Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 949471 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Minecraft - Mods Thread
« on: March 30, 2012, 02:35:44 pm »

Woo~ This thread is for discussing and asking for help with the plethora of Minecraft mods out there.

IMPACT!

"What mods?" I hear you ask, well simply scroll down a bit :D

The Mods

Redpower by Eloraam - A mod which adds many one tile RS logic gates, and also machinery and tube networks. Also frames, which are basically the best thing ever [1.4.7]

Industrial Craft by Alblaka - A mod which brings minecraft into the modern age, adding many industrial machines and processes [1.4.7]

Buildcraft by Krapht & Sir Sengir - A mod which adds in an extensive network of piping, to enable the player to bring more automation to their world than ever before [1.4.7]

Forestry by SirSengir - A mod which adds a large amount of automated farming content, as well as a rather interesting bee breeding system and, more recently, mail and trade systems. It doesn't require Buildcraft to play, but the experience is better with Buildcraft installed. [1.4.7]

Thermal Expansion by KingLemmingCoFH - This mod adds several Buildcraft machines which, in the simplest sense, emulate Industrialcraft machines. It also features a very neat modular system for inputs and outputs. It also features methods of creating lava and water. As well as a self contained cobble/smoothstone/obsidian farm. [1.4.7]

Buildcraft Advanced Power Systems by dAkshEN3 and Cybrshdw - I haven't messed extensively with this mod, but it largely focuses on adding several new methods of generating power to Buildcraft. It also features methods of fabricating lava, and converting it into useful materials.

Thaumcraft 3 by Azanor - A mod which adds a world of magic, shrouded in mystery and eldritch knowledge which no Steve or Testificate was ever meant to lay eyes on [1.4.7]

Equivalent Exchange 3 by Pahimar - Currently being extensively rewritten. Has the old school transmutations from EE1 [1.4.7]

Millenaire by Kinniken - A mod which adds several civilizations to Minecraftia, who will build up villages around the land, trading, and possibly fighting, with the player. [1.4.7]

RailCraft by CovertJaguar - This mod adds many new rails and carts, allowing all your wildest dreams to come true, assuming you dream about minecarts [1.4.7]

Traincraft - By.. Well, Traincraft. - Adds in a whole mess of trains and other goodies. [1.4.7]

Steve's Carts by Vswe - Also adds several new cart types, meshes very well with Railcraft [1.4.7]

Computercraft by dan200 - Adds in lua based computers which can be programmed to do a variety of redstone related tasks. Also adds turtles, which allow you to write programs to mine, build and maybe even.. DANCE! <('.'<) (>'.')> (^'.')> <('.'^) [1.4.7]

Mystcraft by XCompWiz - This mod adds special craftable books which can bring you to different ages, a-la the Myst series of games, also adds linking books, which can be used to teleport betwixt the various ages you create. [1.4.7]

Terra Firma Craft by Bioxx - This mod changes a vast amount of things about the base game, so for full info, refer to it's thread, but I'll say here, Dwarf Fortress players should feel right at home with this bad boy ;) [1.4.7]

Immibis's mods by Immibis - Adds a variety of things related to other mods.

Thirst Mod by tarun1998 - This nifty little mod adds in a thirst system to Minecraft, as well as several new methods of obtaining drink. Any player can squat in a pool and take a drink, but those concerned for their health will find it much better to boil water first, or perhaps have a glass of tasty juice! [1.4.7]

Not Enough Items by Chickenbones - Adds in many, many useful, if somewhat cheaty, features. Allows item spawning, with a searchable list of items, allows you to change the time, weather and swap between creative and survival mode. Also has an incredibly useful recipe feature, which allows you to view the recipe of an item by pressing 'R' whilst hovering over it, or view all recipes the item is used in by pressing 'U' whilst hovering over the item. [1.4.7]

Smart Moving by Divisor - This mod allows you to do all sorts of amazing movement stuff, climbing up ledges via gaps, swan diving, actual swimming, really. Just watch the video. [1.4.7]

Treefeller by kingjpc This mod allows you to cut down any logs above or level with the one you chop in one go. It also allows you to define which items count as axes, and which blocks count as trees. [1.4.7]

Stuff below this is probably out of date

The Metamods
These mods focus more on the metagame aspect, via adding custom recipes or making timelapses easier.

