 (0.7%)
Bug #4550: Dodging into river/lava/from cliff etc
- 2 (0.3%)
Bug #4590: Unarmored creatures give in to pain too easily - Elephant killed by three hoary marmots when elephant gives in to pain from nibbling
- 7 (1%)
Bug #5106: Slain bandits/companions respawn/duplicate in their original location
- 7 (1%)
Bug #425: Dwarves Not Cleaning Blood
- 25 (3.4%)
[FIXED] Bug #1376: Presence of saltwater marsh causes mountain brooks/pools to become salty
- 4 (0.5%)
Bug #3685: Goblin squads invading a fortress will kill their non-goblin squadmates, sparking loyalty cascade
- 6 (0.8%)
Bugs #287 & #3147: Medical Dwarfs prefer using non-hospital stockpiles than hospital stocks
- 7 (1%)
Bug #5598: Town shops/cabinets contain human-sized clothes regardless of size of actual residents
- 6 (0.8%)
Bug #3015: Invader/sieger mounts flee combat, preventing their riders from fighting (worse with [FLIER] tag)
- 5 (0.7%)
Bug #1346: Adamantine thread used for suturing.
- 11 (1.5%)
Bug #3169: Bone carvers suffer art defacement when somebody leaves the map with stuck-in masterpiece bolts
- 6 (0.8%)
Bug #874: Dwarves refuse to butcher some corpses (buzzards in particular)
- 3 (0.4%)
Bug #4430: Large gems not moved to stockpile
- 9 (1.2%)
Bug #3981: Dwarf with "Installing Colony in Hive" Job stuck in middle of nowhere.
- 18 (2.5%)
Bug #5102: Sewers inhabitants hanging out underwater near outflows (some of them stuck to walls)
- 4 (0.5%)
Bug #4299: Some events can't be zoomed to (from announcements menu) even though they have a definite location
- 23 (3.2%)
Bug #3190: Long Patrol Negative Thoughts seem to escalate, even with long break.
- 15 (2.1%)
Bug #434: Reaction jobs (unlike other jobs) don't look outside burrow for workers and raw materials (works through manager)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 725

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: The worst bug - 34.07-10 poll  (Read 62776 times)

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
Re: The worst bug - 34.07-10 poll
« Reply #150 on: June 02, 2012, 04:23:18 am »

I am not sure, as Toady is still (I hope) planning to crush new bugs.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2012, 06:47:10 am »

the worst bug (for me) is the children clothing tantrum bug, but I cant see it on the list.

M_So

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 02, 2012, 06:34:15 pm »

I took out a 200 goblin siege with 6 cave dragons, flying mounts (giant bats) and trolls (only loosing about 12 dwarfs) but I had to give up the fort thanks to a legendary ambusher necromancer bringing back the same 3 goblins over and over and over...

Worst bug is Bug #5312 in my books.  :-\
Your fortress lived happily ever after. A winner is you!
Press Enter to close window...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 03, 2012, 01:30:37 am »

I took out a 200 goblin siege with 6 cave dragons, flying mounts (giant bats) and trolls (only loosing about 12 dwarfs) but I had to give up the fort thanks to a legendary ambusher necromancer bringing back the same 3 goblins over and over and over...

Worst bug is Bug #5312 in my books.  :-\

Actually the necromancers' raise ability isn't controlled by regional raise interactions in evil biomes. Necromancers can use their power almost every turn, and raise a vast amount of zombies in one use of it.

The highlighted tags are important when considering an interaction's ability to target items to apply an effect to.
1) LINE_OF_SITE in the TARGET string designates that target A can only be chosen from what the AI has LOS to. Adventurers ALWAYS operate under LOS because the player is unable to do anytihng outside their LOS or through a wall, but if an NPC got a hold of an interaction that didn't require LOS they'd drive you bonkers with it and murder you through walls. (because they're cheating bastards)
2) TARGET_RANGE defines how many tiles away a target can be to be valid. Dunno if it includes the tile the caster is standing on or begins with one of the 8 tiles around them.
3) WAIT_PERIOD is the tag that is creating the problem for you with necromancers. 10 is a ridiculously small value. Testing in the arena with my own modded interactions, a value of 50 lets one use it about every 2-3 turns. Necromancers are severely overpowered because they can use this interaction every single turn.

4) Not included in the necromancer raws and the second biggest problem with them is the lack of the MAX_TARGET_NUMBER tag. Implying that the AI can instantaneously select and raise an ungodly number of corpses all at once, if not entirely infinite (I'm sure there's a number big enough the game just can't track it anymore.) Hell, they could raise a literal ocean of bones. The player can do this too, but you'd get cramps trying to select every last one whereas the AI has no such physical limitation. :P

So, if Toady would just reconsider how often and how many corpses a necromancer can raise, all would be well and you would have a decent chance of surviving against them.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:33:13 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2012, 09:47:44 pm »

the worst bug (for me) is the children clothing tantrum bug, but I cant see it on the list.

06/03/2012 Toady One More fixes.

handled child clothing thoughts, hopefully for real this time

there you go =P

I personally like:

made soldiers eat from backpacks/drink from waterskins earlier
made dwarves pickup items in a more responsible order for armor layering
added indication for assigned items in specific item list for military equipment

Now we just need some more hospital fixes and *my* personal list of irritating bugs will be much smaller.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2012, 11:45:23 pm »

My personal bug list already got much smaller:
- made dwarves pickup items in a more responsible order for armor layering (Bug 4932)
- added indication for assigned items in specific item list for military equipment (Bug 5485)

I even created both of these bug reports!
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 04, 2012, 01:05:24 am »

Yep...those were major for me...now docs need tweaked so people don't die from them just doing nothing while they bleed to death.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2012, 02:57:01 am »

It seems that the bugfixing phase is finished :(

Therefore I will start a new poll (BTW, with a new account - Bulwersator)
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]