Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Santorum called Obama a nig- on television  (Read 54056 times)

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Re: Santorum called Obama a nig- on television
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2012, 09:54:29 pm »

The real question is, why he doesn't know it's origin, who also knowing what it means.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2012, 09:56:33 pm »

I'm still astounded that a man whose name has so few degrees of separation from Dick Buttfroth got this far in a presidential candidacy race.
You're telling me you don't know that the "buttfroth" definition was invented during the campaign in order to make him look silly?
Actually that whole redefinition happened years ago and it was the number one search result for santorum up until a few months ago when he started to surge. I'm not surprised that someone didn't know it was named for this Santorum, especially since Blarg doesn't live in the US.
Yeah, didn't it show up in 2007?

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2012, 10:04:40 pm »

Only in Bay12 will you see people quasi-seriously discussing the origins of the word "buttfroth".
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2012, 10:13:28 pm »

Only in Bay12 will you see people quasi-seriously discussing the origins of the word "buttfroth".

Nono, the word is "santorum". We're just discussing it's dictionary usage to mean "buttfroth".

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2012, 10:30:44 pm »

And only on Bay12 can you have a quasi-serious discussion about it. :P
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2012, 10:45:26 pm »

So... Santorum was the one to manage that stumble, not Perry when he was in.

I am surprise.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2012, 11:13:20 pm »

I have a question, why are we defending the man who siad that kids should not go to college because it would make them unChirstian and evil?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2012, 11:14:35 pm »

Because everyone deserves a reasonable benefit of the doubt.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2012, 11:15:41 pm »

@mcclay
Because that's entirely irrelevant. When someone does or says one bad thing, it doesn't mean that every other bad thing they are accused of doing or saying is immediately true.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2012, 11:16:17 pm »

I have a question, why are we defending the man who siad that kids should not go to college because it would make them unChirstian and evil?

So, if someone says something we disagree with they're automatically guilty of anything we decide that they might possible be guilty of?

FakeEdit: Dang ninjas.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2012, 11:29:25 pm »

His whole campaign is like watching a slow motion train wreck on a thousand ultra high definition monitors from every possible angle.
In that you wonder just how he got made conductor, and what sort of insanity must grip the people who put him there. And then, a few minutes later as you're getting on with your day, you wonder who thought this deserved the attention of all those cameras, and realize that, tautologically, being considered so newsworthy made it that newsworthy. And then you despair, forever.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2012, 11:40:50 pm »

I am saying that because he has a rediclous track record of saying things like my example so why is this time any diffrent.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2012, 11:42:15 pm »

I wonder if this will cause Santorum to re-examine his views on teleprompters?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2012, 11:50:08 pm »

I am saying that because he has a rediclous track record of saying things like my example so why is this time any diffrent.
You specifically asked why people were "defending" him. And we responded why.

Is it horribly surprising if he meant what people are assuming he slipped? Not really. But it IS ambiguous (well some people think it is) whether he did mean it or it was an unfortunate mistake. So of course people are going to discuss what actually happened. In the face of ambiguity, you can't assume the worst just because you don't like other, completely irrelevant things they said. That's a non-sequitur.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2012, 12:01:06 am »

I messed up my statment in my head, I apolgize for rambling inchoerently.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10