Multishot Timelapse Mod by Reschs - A mod which allows players to set up a camera to take screenshots over time, for the purposes of making timelapse videos [1.2.3]

Camera Studio by Sushen - A mod which allows you to take cinematic control of your world, useful for any aspiring filmmakers

Custom Stuff Mod by CubeX2 - This mod allows you to add your own custom recipes, blocks, items and all that good stuff, with comparitive ease. Great for people who want to give the game their own flair without the hassle of decompiling and recompiling.

The APIs
These are the APIs required by nearly every mod listed, they enable them to work together in glorious harmony.

Minecraft Forge by Spacetoad, Eloraam, LexManos, and everyone else - The thing that makes everything possible [1.4.2]

Texture Packs
Faithful 32x32 by Vattic - A HD texture pack which attempts to maintain the graphical style of Minecraft, also contains support for many mods. [1.2.5] (HD patcher required)

NP Smooth by Nuttyprot - Contains compatibility for many mods. (HD patcher required)

Sphax Pure BD Craft by Sphax84 and it's Addons - Adds a very nice comic book sort of feel to minecraft, the mod textures are 128 by default, so a decent graphics card is reccommended.
The Technic Pack
The Technic pack is, as the name implies, a modpack. In actuality, it consists of 2 parts, Tekkit - The Multiplayer Pack and Technic- The Singleplayer. All mods are downloaded and installed automatically via a launcher, making the usage of the pack simplicity itself. Also I'm a member of the Technic Team, so there's that :P

Clicky the poster for the link.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:17:07 am by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - Major Mods Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 02:40:31 pm »

I use all of these. At the same time.

I also use Railcraft, which adds in a lot of new carts and track options as well as large multi-tile machines and Steve's Carts which adds in intelligent cargo management for carts and some other options, like semi-autonomous carts which perform jobs.

Also when I make the next iteration of my modpack I'll link it here I suppose.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 02:45:11 pm »

I guess this thread can serve well as a centralized repo for people to download all the mods we're always discussing as well. I'll update the OP with version numbers now as well, probably should have done that first.
*Hugs*

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 02:46:11 pm »

tl;dr Technic pack

FOR MORE MODS THAN YOU EVER NEED!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 02:49:40 pm »

I'll be adding links to modpacks once I've done a bit more research on them.
*Hugs*

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 02:49:49 pm »

No Millenaire?  But it's so lovely!

Also, bookmods make me happy in the pants. I like to use them for language learning.  8)
I used to use wurstkniftes', but I don't think that mod has been updated for the newer versions.
I'm actually tempted to use the tomes mod, but I'm kinda burnt out on Minecraft.

I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 02:52:09 pm »

Oh! Oh! How about perhaps possibly some SDK stuff? Though, it might cause some compatibility problems possibly.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 02:53:06 pm »

tl;dr Technic pack

FOR MORE MODS THAN YOU EVER NEED!
Meh, some of the crap in technic is a bit silly.

For the OP: NEI is a great inventory manager, much like TMI but it will show recipes for items and is searchable by name.

Tomes mod is also very nice. Adds writable books and placable lecterns which you can place books on.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 02:54:59 pm »

I'm starting to think I should have reserved a second post now.
*Hugs*

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 02:55:12 pm »

You misspelled Thaumcraft there in the OP.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 02:55:35 pm »

I'm starting to think I should have reserved a second post now.
If you run over the first post i'll put the overflow in mine. :)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 03:02:38 pm »

Hahahaha, You think you only needed 1 post? You think 2 will be enough? You basically just chained yourself to Bay12s obsession with Minecraft Mods in which everyone has a mod they think is big and everyone has a different one. You should have reserved at least 5 posts for this. I hate to say it but another reason why no one has made a thread for minecraft mods is because there are too many. The Minecraft forum isn't enough to contain all the mods and no single thread will ever stand up long to the barrage of mods that will pour in.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 03:05:34 pm »

Well then I'll just have to be picky :P
I'm not going to add every single mod that ever existed for Minecraft.

Also, the vast majority of us are using the same mods anyway.
*Hugs*

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 05:55:11 pm »

I want to know, Technic has NEI. NEI says it has a cheat mode that I can use to fuck around with. But this does not seem to be the case. I cannot change to cheat mode in NEI and Extra Cheats won't give me the "Extra Cheats". Can someone explain this?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 05:55:56 pm »

Go into your .techniclauncher folder, go into technicssp, go to the config folder, go down to NEI and change lock_recipe_mode:true to false
*Hugs*
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 326