Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 949452 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #4680 on: January 05, 2014, 03:40:11 pm »

He's doing the same thing with his Kerbal Space Program mod as well, by the way.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: January 05, 2014, 03:45:20 pm »

So I've noticed. Which is actually even worse, given how many other difficulty/realism mods it already has... and the fact that it has mod support built in already. In minecraft, making BTW incompatible just means not using the standard third party API, which, while a jerk move, it at least somewhat understandable.

Also to be quite frank, his KSP mod is just BORING compared to the 'easy' ones he hates on. KSP interstellar gives you crazy efficient engines. Kethane makes fuel stop being a problem. ...But they're both endgame, adding something to do once you can reach other planets. Which the game itself lacks right now.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: January 05, 2014, 03:51:57 pm »

Yes, people are that stupid to add a challenge mod and mods to make it easier. The community gets that bad.
And I don't mean abput Eloraam but the Better With Forge blatant copy of the mod they did because he didn't grant permission to use his mod with Forge.
If you haven't played BTW in some time, there are a lot of changes even from 6 months ago.
And I don't think the Flowerchild you met is the same as the one I met. I criticized one of his game decisions in his own forums and he didn't bqn me outright like a lot of people think he does. We had a discussion, he pointed me some things I could do different and I pointed him some things he would later add while both staying civil.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: January 05, 2014, 04:05:41 pm »

I have zero issue with that Better With Forge thing, and in fact, I hope it does well. These are mods for a game none of them own the rights to. The idea of copyright claims and the BS surrounding it on FREE MODS is such utter insanity that I am happy to see someone go against it for the sake of providing what they believe to be a better experience.

I'm rather aggressively capitalist on this one: If flowerchild makes the better mod, people will play it. If it truly is better with forge, then he is providing the inferior service and thus it won't be used.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: January 05, 2014, 04:09:10 pm »

Can we start calling BWF Better With(out) Flowerchild for now on? You know, for fun?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: January 05, 2014, 04:11:29 pm »

Can we have a discussion without idiots talking out of their ass?
Dragnar, you have a point there, I also think that BWF was kinda overdramatized about by FC, but I still get the feeling that they did it to screw with him and not exactly for the better experience.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: January 05, 2014, 04:33:41 pm »

*clapclapclap*

This thread is starting to resemble the Youtube comment section a little too much.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: January 05, 2014, 04:46:07 pm »

Now that's someone I'd like to have a discussion with.

You make good points. You don't like BTW, you don't play it, you don't start talking shit about it. That's what everyone should do.
But in this case I think FC doesn't care about having as many people as possible but he does have a group of people who don't act like idiots and wants them to be happy and have a good play.
I think Forge right now wants as much people playing it as possible, without caring about balance between mods just giving people what they ask for.

Now that that's said I don't think I want to discuss anymore, I just wanted to know if some people played the same mod as I do and I got a bunch of aggresive answers.
People who like it will keep liking it, people who don't won't. I just want the haters to be quiet and the players to talk about the mod.

One last thing. Forsaken1111 can you pass me your mod list?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4688 on: January 05, 2014, 04:53:34 pm »

One last thing. Forsaken1111 can you pass me your mod list?
Er.. my current one is as follows. I threw these together to test some new stuff.

Agriculture
Applied Energistics
Ars Magica 2
Bibliocraft
Biomes o Plenty
Blood Magic
Carpenter Blocks
Chicken Chunks
ChocoCraft
DartCraft
Dimensional Doors
EnderStorage
Extra Utilities
Forge Multipart
Iron Chests 2
Modular Powersuits
Mystcraft
Natura
Open Blocks
Railcraft
Thaumcraft 4
Thaumic Tinkerer
Thermal Expansion
Tinker's Construct
Twilight Forest
Xact
IC2
Advanced Machines
Buildcraft
Forestry
Ender IO
Extra Bees and Trees
Magic Bees
ComputerCraft
OpenPeripherals
Mekanism
Galacticraft

and then a few client side mods like NEI and invtweaks

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: January 05, 2014, 04:57:53 pm »

Thanks man. That's a big list.
I played some of them and Galacticraft is one of my favourites.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: January 05, 2014, 04:58:21 pm »

He's doing the same thing with his Kerbal Space Program mod as well, by the way.

As far as I can see, this is a complete lie, especially considering that he's designing BTSM to work work other mods like Deadly Reentry.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4691 on: January 05, 2014, 05:01:20 pm »

I normally have even more. As I said my current build is to test some new ideas so I omitted a few mods

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4692 on: January 05, 2014, 05:07:20 pm »

As far as I can see, this is a complete lie, especially considering that he's designing BTSM to work work other mods like Deadly Reentry.
Not that this is the place to discuss it, but a quote from the OP there:

Compatibility with other mods:

It should be noted that other than the "required mods" BTSM is intended to be played alone. Thus, I do not offer support for playing it alongside other mods, nor can I vouch for the overall gameplay experience should you decide to install other mods alongside it. Overall, BTSM is intended to provide a tight, balanced, focused gameplay experience, not a broad one, or one that is open to a large number of player options.

Aside from that he's reacted with his typical attitude when people criticize his mod, and I remember him saying that his mod is to be played only as intended.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: January 05, 2014, 05:33:24 pm »

Those safari nets from Minefactory Reloaded are awesome.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The villagers will trade an emerald and a single-use one for a single-use one with a random (and unidentified) mob. Thus far, I've got a squid, a ghast, a penguin, and a fire beetle, all in the overworld. I'm hoping/fearing that it includes boss mobs in the mob roulette, because that would be hilarious.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: January 05, 2014, 05:48:13 pm »

How exactly does a villager catch a ghast in a net?
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 326