Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 949553 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #2835 on: August 31, 2012, 06:38:46 am »

Thats a pretty accurate description of the minecraft community in general.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2836 on: August 31, 2012, 07:18:41 am »

Ostrich farm plans ...

Assuming ostriches are too tall to fit in a 1-block hole, set a few ostriches in an area with water flowing towards that hole. When they lay eggs, they'd move into that hole. The water leads to a short drop, then to dry land. After the eggs hatch into ostriches, they'd eventually randomly wander into a water source that flows towards a ledge and therefore leaving some dry land behind. They are swept into some matter of killing device, then their meat is collected by a transposer or an obsidian pipe and into a chest.

The problems here are (1) ostriches might not be more than 1 high, (2) I have no idea what killing device to use. D:

I suppose dispensers are ideal, but there's the problem of how to make the dispensers dispense arrows, and the fact that having arrows be depleted makes sustaining the farm bothersome, though feathers would be supplied aplenty. I think a drop can work too; not sure if monsters still drop items if they die by gravity. Another way could be the traditional lava blade: again, not sure if it's reliable ... Careful timing and application of an igniter could also work ...

Are there any holes in this plan, or any other killing methods? xD I plan on trying to build this maybe tomorrow.

I use Technic, by the way.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: August 31, 2012, 09:46:24 am »

Igniters and timers are your best bet.  If you flick an igniter on briefly, it will set a mob on fire, and they will continue to take fire damage even after the igniter has gone off.  There's a pig farm on Forsaken's server that uses igniters to kill pigs and harvest cooked meat.

You can link the igniter to a timer, so it will flick on every X seconds, but I'd probably put it on a whole day timer.  Utilize the light sensor, so that the igniter will only activate once per day, preferably at sunset.  You could also tie a counter in, so that it would only ignite every 3 days, or whatever.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2838 on: August 31, 2012, 09:51:31 am »

Light sensor hooked to a pulse former should do it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: August 31, 2012, 12:22:26 pm »

Is there a sunglasses mod for minecraft?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2840 on: August 31, 2012, 12:35:41 pm »

Is there a sunglasses mod for minecraft?
not one that is up to date, that I know of. There was one for 1.8.1 IIRC

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2841 on: August 31, 2012, 12:36:22 pm »

Who needs sunglasses when you have superadvanced nano helmets that show you the EU traveling through wires 'n shit.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: August 31, 2012, 12:42:16 pm »

Quote from: Skyrunner
I think a drop can work too; not sure if monsters still drop items if they die by gravity.
Mobs do indeed drop stuff when killed by gravity. That's the whole point of my monster spawner :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: August 31, 2012, 12:59:22 pm »

Note that I think falling doesn't give rare drops -- just the typical ones.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: August 31, 2012, 01:00:29 pm »

What are "rare drops"?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2845 on: August 31, 2012, 01:01:53 pm »

Zombies drop iron tools and armour from time to time, I got me a shovel just 20 minutes ago. But they need to die by your hand, not from fall damage or sunlight or w/e
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2846 on: August 31, 2012, 06:20:10 pm »

igniters

Do you think the method I used before on a pig farm would work? The animals drop through a lava blade. Sets them on fire and deals extra damage, then they take fall damage at the end...

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: August 31, 2012, 07:19:24 pm »

It would probably work, but I wouldn't use a very long fall.  You want them to die of burn injuries, not crushed bones.  Still, igniters run a lot smoother than lava blades, and you've already got all the mods to do it anyways.  Get industrialized!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: August 31, 2012, 08:29:09 pm »

Fuck yeah! VISIBLE PROGRESS

Spoiler: SCREENIES (click to show/hide)

Wrote a short furnace test using my previously mentioned crapload of wrappers, subclasses and constructors. That makes a hell of a difference: This furnace's personal code space is only about 10% of the vanilla furnace's code space.

The hardest part is done now. Bring on all the other hardest parts.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2849 on: August 31, 2012, 08:35:01 pm »

:D

Go go really industrial craft! xD (*waves*)

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 326