Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 949544 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #2895 on: September 14, 2012, 06:58:15 am »

If you have only one item source, you can add a route back there using a restriction tube. If you have multiple sources, you can put them back using a system of filters behind the restriction tube.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2896 on: September 14, 2012, 07:07:10 am »

What I need is something that lets me have unneeded items go back where they came from. From what I have seen I don't think you can without colors but I was hoping someone knew how to do it.
You could make the closest next inventory a buffer chest which feeds items back into the system when possible.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2897 on: September 15, 2012, 01:08:41 am »

I think it might be easier to get help if you can see what I am trying to do. I (attempted) to make a short  (if you can call ten minutes that) video of what I am making (banging my head against a wall) for the past week or more (unspecific cause I forget). Anyway here is a link to the video I ended up with
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: September 16, 2012, 06:32:50 am »

is there any particular reason for doing it with RP?

because logistic pipes are loads better for that kind of complex setup (but have many limits: only single player, only 1.2.x)

edit, scratch that, it seems they have something: https://github.com/RS485/LogisticsPipes/downloads

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2899 on: September 16, 2012, 06:42:27 am »

Because I wanted to use RP for it? Really its because I was going to implement it in Forsaken's Server with all the mods but honestly with Logistics Pipes its less of a how and more of a just doing it. With this RP build it takes some actual work to get running and once I manage to complete it the feeling of accomplishment will be that much greater.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: September 16, 2012, 06:45:19 am »

mayby you could add some chests as buffer? Or slow down your machine?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2901 on: September 16, 2012, 06:52:28 am »

I had it fast for testing purposes, even when I had it going slow enough to always let any item get from where it was to any other part of the machine it still backed up. The problem is the difference in what needs to go where. For every finished product some autocrafters have to make thousands of things while others may only need to make one or two items but because its a passive receive system they still get items and still craft so while I only need a single energy crystal I still get more. If the crystals could only backup into the place they came from then no problem. That they generally end up in a different spot means that it jams something that probably needs to make more then one thing. As for chests its a thought though at that point buffers may be better but I want the system to backup in a specific way. IE I don't need twenty thousand wood but if left to itself with the ability to push it through to somewhere the machine would gladly make that much and more. I think in the end I will probably have to do something tricky with how I organize the crafting so I can use the color coding to its fullest.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: September 16, 2012, 10:43:34 am »

Has anybody here got their heads around the new IndustrialCraft nuclear reactors?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: September 16, 2012, 10:57:24 am »

I like the way you say "new" like that.

Basic rundown:
Every fuel cell will trigger a tick, and generate energy and heat.
Every cooling cell, as well as the reactor itself, will remove heat over time.
Every fuel cell that is adjacent to another fuel cell will generate +1 energy for no extra heat.

1 Cell produces 1 tick of energy and 1 tick of heat.  2 Cells produce 2 ticks of energy and 2 ticks of heat.  2 Cells placed next to each other produce 3 ticks of energy and 2 ticks of heat.  4 Cells in a square will produce 8 ticks of energy and 4 of heat.  5 cells in a + shape will produce 9 ticks of energy and 5 ticks of heat.

You can produce vast amounts of energy by putting cells next to each other, but they only share heat to adjacent cooling tools, so the more fuel cells are together the less heat reduction you can manage.  The IC2 forums has a sticky thread of good reactor designs, from stable, to "stable but needs to cool down after all the fuel is used" to "it has to cool down mid-cycle".

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: September 16, 2012, 11:32:05 am »

here, get a hang of it using the reactor simulator:
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reactorplanner.html

(requires java)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2905 on: September 16, 2012, 12:07:46 pm »

(requires java)

I don't know how anyone who has minecraft doesn't have java though...

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: September 16, 2012, 12:08:34 pm »

(requires java)

I don't know how anyone who has minecraft doesn't have java though...

good point.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: September 16, 2012, 12:17:03 pm »

Girlin, I was talking about the new 1.3.2 version of Nuclear Reactors. Different to the ones from 1.2.5.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: September 16, 2012, 01:33:40 pm »

Girlin, I was talking about the new 1.3.2 version of Nuclear Reactors. Different to the ones from 1.2.5.

Yeah, seriously guys, try to keep up! 8)

Helpful forum post

Major changes seem to include:
-Reactor is no longer affected by outside blocks (water, lava) for cooling or heating.
-Redstone signal turns it on, instead of off. So the default now is off.
-More kinds of components (2x, 3x, 4x uranium cells, also some sort of enhancer called neutron something, which makes uranium cells more EU efficient).
-Simpler recipe.
-Nukesplosion is now poisonous (radioactive?).
-Maths (need more testing by experienced individuals).
-Coolant cells now only store heat, not dissipate it, so you need something called a HeatSwitch.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 01:49:29 pm by Sergius »

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2909 on: September 16, 2012, 02:56:46 pm »

I'm suddenly imagining a crossover mod that uses a thermophile to cool reactors while generating even more energy.
I can feel eloraam turning in her not-grave right now.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 326