Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 949328 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #2985 on: September 22, 2012, 08:45:08 am »

Zooming is hardly the word I'd use to describe frameship motion :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2986 on: September 22, 2012, 08:50:39 am »

More like painfully inching along every 1.4 seconds...

That's the fastest I could get with a single pair of frame engines. :<
i think the frameship is better for stripping the earth while chugging along than for fast exploration.
Another use is quick movement, using already-created frame engine lines.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: October 01, 2012, 12:01:55 am »

Reviving this thread for the sole purpose of saying the guy who updates that forcefield mod is like some horrific love child of Alblaka and Eloraam, taking the worst traits of the parents in how the mod is made.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2988 on: October 01, 2012, 03:33:49 am »

Reviving this thread for the sole purpose of saying the guy who updates that forcefield mod is like some horrific love child of Alblaka and Eloraam, taking the worst traits of the parents in how the mod is made.
example?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: October 01, 2012, 11:03:29 am »

I had a weird idea for a minecraft complete conversion mod, wich would basically take the last update before the haloween update and rebuild minecraft from that, leaving out odd features like the end, adjusting the nether and making minecraft feel more minecraft then it does now.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: October 01, 2012, 11:09:30 am »

Sounds like some sort of Star Trek "See it's the same universe but they're all kids OH MY BAD ITS ALL A PARALLEL DIMENSION SO CANNON IS STILL SAFE!" bullshit copout move.  Sorry, I'm still upset over how they handled that.  Any given writer would kill to write a star trek movie, and yet the settle for cheap alternate realities and time travel loopholes.  *sigh*

Anyways, what would be changed?  I'm not familiar with the update schedule, so what's in the current that would get snipped, and what new would be added?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: October 01, 2012, 11:28:05 am »

Biomes (obviously to be re-added soon), sandstone, colored wool, diamond would be alot more common, the end, the nether, pumpkins...
And just about every aesthetic block, but obviously thats one of the things you would want to re-add.
I'm not sure what you could add, but minecraft now feels alot different from minecraft then. On the other side, i should use MCnostalgia to go back and check if it actually feels different, and its not just nostalgia.
One thing i'm sure would not be removed and improved would be Perlin noise. The stuff that originally powered miencraft terrain, the stuff that made minecraft terrain INTRESTING. Minecraft terrain now is flat. Then you have extreme hills, wich is flat but a few Z-levels higher.

Basically, more focused developement. Minecraft developement lacked a focus and still lacks one.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2992 on: October 01, 2012, 11:29:35 am »

The new MultiMC should be able to autoconvert back to older editions.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: October 01, 2012, 11:33:03 am »

I admit the perlin noise was really fun.  You get very rationale terrain in the current version.  And sure, it's technically nice, but it's not nearly as fun.  I think I'd like a mod that ONLY does perlin.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: October 01, 2012, 11:37:51 am »

example?
Okay, so to use this mod you have to mine out a new ore type that is only used for this mod. Then you need to make a refining block that turns it into the energy type only this mod uses, not EU like the parent mod. From there you can wirelessly have it transported to energy storage blocks from the refinery, where you can transport it to the actual forcefield blocks. Except to make any of this work you need to make dozens of upgrade components using diamonds surrounded by my custom ore. And to connect these blocks wirelessly you need to create a card object that is set to the identity of these blocks, which you can turn into another card for security stations which can tell nearby other blocks about permissions on letting you through with a custom item. But don't worry, things are easier with a multitool that can do a few small things that includes a wrench. A wrench for only this mod, because why would you want to use a wrench on Industrialcraft stuff? After that we make dozens of various upgrades because these things don't come with controls, you need to stick in the right number of specific items for specific configurations. Most of these things are made with pointless in-between steps for no reason.

Here is a video of some of the silliness.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: October 01, 2012, 11:45:47 am »

"And this new ore is called Forcilium" - All my respect.  Somewhere else.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: October 01, 2012, 11:54:56 am »

example?
-snip-

Complicated for the sake of being complicated. That's very redpowerish :P

I prefer Immibis' forcefield mod, much better integration with IC as a whole.
My cabbages!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: October 01, 2012, 11:58:10 am »

Also note that using "forcilium" means that forcefields are now a non-renewable system.  They can't be powered by IC2 energy, only by this ore type, so they instantly become something that you cannot leave running for extended times.

Anyone on multiplayer cries as they're no longer able to keep their base shielded overnight.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: October 01, 2012, 11:59:06 am »

Weird, i swear forsakens server was running this mod yet he powered his underwater base with a HV panel.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: October 01, 2012, 12:01:47 pm »

He was probably using Immibis' MFFS. It actually uses IC power, and doesn't have its own special ore that's required for everything.
My cabbages!

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 326