Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 326

Author Topic: Minecraft - Mods Thread  (Read 948952 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - Mods Thread
« Reply #2850 on: August 31, 2012, 08:42:49 pm »

Is there a list anywhere of items/things that will cause a client to crash when on/near RP2 frame ships in multiplayer of version 1.2.5? Because it happens a lot on Forsaken's server. Best I can tell, BC2 quarries do it, and rp2 redlogic circuits might have something to do with it too.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: September 01, 2012, 04:44:20 am »

I think its your client, i havent had a single crash due to that before, mayby try a fresh copy of minecraft and reinstalling the mods?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: September 01, 2012, 08:48:42 am »

could it be the fact it's in SMP? it may just be buggy in SMP only...
SMP and SSP are the same.
Anything that works in SSP works in SMP as well.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2853 on: September 01, 2012, 08:50:16 am »

could it be the fact it's in SMP? it may just be buggy in SMP only...
SMP and SSP are the same.
Anything that works in SSP works in SMP as well.
Most people aren't using 1.3.1+ until forge and other mods update

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2854 on: September 02, 2012, 08:52:07 pm »

My kingdom for a terrafirma craft installer. I love the mod so much but it's such a huge pain to install.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: September 08, 2012, 07:14:04 pm »

Mystcraft question: If some one were to place Decay Block in the Overworld would they start spreading? I kinda want to make a little challenge map for me and my buddy to find a stable world to live after the Overworld starts to decay.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2856 on: September 08, 2012, 07:14:54 pm »

Mystcraft question: If some one were to place Decay Block in the Overworld would they start spreading? I kinda want to make a little challenge map for me and my buddy to find a stable world to live after the Overworld starts to decay.
Yes. And if you place them at bedrock level they're almost impossible to remove by normal methods and will slowly destroy your world.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: September 08, 2012, 07:17:17 pm »

Yes. And if you place them at bedrock level they're almost impossible to remove by normal methods and will slowly destroy your world.
Good and you should watch out now jerk does not mess up your sever then since you run the mod right?

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2858 on: September 08, 2012, 07:18:10 pm »

Good and you should watch out now jerk does not mess up your sever then since you run the mod right?
There is no legit way to acquire a decay block as far as I know. You have to cheat to get them in inventory.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: September 09, 2012, 07:53:30 am »

I had this awesome idea of people using any redpower containing technic pack to build two frame space-ships, with TNT cannons, then battle each other.
Some players would operate cannons, others would repair damage and maintain power systems and some would have to command, possibly even some people being a boarding team, like having Small frame shuttles come out and move to the other ship, and sabotage! people in jetpacks sneaking into the other ship! Dismantling the motors so his own team can do a full front on the enemy team!

That would be awesome!
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: September 09, 2012, 08:10:56 am »

Frames are really not made for spaceships. They make alright automated crawlers that do stuff without player interaction. Actually housing and transporting players is a pain.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2861 on: September 09, 2012, 08:14:49 am »

Whenever I have time, I think I should try and play with the frames. I haven't had a chance to touch them yet. I wonder if you can make a frameship that both can proceed and level everything, mine into the ground when stationary all the way to bedrock, store all the useful things mined, and place farms, IC machines, and beds inside it somewhere.

I think you can make a crawler that, when activated, goes all the way across a field and harvests wheat, plants it, and moves on...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: September 09, 2012, 12:20:59 pm »

The problem is, you'd need a (expensive) computer, and there is a block limit of 1000 blocks. Blocks need to be connected to frames to move (there can only be one block inbetween). Alway is going to do some testing regarding multi-engined craft so he can exceed the limit of 1000 blocks. The plan is to use wireless redstone in the controlling unit, and then have one big ship that actually consists of multiple ships each with their own engine. (having two engines at one place wont let you carry 2000 blocks).
Check forsaken's server for more info.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: September 09, 2012, 01:08:47 pm »

hmmm the decay block just vanishes when I places it odd I've seen other people place them.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: September 09, 2012, 01:34:19 pm »

You could always make an age that has the same design as the overworld but with a flaw to create decay. Then start from there.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 326